Sin In Heaven

Discussions amongst Christians about life issues, walking with Christ, and general Christian topics that don't fit under any other area.
Murray
Esteemed Senior Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Undecided

Sin In Heaven

Post by Murray »

Can we think sinful thoughts in heaven?
in nomine patri et fili spiritu sancte
B. W.
Ultimate Member

Re: Sin In Heaven

Post by B. W. »

Murray wrote:Can we think sinful thoughts in heaven?
No... absolutely not!

Why...

Eph 1:13, 14 In Him you also trusted, after you heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation; in whom also, having believed, you were sealed with the Holy Spirit of promise, 14 who is the guarantee of our inheritance until the redemption of the purchased possession, to the praise of His glory.

Matthew 15:18-19 But those things which proceed out of the mouth come from the heart, and they defile a man. 19 For out of the heart proceed evil thoughts, murders, adulteries, fornications, thefts, false witness, blasphemies.

Eze 36:26, 27 I will give you a new heart and put a new spirit within you; I will take the heart of stone out of your flesh and give you a heart of flesh. 27 I will put My Spirit within you and cause you to walk in My statutes, and you will keep My judgments and do them.

Jer 31:33 But this is the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel after those days, says the LORD: I will put My law in their minds, and write it on their hearts; and I will be their God, and they shall be My people.

The Lord gives those that believe in Him a new heart that will....

Deut 30:6 And the LORD your God will circumcise your heart and the heart of your descendants, to love the LORD your God with all your heart and with all your soul, that you may live.

Matthew 22:37 Jesus said to him, 'YOU SHALL LOVE THE LORD YOUR GOD WITH ALL YOUR HEART, WITH ALL YOUR SOUL, AND WITH ALL YOUR MIND.'

Our lives lived in this mortal now learn of this and how to love and later this is sealed after we pass on into the eternal. Now look at what Romans chapter eigth says about walking by the Spirit in this mortal now...

Rom 8:2, 3, 4, 5 6 For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus has made me free from the law of sin and death. 3 For what the law could not do in that it was weak through the flesh, God did by sending His own Son in the likeness of sinful flesh, on account of sin: He condemned sin in the flesh, 4 that the righteous requirement of the law might be fulfilled in us who do not walk according to the flesh but according to the Spirit. 5 For those who live according to the flesh set their minds on the things of the flesh, but those who live according to the Spirit, the things of the Spirit. 6 For to be carnally minded is death, but to be spiritually minded is life and peace.

Do you see it?
-
-
-
Science is man's invention - creation is God's
(by B. W. Melvin)

Old Polish Proverb:
Not my Circus....not my monkeys
kmr
Valued Member
Creation Position: Undecided

Post by kmr »

Direct correlation:

Sinful thoughts come from the heart.

God will give us a new heart.

You do know that it is part of the gift to have our sin taken away, right? We are choosing to be God's children and utterly abandoning sin in every form. It is a HUGE choice to make... why else would God give the matter so much importance?
- KMR

Dominum meum amō!
dayage
Valued Member
Creation Position: Day-Age

Post by dayage »

2 Peter 3:13 But according to His promise we are looking for new heavens and a new earth, in which righteousness dwells.
Revelation 21:27 and nothing unclean and no one who practices abomination and lying, shall ever come into it, but only those whose names are written in the Lamb's book of life.
Kurieuo
Honored Member
Creation Position: Progressive Creationist

Post by Kurieuo »

Murray wrote:Can we think sinful thoughts in heaven?
I believe we will be able to think thoughts about sinning, but we could not entertain them. For example, when Satan fell, angels had a choice to make. All angels knew they could part from God (and in this sense could think a sinful thought), yet only some entertained the thought and acted on it.

Likewise, we will be able to think about sins, but we would not be able to really entertain them and certainly not act on them. Firstly, I don't see how it is possible any of us who have willingly chosen and submitted to God here on Earth would then turn around in the hereafter, and secondly who we are and our decisions I believe will be locked in by God. For us to then sin in heaven, would in effect mean us turning on ourselves (not just God). Just as God sinning would be to go against His own nature. The two won't be possible.