Why dinosaurs?

Discussion about scientific issues as they relate to God and Christianity including archaeology, origins of life, the universe, intelligent design, evolution, etc.
Byblos
Old School
Christian: Yes

Re: Why dinosaurs?

Post by Byblos »

wrain62 wrote:Even though it is nice to think of God´s plan in all this, It is still kind of arbitrary. Also, oil is a good explanation, but it comes more from ancient plant life and its existene is not caused by the existence of dinosaurs. The question that I want an answer to is Why is everything so arbitrary. The laws of phyisics, this type of life, huge universe, choosing a Middle East savior over a Chinese or African, or existence itself. Sometimes I wish my mind was not so limited to only think in 3 dimesions of space and one dimension of time. It is better than nothing at all though.
What makes you think it was arbitrary?
Let us proclaim the mystery of our faith: Christ has died, Christ is risen, Christ will come again.

Lord I am not worthy that you should enter under my roof, but only say the word and my soul shall be healed.
wrain62
Valued Member
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Theistic Evolution

Post by wrain62 »

Why do we exist:

Something because of God's plan.

Why does God have a plan at all?

This is what seems arbitrary. It is beyond my understanding. What is the purpose of purpose itself?

I should just keep humility and just accept it lol. :cry:
Romans 12:17 Do not repay anyone evil for evil. Be careful to do what is right in the eyes of everybody.
Byblos
Old School

Post by Byblos »

wrain62 wrote:Why do we exist:

Something because of God's plan.

Why does God have a plan at all?

This is what seems arbitrary. It is beyond my understanding. What is the purpose of purpose itself?

I should just keep humility and just accept it lol. :cry:
The fact that we don't know something or its purpose doesn't mean it's arbitrary. To state that the laws of physics are arbitrary is illogical. Purpose and uniformity are all around us, otherwise no discovery about anything would be possible, including asking the question 'what is the purpose of purpose'.
Let us proclaim the mystery of our faith: Christ has died, Christ is risen, Christ will come again.

Lord I am not worthy that you should enter under my roof, but only say the word and my soul shall be healed.
wrain62
Valued Member

Post by wrain62 »

It seems arbitrary then. I can't even think properly on these dimensionslol.
Romans 12:17 Do not repay anyone evil for evil. Be careful to do what is right in the eyes of everybody.
Calum
Familiar Member

Post by Calum »

PaulSacramento wrote:God destroyed the dinosaurs?
This is news to me, when did this happen?
Here I though that they went extinct because of the meteor theory.
God destroyed the dinosaurs 65 million years ago.
Here I'm seeing God manipulating nature... it was time for the dinosaurs to move out and the mammals to take control. He'd already done this with the therapsids, a group of dinosaur-like reptiles that flourished for tens of millions of years before God decided the dinosaurs would take over.