atheist

Whether you are new or just lurking, take a moment to introduce yourself or discuss something general.
Tina
Established Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Female
Creation Position: Undecided

atheist

Post by Tina »

I basically proved to an atheist today that Christianity is not about hate and judging others ...by arguing with another "Christian"........what a strange world.....
"Love others as I have loved you." -Jesus Christ
wrain62
Valued Member
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Theistic Evolution

Re: atheist

Post by wrain62 »

Tina wrote:I basically proved to an atheist today that Christianity is not about hate and judging others ...by arguing with another "Christian"........what a strange world.....
How do you know it proved something to the atheist? Was it a debate or something?
Romans 12:17 Do not repay anyone evil for evil. Be careful to do what is right in the eyes of everybody.
Stu
Esteemed Senior Member

Post by Stu »

Tina wrote:I basically proved to an atheist today that Christianity is not about hate and judging others ...by arguing with another "Christian"........what a strange world.....
Nice :)
Only when the blood runs and the shackles restrain, will the sheep then awake. When all is lost.
CallMeDave
Valued Member
Creation Position: Young-Earth Creationist

Post by CallMeDave »

The atheist had to have walked away thinking that you as a Christian, are (biblically) principled by lovingly pointing out to another Christian the error of their ways . People do take note, so, good job.
"I never asserted such an absurd proposition, that something could arise without a Cause" -- staunch atheist Philosopher David Hume.

"What this world now needs is Christian love or compassion" -- staunch atheist Bertrand Russell.
Tina
Established Member

Post by Tina »

wrain62 wrote:
How do you know it proved something to the atheist? Was it a debate or something?
No, it started out with me commenting on a picture relating to Christianity. An atheist started a lil argument with me and then we stopped talking. Then further down, I noticed a different Christian and that same atheist had had a conversation. The Christian basically told the athiest that GOD didn't choose him to go to heaven so therefore he won't have to worry about GOD interfering with his life. Here is the convo ( though I am ashamed for losing my temper at the end of it, please forgive me if I offend anyone I don't want to start anything ) --Later the atheist messaged me saying that she thinks I'm a decent person. ( I am SunlightSeven --Kelsey-kat the atheist--)

~Kelsey-Kat 1 day ago
-Usually this is used to point out the hypocrisy of an all-knowing, all-loving, all-powerful god. Or, more commonly, the hypocrisy of those who believe in him and yet believe what he does is immoral.

:iconapollyon2011:
*Apollyon2011 2 days ago
God is almighty... He doesn't need to justify Himself to anyone, much less a human being...

:iconkelsey-kat:
~Kelsey-Kat 1 day ago
Well, I'm glad you believe that, so long as your 'god' doesn't interfere with my life or decisions. I'm just glad a lot of Christians have stopped believing everything he says, or else many of my friends would have been sold as sex slaves by their fathers :[

*Apollyon2011 1 day ago
Don't worry about it. God and Christ won't interfere in your life because you rejected them, and they won't have anything to do with you. So, as far as you're concerned, you're in the clear.

~Kelsey-Kat 1 day ago
Well, actually, 'they' are in the form of their followers making stupid laws so that I don't have equal right and in the form of their followers discriminating against me.

*Apollyon2011 1 day ago
Uh... I couldn't quite make out what you said. "They" as in God and Christ? If so, you shouldn't group all Christians together... I'll admit there are some Christians who give a lot of us a bad name by Bible thumping people. Their intentions are good, just a little overzealous. Also, Christians don't want others to burn in hell if they don't believe. God chooses who He wants to be drawn to Him. So, it's really out of humanity's hands. People tend to think that they have free will in terms of Salvations, but they really don't. The reason you don't believe, is because God didn't draw you to Him. We, as humans, are completely corrupt/sinful, and we naturally cannot desire to want to serve God or be with Him because we want to do things our way and fulfill our own desires. God only selects certain individuals throughout history to save, and others not to. You may call that cruel, but the fact is that every single human on earth, myself included, deserves eternal damnation for our sins and actions. The mere decision that God provided humanity Salvation is love enough.

tl;dr - I don't know what you said, but I believe in God, and I don't care that you don't.

~Kelsey-Kat 1 day ago
See, you are dragging everybody else, including myself, into your religious beliefs. You are saying that your god controls me and I deserve eternal damnation, as does everybody else, and that I will get it. That is just a [love] up way of thinking.

Religion is fine when its "This is what I think will happen to me and I believe everybody can do whatever they want and I'm not going to judge anybody based on my beliefs and I'm going to believe everybody is generally good" but it isn't when its "My god controls everybody and we're all evil but a lot of us are more evil than others and we will all be punished by eternal hellfire". -.-

*Apollyon2011 1 day ago
Well, it's too bad that you hate religion and God. Do whatever you want.

(1 Reply)
:iconsunlightseven:
~SunlightSeven 1 day ago
What you are describing is predestination. If it was true, then there would have been absolutely no reason for Christ to die for us. We have free will. We choose our fates. So, in the end, if I go to hell, I can say it was my own damn fault. Predestination goes against God's character. He is all-loving. He loves everyone. If He chooses only certain people to go to heaven and leave the rest, He would not be all-loving. If predestination was true, there would be no reason for us to be here. God doesn't do meaningless things. ( I don't mean to offend you in any way, I'm just saying that predestination doesn't fit God's character, so therefore, cannot be true )

*Apollyon2011 1 day ago
Yeah, predestination is exactly what it is. And, it makes perfect sense, even from a logical standpoint. Check it, yo: [link] <-- Even the Scripture supports it. You're argument is now invalid. Have a great day!

