How to be an Online Jerk!

Discussions amongst Christians about life issues, walking with Christ, and general Christian topics that don't fit under any other area.
Canuckster1127
Old School
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Theistic Evolution

Post by Canuckster1127 »

http://frankviola.org/2012/02/16/beingajerkonline/

A good blog on the subject from my friend Frank Viola!
Dogmatism is the comfortable intellectual framework of self-righteousness. Self-righteousness is more decadent than the worst sexual sin. ~ Dan Allender
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member
Creation Position: Day-Age

Re: How to be an Online Jerk!

Post by RickD »

Canuckster1127 wrote:How to be an Online Jerk!

http://frankviola.org/2012/02/16/beingajerkonline/

A good blog on the subject from my friend Frank Viola!
Great points! But, I just don't see how it pertains to us. We never do that kind of stuff here. :roll:
I think Frank must have been lurking at God & Science, before he wrote that. So Frank, if you're lurking, you nailed it! :lol:
John 5:24
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

“A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves.”
-Edward R Murrow

St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony
Callisto
Established Member
Sex: Female

Post by Callisto »

One might call it "the art of trolling". I see it all the time on Facebook nowadays and it's kind of depressing, but then again there have always been trolls in one form or another throughout the millenia....
Danieltwotwenty
Ultimate Member

Post by Danieltwotwenty »

I must admit that sometimes I let my emotions get the better of me but I think I am getting better at it with practise. :oops:

Dan
1Tim1:15-17
Here is a trustworthy saying that deserves full acceptance: Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners of whom I am the worst. But for that very reason I was shown mercy so that in me, the worst of sinners, Christ Jesus might display his immense patience as an example for those who would believe in him and receive eternal life. Now to the King eternal, immortal, invisible, the only God, be honor and glory for ever and ever.Amen.
Canuckster1127
Old School

Post by Canuckster1127 »

I've been guilty of many of the behaviors noted through the years. I think it's safe to say that most of us have. Being more self-aware helps to put a handle on it.
Dogmatism is the comfortable intellectual framework of self-righteousness. Self-righteousness is more decadent than the worst sexual sin. ~ Dan Allender