to or not to

Are you a sincere seeker who has questions about Christianity, or a Christian with doubts about your faith? Post them here to receive a thoughtful response.
goldmoor
Familiar Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Day-Age

to or not to

Post by goldmoor »

don't judge it is not fair to judge someone. that we been told not to judge others and their mistakes in life because we aren't perfect either. We make mistakes, we break promise ,we commit sin so we are all on the same boat ,but i think there is a problem with this , now i am not saying be critical and condenm every chance you get ,but in the christain community when someone like a famous preacher for example is caught commiting sin there those who "excommuncate" for lack of a better word ,but the there are i lot that say "oh well i can't the guy/girl yes he/she did sin but we all sin were no different" and i think that i lot of us use a way of exusing that person sin and iy is a very Ad polulum statement .its kind of like saying it ok for me to run around with no close ,because did or once had done it( sorry for the obcscene example) :shock: . i don't know maybe i'm being to judgement ,but i feel that "I don't judge people" is use to make someones wrong doing seem less serious

what the you'll think
for God has not given us a spirit of fear,but power and of love and of a sound mind 2timonthy1:7

he has given us power to overcome any obstacle,love to endured any and all hardship and a sound mind to solve any problem and have peace inside and out so truly what is it that we should fear
Echoside
Valued Member
Creation Position: Undecided

Re: to or not to

Post by Echoside »

There is no problem with judging an action to be incorrect. I think we are all capable of doing that. However, when people say things like "you are going to hell", these are statements that are outside of our authority. Only God has the means to judge who goes to heaven, it is not our place.
goldmoor
Familiar Member

Post by goldmoor »

Echoside wrote:There is no problem with judging an action to be incorrect. I think we are all capable of doing that. However, when people say things like "you are going to hell", these are statements that are outside of our authority. Only God has the means to judge who goes to heaven, it is not our place.

i understand tha tbut what about a person who blatantly denys christ abd rejects the gospel all his life and dies with out repenting can we assume that that person more than likely won't be going to heaven
for God has not given us a spirit of fear,but power and of love and of a sound mind 2timonthy1:7

he has given us power to overcome any obstacle,love to endured any and all hardship and a sound mind to solve any problem and have peace inside and out so truly what is it that we should fear
Furstentum Liechtenstein
Ultimate Member
Sex: It's Complicated
Creation Position: Young-Earth Creationist

Post by Furstentum Liechtenstein »

goldmoor wrote:... what about a person who blatantly denys christ abd rejects the gospel all his life and dies with out repenting can we assume that that person more than likely won't be going to heaven
If the person denies Christ and dies without repenting, you can be certain he's on his way to someplace bad.

FL
Hold everything lightly. If you don't, it will hurt when God pries your fingers loose as He takes it from you. -Corrie Ten Boom

+ + +

If they had a social gospel in the days of the prodigal son, somebody would have given him a bed and a sandwich and he never would have gone home.

+ + +
goldmoor
Familiar Member

Post by goldmoor »

Furstentum Liechtenstein wrote:
goldmoor wrote:... what about a person who blatantly denys christ abd rejects the gospel all his life and dies with out repenting can we assume that that person more than likely won't be going to heaven
If the person denies Christ and dies without repenting, you can be certain he's on his way to someplace bad.

FL
true dat

Echoside
Valued Member
Creation Position: Undecided

Post by Echoside »

goldmoor wrote: i understand tha tbut what about a person who blatantly denys christ abd rejects the gospel all his life and dies with out repenting can we assume that that person more than likely won't be going to heaven
Sure, but we are not privy to this person's thoughts. IF this happened, no they would not go to heaven. But only God knows all the details.
CallMeDave
Valued Member
Creation Position: Young-Earth Creationist

Post by CallMeDave »

goldmoor wrote:don't judge it is not fair to judge someone. that we been told not to judge others and their mistakes in life because we aren't perfect either. We make mistakes, we break promise ,we commit sin so we are all on the same boat ,but i think there is a problem with this , now i am not saying be critical and condenm every chance you get ,but in the christain community when someone like a famous preacher for example is caught commiting sin there those who "excommuncate" for lack of a better word ,but the there are i lot that say "oh well i can't the guy/girl yes he/she did sin but we all sin were no different" and i think that i lot of us use a way of exusing that person sin and iy is a very Ad polulum statement .its kind of like saying it ok for me to run around with no close ,because did or once had done it( sorry for the obcscene example) :shock: . i don't know maybe i'm being to judgement ,but i feel that "I don't judge people" is use to make someones wrong doing seem less serious

what the you'll think

As Christians, there are only 2 things that apply to judging others incorrectly :

1. Do not judge anothers eternal destiny since that is Gods job .

2. Do not judge hypocritically...that is, dont judge someone elses action when you are doing the very same thing.

Other than that, we are called to judge and so discern Another ; if we didnt...then we couldnt carry out the biblical mandate of going to Someone we see following error and try to help them back on the right path. Today, the opposite of this is the (twisted) Tolerance philosophy , where people are asked to be apathetic toward whatever a person or group does ..even if it is wrong, perverted, dangerous, and harmful to individuals or the nation at large... and, for this abberant behavior to rank equal to your own beliefs, philosophy, morality, or religion. (Aint going to happen with THIS Christian !) .
"I never asserted such an absurd proposition, that something could arise without a Cause" -- staunch atheist Philosopher David Hume.

"What this world now needs is Christian love or compassion" -- staunch atheist Bertrand Russell.