YEC and Australia

Discussions amongst Christians about life issues, walking with Christ, and general Christian topics that don't fit under any other area.
Tina
Established Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Female
Creation Position: Undecided

Re: YEC and Australia

Post by Tina »

I heard young creationism started from the belief that since Adam and Eve were made in adult form, that everything else was also made in an aged form
"Love others as I have loved you." -Jesus Christ
Kurieuo
Honored Member
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Progressive Creationist

Post by Kurieuo »

YEC is over here in Australia. Many Baptist, AOG and similar generally believe in it, including no death pre-fall. I have even heard of get togethers to burn books of Hugh Ross and books on evolution as I guess as sign of commitment to their faith. However, I have noticed, that you get a mix. And OEC leaders seem sensative to not stomp on the toes of YEC beliefs, although YEC leaders seem to more freely talk without expecting a challenge.

That said, it does seem that YECs in America are more adament and aggressive in teaching. But this could be due to the Schofield Reference Bible, the conflicts that were made so prominent between Creation and Evolution in US education, and it is probably largely a more cultural Christian issue there.
Canuckster1127
Old School
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Theistic Evolution

Post by Canuckster1127 »

Kurieuo wrote:YEC is over here in Australia. Many Baptist, AOG and similar generally believe in it, including no death pre-fall. I have even heard of get togethers to burn books of Hugh Ross and books on evolution as I guess as sign of commitment to their faith. However, I have noticed, that you get a mix. And OEC leaders seem sensative to not stomp on the toes of YEC beliefs, although YEC leaders seem to more freely talk without expecting a challenge.

That said, it does seem that YECs in America are more adament and aggressive in teaching. But this could be due to the Schofield Reference Bible, the conflicts that were made so prominent between Creation and Evolution in US education, and it is probably largely a more cultural Christian issue there.

That's a good point. Scofield for some sectors of Evangelicalism is the equivilent of Scripture. Scofield was one of the first to directly put commentary in a direct Scriptural text. There's a certain religious mindset that can't separate the two.
Dogmatism is the comfortable intellectual framework of self-righteousness. Self-righteousness is more decadent than the worst sexual sin. ~ Dan Allender