Crazy Atheists in Florida

Discussion about scientific issues as they relate to God and Christianity including archaeology, origins of life, the universe, intelligent design, evolution, etc.
MarcusOfLycia
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male

Crazy Atheists in Florida

Post by MarcusOfLycia »

Saw this article today and it made me laugh. Is this for real?

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2012/03/18/fl ... latestnews
-- Josh

“When you see a man with a great deal of religion displayed in his shop window, you may depend upon it, he keeps a very small stock of it within” C.H. Spurgeon

1st Corinthians 1:17- "For Christ did not send me to baptize, but to preach the gospel””not with words of human wisdom, lest the cross of Christ be emptied of its power"
Ivellious
Esteemed Senior Member
Christian: No
Creation Position: I don't believe in creation

Re: Crazy Atheists in Florida

Post by Ivellious »

How....strange? I mean, I don't even really get how that makes sense, or what the point they are trying to make is. I know people like to stereotype the deep south as full of unintelligent religious crazy people...But these people seem to make me think that stereotype should be extended to "totally unintelligent crazy atheists" as well...
Mariolee
Recognized Member

Post by Mariolee »

I suppose I understand that they want to open it up, but I don't believe they thought through this message very thoroughly. Blessing a highway from one religious group doesn't exclusively close that highway to that religious group, but just shows that they care for it. Undoing that just seems to be a bit of an obnoxious thing to do, because instead of saying that Polk County is open to everyone, you're saying Christians better back off.
How do some people mess up a message about "love" and "forgiveness" so much?!
MrRoboto
Acquainted Member
Creation Position: Theistic Evolution

Post by MrRoboto »

From what I read they were doing it because they were "offended" by the blessing. I also saw the term "atheists rights" in the article. I can't believe they are trying to jump on that band wagon. I'm not aware of anyone being forced to not be an atheist.
Dallas
Established Member
Creation Position: Undecided

Post by Dallas »

Not going to lie. I really never heard of people "unblessing" a highway before. It's kinda weird, and unnecessary. Nevertheless, God loves them.
Vigilate super me Dominus

Down the road i'll hit many bumps, but as long as you're driving Lord, i'll be fine.