Jesus Christ's resurrection

Are you a sincere seeker who has questions about Christianity, or a Christian with doubts about your faith? Post them here to receive a thoughtful response.
Tina
Established Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Female
Creation Position: Undecided

Jesus Christ's resurrection

Post by Tina »

Why did Jesus only appear to his disciples?
"Love others as I have loved you." -Jesus Christ
Byblos
Old School

Re: Jesus Christ's resurrection

Post by Byblos »

Tina wrote:Why did Jesus only appear to his disciples?
He didn't.
Let us proclaim the mystery of our faith: Christ has died, Christ is risen, Christ will come again.

Lord I am not worthy that you should enter under my roof, but only say the word and my soul shall be healed.
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Day-Age

Post by RickD »

Tina, read the book of John, and you'll see your answer.
John 5:24
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

“A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves.”
-Edward R Murrow

St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony
CallMeDave
Valued Member
Creation Position: Young-Earth Creationist

Post by CallMeDave »

Tina wrote:Why did Jesus only appear to his disciples?

After Jesus rose from the dead, he appeared to over 500 local townspeople and his disciples over a long period of 40 days during which time he encouraged people to touch his ressurected physical body, he ate fish on a beach with others, and publicly showed himself to be the same person who was recently slain on the cross. No other Religious Leader has even come close to doing such a thing, let alone saying they were the actual Creator of the Universe ...the giver of Life and conqueror of death. A good book for you to read if you are investigating the Christian Faith for credibility, is the tiny booklet called : More than a Carpenter, by Dr. Josh McDowell available at www.amazon.com . Regards.
"I never asserted such an absurd proposition, that something could arise without a Cause" -- staunch atheist Philosopher David Hume.

"What this world now needs is Christian love or compassion" -- staunch atheist Bertrand Russell.
Tina
Established Member
Sex: Female

Post by Tina »

Thank you ^^
"Love others as I have loved you." -Jesus Christ
Thebelovedsteward
Newbie Member

Post by Thebelovedsteward »

If I show you a miracle you will only be amazed at the tricks of the great magic man. However, if I show you that you are the eternal life flowing forth eternally, filling the soul of Adam, experiencing the essence of this realm of temporariness – That your perception of aging, from childhood to the age of the grave, is really no more than the fulfillment of the nature of the essence of this realm of temporariness, and the true purpose of being, (i.e. to experience, as awareness) – That you truly never really age(d) an instant (since your essence is eternal, being you are the eternal life flowing from all, into all, and filling soul Adam, dwelling in flesh human, for the purpose of experiencing)-That upon the shedding of this flesh you will realize the infiniteness of your eternal youth – You will know that I am, that I was, that I always will be- And your sight; will be uncovered to understand why I told the people not to suffer the little children.
Promise fulfilled!
Silvertusk
Board Moderator

Post by Silvertusk »

Say what???? y:O2
bippy123
Prestigious Senior Member
Creation Position: Day-Age

Post by bippy123 »

Silvertusk wrote:Say what???? y:O2
I second that silver
That actually made my OCD shut down hehe
Byblos
Old School

Post by Byblos »

bippy123 wrote:
Silvertusk wrote:Say what???? y:O2
I second that silver
That actually made my OCD shut down hehe
And mine flare up. 8-}2
Let us proclaim the mystery of our faith: Christ has died, Christ is risen, Christ will come again.

Lord I am not worthy that you should enter under my roof, but only say the word and my soul shall be healed.