Ron Paul

Discussions about politics and goings on around the world. (Please keep discussions civil!)
Furstentum Liechtenstein
Ultimate Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: It's Complicated
Creation Position: Young-Earth Creationist

Re: Ron Paul

Post by Furstentum Liechtenstein »

wrain62 wrote:Also we need to change the foreign policy to not be the policemen of the world. That is the one reason [Ron Paul] shines above the others, he desperately wants to change it to non interventionism. Although it is true an affirmative decision should be made for genocides. Also we need to change the fact that we are the policemen of the world only when it helps secure our influence and interests.
I couldn't agree more. The USA should stop policing the world and let the UN do that. They are, after all, the only legitimate supra-national power. Let's hear it for Ban Ki Moon! Ban Ki Moon for Dictator! Save us, Ban Ki Moon!

FL
Hold everything lightly. If you don't, it will hurt when God pries your fingers loose as He takes it from you. -Corrie Ten Boom

+ + +

If they had a social gospel in the days of the prodigal son, somebody would have given him a bed and a sandwich and he never would have gone home.

+ + +
Callisto
Established Member
Sex: Female
Creation Position: Theistic Evolution

Post by Callisto »

I'll be voting for Ron Paul no matter who wins the nomination. I've had with the GOP and Democrats, completely.
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Day-Age

Post by RickD »

Callisto wrote:I'll be voting for Ron Paul no matter who wins the nomination. I've had with the GOP and Democrats, completely.
I share your frustration, Callisto.
John 5:24
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

“A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves.”
-Edward R Murrow

St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony
Callisto
Established Member
Sex: Female

Post by Callisto »

*had it

It's been a LONG day. :)
wrain62
Valued Member

Post by wrain62 »

Furstentum Liechtenstein wrote:
wrain62 wrote:Also we need to change the foreign policy to not be the policemen of the world. That is the one reason [Ron Paul] shines above the others, he desperately wants to change it to non interventionism. Although it is true an affirmative decision should be made for genocides. Also we need to change the fact that we are the policemen of the world only when it helps secure our influence and interests.
I couldn't agree more. The USA should stop policing the world and let the UN do that. They are, after all, the only legitimate supra-national power. Let's hear it for Ban Ki Moon! Ban Ki Moon for Dictator! Save us, Ban Ki Moon!

Dictators or endless wars, you are saying these are the only options for our future, no? Any Empire that over extends breaks down because of it, Why should we think the US is different?
Romans 12:17 Do not repay anyone evil for evil. Be careful to do what is right in the eyes of everybody.
Furstentum Liechtenstein
Ultimate Member

wrain62 wrote:Dictators or endless wars, you are saying these are the only options for our future, no? Any Empire that over extends breaks down because of it, Why should we think the US is different?
I'm not sure I understand your question. And, you miscopied my original post; this only adds to my confusion.

As for my comments regarding Ban Ki Moon, they were made in jest...sort-of a verbal caricature. As the only superpower left, the USA is - by default - the only nation able to police the world.* If the USA abdicates, the UN could take over...I guess. From a worldly point-of-view, the UN would have a ''sort-of'' moral authority that many nations may follow...maybe. Bear in mind that the UN is hostile to the USA and to Western values in general. And the UN is very hostile to Israel. Is this the police force you - and other myopic Ron Paul supporters - want?

Anyway, Ron Paul is toast. He's endearing by virtue of his integrity - just like Howard Stern - but ultimately, he's a crackpot. :beat:

FL

* actually, the USA is no longer able to police the world but she still has the moral authority to lead other Western nations into doing so.
Hold everything lightly. If you don't, it will hurt when God pries your fingers loose as He takes it from you. -Corrie Ten Boom

+ + +

If they had a social gospel in the days of the prodigal son, somebody would have given him a bed and a sandwich and he never would have gone home.

+ + +
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

Anyway, Ron Paul is toast. He's endearing by virtue of his integrity - just like Howard Stern - but ultimately, he's a crackpot.
FL, you have such a way with words. :lol:
Comparing Ron Paul, with Howard Stern? I thought I've heard it all. But that just cracked me up. :pound:
You couldn't have compared two, who are more polar opposites. :pound:
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

-Edward R Murrow

wrain62
Valued Member

Post by wrain62 »

Anyway, Ron Paul is toast. He's endearing by virtue of his integrity - just like Howard Stern - but ultimately, he's a crackpot.

His position in the race means nothing about his ideals. Besides it is people like you that keep on saying he is unelectable that cause it too happen. Tricks against democracy. Now I may not be able to give my vote power on changing anything in the foreign policy since it seems like only the status quo president rules anyway. Fustrating.
Romans 12:17 Do not repay anyone evil for evil. Be careful to do what is right in the eyes of everybody.
Furstentum Liechtenstein
Ultimate Member

RickD wrote:
FL, you have such a way with words. :lol:
Comparing Ron Paul, with Howard Stern? I thought I've heard it all. But that just cracked me up. :pound:
You couldn't have compared two, who are more polar opposites. :pound:
You didn't understand, or I didn't explain myself properly. Paul and Stern are similar in that they are not hypocrites. They epitomize the ''what you see is what you get'' maxim. If either of these men say they are going to do something, you can be sure they will do it.

Is this clearer?

Anyway, Ron Paul is toast. Look to Santorum.

FL

+ + +

+ + +
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

Now, that's funny! :pound:

-Edward R Murrow

Byblos
Old School

Post by Byblos »

RickD wrote:
Now, that's funny! :pound:
Not if he is selected as Romney's running mate.
Let us proclaim the mystery of our faith: Christ has died, Christ is risen, Christ will come again.

Lord I am not worthy that you should enter under my roof, but only say the word and my soul shall be healed.
Furstentum Liechtenstein
Ultimate Member

This whole discussion is just for fun. The current tenant of the White House will probably have his lease renewed so - in a sense - everybody else is toast.

FL :comeon:

+ + +

+ + +
Byblos
Old School

Post by Byblos »

Furstentum Liechtenstein wrote:This whole discussion is just for fun. The current tenant of the White House will probably have his lease renewed so - in a sense - everybody else is toast.

FL :comeon:
I don't know, I'm still holding out hope (read delusional) that Romney will beat him.
Let us proclaim the mystery of our faith: Christ has died, Christ is risen, Christ will come again.

Lord I am not worthy that you should enter under my roof, but only say the word and my soul shall be healed.
Murray
Esteemed Senior Member
Creation Position: Undecided

Post by Murray »

Santorum for president
in nomine patri et fili spiritu sancte
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

Murray wrote:Santorum for president
:doh: :doh:
Double face palm. When one face palm just isn't enough.

-Edward R Murrow