dinosaur in the bible

Discussion about scientific issues as they relate to God and Christianity including archaeology, origins of life, the universe, intelligent design, evolution, etc.
goldmoor
Familiar Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Day-Age

dinosaur in the bible

Post by goldmoor »

i really don't believe dinosuar live in the same time humans live ,but when i look at job with the description of the levithan and the behemeth no other animal can come to mind exept dinosuar

what are the levithan and the behemeth exactly
for God has not given us a spirit of fear,but power and of love and of a sound mind 2timonthy1:7

he has given us power to overcome any obstacle,love to endured any and all hardship and a sound mind to solve any problem and have peace inside and out so truly what is it that we should fear
Stu
Esteemed Senior Member
Creation Position: Undecided

Re: dinosaur in the bible

Post by Stu »

goldmoor wrote:i really don't believe dinosuar live in the same time humans live ,but when i look at job with the description of the levithan and the behemeth no other animal can come to mind exept dinosuar

Dinosaurs ;)

As you say, there are no other animals that come even close to the description.
Only when the blood runs and the shackles restrain, will the sheep then awake. When all is lost.
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

Goldmoor, this may help. It shows a few possibilities:http://www.answersincreation.org/job4041a.htm
John 5:24
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

“A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves.”
-Edward R Murrow

St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony
dayage
Valued Member

Post by dayage »

goldmoor,

See my post at the bottom of this page:
http://discussions.godandscience.org/vi ... 594#p88594
Calum
Familiar Member
Creation Position: Theistic Evolution

Post by Calum »

goldmoor wrote:i really don't believe dinosuar live in the same time humans live ,but when i look at job with the description of the levithan and the behemeth no other animal can come to mind exept dinosuar

I think it's possible God might have taken a prehistoric creature from the past and put it in a modern setting so Job could understand its power.
However, a brachiosaurus couldn't hide in the reeds of a river, and they weren't aquatic (water pressure would kill them). Perhaps this 'tail' it speaks of is a euphemism for 'phallus', as it's put in the same context as its 'stones'. I'm not sure if I've worded this appropriately X_X

I think it would make mention of its stupendous neck, too. That's the most obvious part of the sauropods like Apatosaurus or brachiosaurus.

I also have difficulty in envisioning the river Jordan rushing into the puny mouth of any sauropod.

Oh, and something else: sauropods would be too large to rest under the shade of the lotus trees.

Organizations like AiG try to squeeze dinosaurs in the Bible (they have no other choice) but it's forced and unnatural. Behemoth and leviathan are obviously references to Hippos and crocodiles. AiG insists that behemoth is a dinosaur, and as our current understanding of dinosaurs tells us that behemoth was NOT a dinosaur, they have to take on an antique view on dinosaurs, drawing them up to their legs in water. It really is ridiculous.
"But now ask the beasts, and let them teach you; And the birds of the heavens, and let them tell you. "Or speak to the earth, and let it teach you; And let the fish of the sea declare to you.(--Job 12)
(Psalms 111:4, Romans 1:20, Psalms 19:1-4, Psalms 97:6)