change

General discussions about Christianity including salvation, heaven and hell, Christian history and so on.
goldmoor
Familiar Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Day-Age

change

Post by goldmoor »

GOD never changes right, then that mean God was the same in the past as he is now , so when God command the isralites to destroy others groups of people ,then it would be ok to do it now ,for instance the isralites were told to destroy the cannanites because they sacrfice they're children to Molech among other thing. Then that person who blew up the abortion clinic(don't know exactly when it happened) was right for doing it,because abortions is just the same as what the cannanites were doing i don't know i just really turn on this issue when people kill and say it was for God i want to refute it but there was a time when God did command the killing of people so why wouldn't he Know :esad: :(
for God has not given us a spirit of fear,but power and of love and of a sound mind 2timonthy1:7

he has given us power to overcome any obstacle,love to endured any and all hardship and a sound mind to solve any problem and have peace inside and out so truly what is it that we should fear
dayage
Valued Member

Re: change

Post by dayage »

goldmoor,

God Himself (character, morality, etc.) never changes, but that does not mean that He does not change His mode of operation. God created and then stopped and He will create again in the future. The Holy Spirit did not permanently indwell believers back then, now He does. There was no Spirit powered "salt and light" in the world, back then. Although, Israel was to be God's witness.
Romans 12:14 Bless those who persecute you; bless and curse not.
15 Rejoice with those who rejoice, and weep with those who weep.
16 Be of the same mind toward one another; do not be haughty in mind, but associate with the lowly. Do not be wise in your own estimation.
17 Never pay back evil for evil to anyone. Respect what is right in the sight of all men.
18 If possible, so far as it depends on you, be at peace with all men.
19 Never take your own revenge, beloved, but leave room for the wrath of God, for it is written, "VENGEANCE IS MINE, I WILL REPAY," says the Lord.
20 "BUT IF YOUR ENEMY IS HUNGRY, FEED HIM, AND IF HE IS THIRSTY, GIVE HIM A DRINK; FOR IN SO DOING YOU WILL HEAP BURNING
COALS UPON HIS HEAD. "
21 Do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.
Romans 13:1 Let every person be in subjection to the governing authorities. For there is no authority except from God, and those which exist are
established by God.
2 Therefore he who resists authority has opposed the ordinance of God; and they who have opposed will receive condemnation upon themselves.
3 For rulers are not a cause of fear for good behavior, but for evil. Do you want to have no fear of authority? Do what is good, and you will have praise
from the same;
4 for it is a minister of God to you for good. But if you do what is evil, be afraid; for it does not bear the sword for nothing; for it is a minister of God, an
avenger who brings wrath upon the one who practices evil.
As Paul stated it, individuals are not allowed to take revenge. It is a matter for those in authority to decide.

Even when God gave the LAW He made this clear, Exodus 21:22, 22:8-9; Numbers 35:9-31: Deuteronomy 19:1-21.
goldmoor
Familiar Member

Post by goldmoor »

[quote="dayage"]goldmoor,

As Paul stated it, individuals are not allowed to take revenge. It is a matter for those in authority to decide.

i agree ,but i meant when someone take Gods authority in their own hands
for God has not given us a spirit of fear,but power and of love and of a sound mind 2timonthy1:7

he has given us power to overcome any obstacle,love to endured any and all hardship and a sound mind to solve any problem and have peace inside and out so truly what is it that we should fear
wrain62
Valued Member
Creation Position: Theistic Evolution

Post by wrain62 »

goldmoor wrote:GOD never changes right, then that mean God was the same in the past as he is now , so when God command the isralites to destroy others groups of people ,then it would be ok to do it now ,for instance the isralites were told to destroy the cannanites because they sacrfice they're children to Molech among other thing. Then that person who blew up the abortion clinic(don't know exactly when it happened) was right for doing it,because abortions is just the same as what the cannanites were doing i don't know i just really turn on this issue when people kill and say it was for God i want to refute it but there was a time when God did command the killing of people so why wouldn't he Know :esad: :(
Well the example you gave is wrong in comparing to the Isrealite conquest since it was filled with a deep will of God(deeper than the immediate punishment for sin like the one described in your example) and there can be a lot of descussion of why God did anything pertaining to the Isrealites(covanents). The question I thnk is right is, why would God limit his sovereignty willingly with covanents(since the conquest was for the covanent)? This question relates to why we were created in the first place. Questions about God's actions always/law boil down to the question of fundamental creation, why are we even created.
Romans 12:17 Do not repay anyone evil for evil. Be careful to do what is right in the eyes of everybody.
Danieltwotwenty
Ultimate Member

