Ron Paul

Discussions about politics and goings on around the world. (Please keep discussions civil!)
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Day-Age

Re: Ron Paul

Post by RickD »

Byblos wrote:
Furstentum Liechtenstein wrote:This whole discussion is just for fun. The current tenant of the White House will probably have his lease renewed so - in a sense - everybody else is toast.

FL :comeon:
I don't know, I'm still holding out hope (read delusional) that Romney will beat him.
Byblos, if your hope is in Romney, you are delusional. :pound:
John 5:24
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

“A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves.”
-Edward R Murrow

St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony
Murray
Esteemed Senior Member
Creation Position: Undecided

Post by Murray »

well rick, ron paul has 0 chance now , soo, you'd better start re-thinking your actual options
in nomine patri et fili spiritu sancte
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

Murray wrote:well rick, ron paul has 0 chance now , soo, you'd better start re-thinking your actual options
Murray, I hadn't even decided that I was going to vote for Ron Paul, anyways.
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

-Edward R Murrow

Furstentum Liechtenstein
Ultimate Member
Sex: It's Complicated
Creation Position: Young-Earth Creationist

Post by Furstentum Liechtenstein »

Byblos wrote:I don't know, I'm still holding out hope (read delusional) that Romney will beat him.
Why do you like Romney? y=:) Is it because he may become god of his own planet one day?
Murray wrote:Santorum for president
If I were American - thank gawd I'm not - I'd support Sanctorum...Sanitorium...Salubrium...that other guy who'll also lose. y**==

FL
Hold everything lightly. If you don't, it will hurt when God pries your fingers loose as He takes it from you. -Corrie Ten Boom

+ + +

If they had a social gospel in the days of the prodigal son, somebody would have given him a bed and a sandwich and he never would have gone home.

+ + +
Silvertusk
Board Moderator

Post by Silvertusk »

Bartlett!!

Bartlett!!

Bartlett!!

Bartlett!!
1harpazo
Recognized Member

Post by 1harpazo »

Here is a very interesting read by Kelleigh Nelson on the "true" Rick Santorum http://www.newswithviews.com/Nelson/kelleigh144.htm. This guy is pandering to conservative Christians because he realizes that there is a large block of Christians who vote "names" only. The best conservative Christian on the Republican ticket is stymied by the MSM in getting his agenda aired. I dare say that most GOP voters still subscribe to the MSM.

edit: second part of article: http://www.newswithviews.com/Nelson/kelleigh145.htm
Last edited by 1harpazo on Mon Feb 13, 2012 6:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
jlay
Ultimate Member

Post by jlay »

1harpazo wrote:
Here is a very interesting read by Kelleigh Nelson on the "true" Rick Santorum http://www.newswithviews.com/Nelson/kelleigh144.htm. This guy is pandering to conservative Christians because he realizes that there is a large block of Christians who vote "names" only. The best conservative Christian on the Republican ticket is stymied by the MSM in getting his agenda aired. I dare say that most GOP voters still subscribe to the MSM.
I live in Knoxville, and I've never heard of that lady. If she reads the New American then she is a paranoid John Bircher, imo. That said, I know little to nothign about Santorum. I'm utterly amazed at the loor quality of candidates. Newt is a smart guy, but his is angry and has personal issues. Romney, as the article said had ancenstors who left the country to avoid polygamy laws. There is a strong push in the media to normalize the mormon cult.
-“The Bible treated allegorically becomes putty in the hands of the exegete.” John Walvoord

"I'm not saying scientists don't overstate their results. They do. And it's understandable, too...If you spend years working toward a certain goal and make no progress, of course you are going to spin your results in a positive light." Ivellious
Ivellious
Esteemed Senior Member
Christian: No
Creation Position: I don't believe in creation

Post by Ivellious »

Jlay...i know you aren't opposed to Romney just because of that one point you just made, but isn't that treading on dangerous territory when you start judging candidates based on their distant ancestors?
Furstentum Liechtenstein
Ultimate Member
Sex: It's Complicated

Post by Furstentum Liechtenstein »

Silvertusk wrote:Bartlett!!

Bartlett!!

Bartlett!!