~SunlightSeven 1 day ago
And the scripture also supports freewill and goes against predestination and makes much more sense--You check it-->[link]

( If predestination is true, then you have no right to argue with an atheist )

*Apollyon2011 1 day ago
Atheists are godless heathens... Why would I care what an atheist thinks? If you are an atheist (or something similar), which I'm assuming you are, because if you weren't, then this conversation wouldn't be happening. Obviously, this conversation will go nowhere, as do conversations between atheists and anyone who believes in God. So, this conversation is over. I refuse to waste my time.

:iconsunlightseven:
~SunlightSeven 1 day ago
I have been a Christian all my life. And you say you don't care about athiests? If you're a true Christian, you would care about everyone and be more loving. You are the heathen. This [poop] is why atheists hate us so damn much T_T
GOD loves everyone. What gives you the right to tell someone they are going to hell and yet you get to go to heaven cuz you are the "chosen one". What makes you so damn special? You go against everything Christianity stands for T_T

( I DO NOT MEAN TO START ANYTHING OR OFFEND ANYONE!! THIS IS JUST THE CONVERSATION THAT HAPPENED! )
Danieltwotwenty
Ultimate Member

Post by Danieltwotwenty »

Good for you Tina, that was some righteous judgement.
That guy sounded like he came from the WBBC cult.

Dan
1Tim1:15-17
Here is a trustworthy saying that deserves full acceptance: Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners of whom I am the worst. But for that very reason I was shown mercy so that in me, the worst of sinners, Christ Jesus might display his immense patience as an example for those who would believe in him and receive eternal life. Now to the King eternal, immortal, invisible, the only God, be honor and glory for ever and ever.Amen.
wrain62
Valued Member

Post by wrain62 »

Tina wrote:See, you are dragging everybody else, including myself, into your religious beliefs. You are saying that your god controls me and I deserve eternal damnation, as does everybody else, and that I will get it. That is just a [love] up way of thinking.

Religion is fine when its "This is what I think will happen to me and I believe everybody can do whatever they want and I'm not going to judge anybody based on my beliefs and I'm going to believe everybody is generally good" but it isn't when its "My god controls everybody and we're all evil but a lot of us are more evil than others and we will all be punished by eternal hellfire". -.-
This equates to "I am fine with delussions as long as it is contained in those peoples and communities that believe and that on the outside everbody believes in secular humanism" which in my opinion is hypocritical of him because the person is saying that he does not want to be dragged down by Christian belief but on the other hand the person wants everybody to be tied down down in their religious belief in secular humanism. Secular Humanism is a religious belief under the free exercise clause but not under the establishment clause according to US courts so maybe he is just refering to religious belief that is under establishment; but still I think it is not right people to exert belief in secular humanism on others and say on the other hand it is not good for you to say belief judgements at all. By saying that you should not judge others based on religious belief they are judging that a person is not worthy of dicernment of others.
Romans 12:17 Do not repay anyone evil for evil. Be careful to do what is right in the eyes of everybody.
Murray
Esteemed Senior Member

Post by Murray »

I've never convinced a militant atheist of anything
in nomine patri et fili spiritu sancte
Tina
Established Member

Post by Tina »

Murray wrote:I've never convinced a militant atheist of anything
Well, I think the only thing I convinced her of is that Christianity is not what she thought it was............I assume most atheists don't see Christianity for what it actually is....
Tina
Established Member

Post by Tina »

Danieltwotwenty wrote:Good for you Tina, that was some righteous judgement.

Dan
What is that? .....why do people keep making cults T_T
Danieltwotwenty
Ultimate Member

Tina wrote:

Dan

The Westboro "Baptist" Church are a group of hate mongering people, look up their website and you will see what I mean.

Dan
Here is a trustworthy saying that deserves full acceptance: Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners of whom I am the worst. But for that very reason I was shown mercy so that in me, the worst of sinners, Christ Jesus might display his immense patience as an example for those who would believe in him and receive eternal life. Now to the King eternal, immortal, invisible, the only God, be honor and glory for ever and ever.Amen.
Tina
Established Member

Post by Tina »

Danieltwotwenty wrote:
Tina wrote:

Dan

The Westboro "Baptist" Church are a group of hate mongering people, look up their website and you will see what I mean.

Dan
..........I checked it out.....do these people even read the Bible??...............
Danieltwotwenty
Ultimate Member

Tina wrote:
Danieltwotwenty wrote:
Tina wrote:

Dan

Dan
..........I checked it out.....do these people even read the Bible??...............

I watched a doco on them once and when they had a sermon the was not one open Bible to be seen, the sermon was just this crazy guys opinion (rant) and there were no passages cited from the Bible at all.
Tina
Established Member

Post by Tina »

Danieltwotwenty wrote:
Tina wrote:
Danieltwotwenty wrote:
Tina wrote:

Dan

Dan

I watched a doco on them once and when they had a sermon the was not one open Bible to be seen, the sermon was just this crazy guys opinion (rant) and there were no passages cited from the Bible at all.
...............I don't even know what to say...........