Machine Gun Preacher

Whether you are new or just lurking, take a moment to introduce yourself or discuss something general.
Stu
Esteemed Senior Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Undecided

Machine Gun Preacher

Post by Stu »

Haven't seen the movie yet myself, but could be one to look out for when it's released (19th March on blu-ray).
Machine Gun Preacher

I won't be holding my breath for a by-the-book Christian spin on things; but it's always interesting to watch movies that at least show some respect for Christianity if it's used the theme for a film, The Book of Eli being one.
Only when the blood runs and the shackles restrain, will the sheep then awake. When all is lost.
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member
Creation Position: Day-Age

Re: Machine Gun Preacher

Post by RickD »

Stu wrote:Haven't seen the movie yet myself, but could be one to look out for when it's released (19th March on blu-ray).
Machine Gun Preacher

I won't be holding my breath for a by-the-book Christian spin on things; but it's always interesting to watch movies that at least show some respect for Christianity if it's used the theme for a film, The Book of Eli being one.
The "Book of Eli" was a GREAT movie. A man of God, in a mainstream movie, with a top actor(Denzel) being portrayed as a hero! What a pleasant surprise!
John 5:24
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

“A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves.”
-Edward R Murrow

St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony
Danieltwotwenty
Ultimate Member
Creation Position: Theistic Evolution

Post by Danieltwotwenty »

Thanksfor bringing that to my attention, I will watch it when it comes out on I-tunes.
I loved the book of Eli as well, excellent movie.

Dan
1Tim1:15-17
Here is a trustworthy saying that deserves full acceptance: Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners of whom I am the worst. But for that very reason I was shown mercy so that in me, the worst of sinners, Christ Jesus might display his immense patience as an example for those who would believe in him and receive eternal life. Now to the King eternal, immortal, invisible, the only God, be honor and glory for ever and ever.Amen.
Stu
Esteemed Senior Member

Post by Stu »

Ah glad I'm not the only one. Really enjoyed The Book of Eli myself; Denzel kicked some serious post-apocalyptic butt in that one :)
Only when the blood runs and the shackles restrain, will the sheep then awake. When all is lost.
Murray
Esteemed Senior Member

Post by Murray »

I've seen the book of eli wayyy to many times...
in nomine patri et fili spiritu sancte
Rob
Valued Member

Post by Rob »

I'm looking forward to seeing Machine Gun Preacher, if only for Mr. Chris Cornell's lovely song from it!