Bartlett!!
Margaret Thatcher for President!

FL
Hold everything lightly. If you don't, it will hurt when God pries your fingers loose as He takes it from you. -Corrie Ten Boom

+ + +

If they had a social gospel in the days of the prodigal son, somebody would have given him a bed and a sandwich and he never would have gone home.

+ + +
1harpazo
Recognized Member

Post by 1harpazo »

jlay wrote:
1harpazo wrote:
I live in Knoxville, and I've never heard of that lady. If she reads the New American then she is a paranoid John Bircher, imo. That said, I know little to nothign about Santorum. I'm utterly amazed at the loor quality of candidates. Newt is a smart guy, but his is angry and has personal issues. Romney, as the article said had ancenstors who left the country to avoid polygamy laws. There is a strong push in the media to normalize the mormon cult.
Since this is a thread about Ron Paul, what's your thoughts on him?

Kelleigh Nelson has also written well-documented articles on the other Republican candidates here: http://www.newswithviews.com/Nelson/kelleighA.htm
Stu
Esteemed Senior Member

Post by Stu »

RickD wrote:Byblos, if your hope is in Romney, you are delusional. :pound:
What's wrong with Romney?

This falls into the category of "answers for non-American's" :D
While I'm not American I did follow the last elections quite closely and thought Romney seemed like a decent candidate.
Only when the blood runs and the shackles restrain, will the sheep then awake. When all is lost.
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

Stu wrote:
RickD wrote:Byblos, if your hope is in Romney, you are delusional. :pound:
What's wrong with Romney?

This falls into the category of "answers for non-American's" :D
While I'm not American I did follow the last elections quite closely and thought Romney seemed like a decent candidate.
He's a flip-flopper. He changes his beliefs, depending on what his majority of voters believe in. In Massachusetts(very liberal) Romney wanted girls under 18, who want an abortion, to be able to go against their parents, and get a judge's permission to be able to get an abortion. And, while governor of Massachusetts, Romney promised no new taxes, while adding fees to everything instead.
He just says what people want to hear. Just like most other politicians.

-Edward R Murrow

StMonicaGuideMe
Valued Member

Post by StMonicaGuideMe »

RickD wrote:
StMonicaGuideMe wrote:He's a little TOO libertarian for my liking, and doesn't hold too true to the Christian ideal of supporting those who need help (the elderly, jobless, etc) through a social welfare system -- though that could be my very, very cosmetic evaluation. Otherwise, I like him. He's got a steady record, is honest and extremely clear about his goals. No nonsense attitude.
Hi, StMonica. It's good to see you back. :D . I'm not sure I agree that the Christian ideal, is for the govt to support those who need help. I believe that is the duty of individuals, and the church, not the govt. And, while Paul is strongly libertarian, I think you'd find that he certainly agrees that people should help those who need it.
Thanks, Rick :) I'm not on as much as I'd like but hopefully I'll be able to swing by once a week or so!

I suppose I'm a little too idealistic. I think in a perfect world, a government would a) be small b) not interfere and c) be moral.

Asking too much? Probably :P
To sustain the belief that there is no God, atheism has to demonstrate infinite knowledge, which is tantamount to saying, “I have infinite knowledge that there is no being in existence with infinite knowledge".
Gman
Old School

Post by Gman »

Even though Ron Paul has a goofy stance on foreign policy, I would still take him any day over Mitt Romney. That guy just scares me....
The heart cannot rejoice in what the mind rejects as false - Galileo

We learn from history that we do not learn from history - Georg Friedrich Wilhelm Hegel

Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable, if anything is excellent or praiseworthy, think about such things. -Philippians 4:8
Byblos
Old School

Post by Byblos »

Gman wrote:Even though Ron Paul has a goofy stance on foreign policy, I would still take him any day over Mitt Romney. That guy just scares me....
Between Mitt Romney and Rick Santorum, one is a Morman and the other Catholic. Oy! This country's going to hell in a hand basket. :evil:
Let us proclaim the mystery of our faith: Christ has died, Christ is risen, Christ will come again.

Lord I am not worthy that you should enter under my roof, but only say the word and my soul shall be healed.