Post by Danieltwotwenty »

why are we even created.
Love.
1Tim1:15-17
Here is a trustworthy saying that deserves full acceptance: Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners of whom I am the worst. But for that very reason I was shown mercy so that in me, the worst of sinners, Christ Jesus might display his immense patience as an example for those who would believe in him and receive eternal life. Now to the King eternal, immortal, invisible, the only God, be honor and glory for ever and ever.Amen.
Gman
Old School

Post by Gman »

And marriage...
The heart cannot rejoice in what the mind rejects as false - Galileo

We learn from history that we do not learn from history - Georg Friedrich Wilhelm Hegel

Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable, if anything is excellent or praiseworthy, think about such things. -Philippians 4:8
Danieltwotwenty
Ultimate Member

Post by Danieltwotwenty »

Goes together like a horse and carriage, sorry couldn't help myself. :lol:

Dan
1Tim1:15-17
Here is a trustworthy saying that deserves full acceptance: Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners of whom I am the worst. But for that very reason I was shown mercy so that in me, the worst of sinners, Christ Jesus might display his immense patience as an example for those who would believe in him and receive eternal life. Now to the King eternal, immortal, invisible, the only God, be honor and glory for ever and ever.Amen.
Reactionary

Post by Reactionary »

Danieltwotwenty wrote:Love.
Gman wrote:And marriage...
Danieltwotwenty wrote:Goes together like a horse and carriage, sorry couldn't help myself. :lol:

Dan
:pound:
"Do not give dogs what is sacred; do not throw your pearls to pigs. If you do, they may trample them under their feet, and then turn and tear you to pieces." Matthew 7:6

"For his invisible attributes, namely, his eternal power and divine nature, have been clearly perceived, ever since the creation of the world, in the things that have been made. So they are without excuse." Romans 1:20

--Reactionary
goldmoor
Familiar Member

Post by goldmoor »

you guys :lol:

Jac3510
Ultimate Member
Creation Position: Young-Earth Creationist

Post by Jac3510 »

You are correct that God does not change. Further, I can happily concede that God could order a nation to attack and destroy another nation for certain evils if He so chose. It is not unjust to destroy if that destruction is an execution of divine judgment.

The difference, of course, between blowing up an abortion clinic and the Canaanite Conquests is two-fold: 1) abortion clinics are not nations as was Canaan. They are, instead, a part of our nation. God expects us, then, to deal with them insofar as we are dealing with ourselves. Just as Israel was commanded to repent and get rid of idolatry, so America ought to repent and get rid of that sort of detestable act. 2) The clinic bomber cannot claim to act as an agent of divine judgment. God had a direct order for Joshua. He has given no such order to any Christian.

There are also differences relating to the nature of the land as a whole. To take only one example, Canaan was (and is) a geographical promise to the descendants of Israel. No Christian can make a similar claim on the corner on which your local abortion clinic sits.

The bottom line is that while there are similarities between the two cases you cite, there are more than enough differences that prevent us from applying the situation of one directly to the situation of the other. What can be applied, however, is that if God detested the Canaanites for sacrificing their children--and that sin put them in serious danger of judgment--so, too, God detests the sacrifice of our unborn children at the altar of liberalism, and that places the abortionist (primarily) and the society that allows them to operate (us, secondarily) at risk of similar judgment.
Proinsias wrote:I don't think you are hearing me. Preference for ice cream is a moral issue
And that, brothers and sisters, is the kind of foolishness you get people who insist on denying biblical theism. A good illustration of any as the length people will go to avoid acknowledging basic truths.