NBC Show "Awake"

Are you a sincere seeker who has questions about Christianity, or a Christian with doubts about your faith? Post them here to receive a thoughtful response.
ultimate777
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Undecided

NBC Show "Awake"

Post by ultimate777 »

Has anybody seen "Awake?" I think it covers things indirectly relevant to here about faith and hard evidence for and against two contradictory faiths. I hope those who have not seen it will watch it on the NBC website. If anyone strongly cares I would like to discuss it with them. y[-o<
bippy123
Prestigious Senior Member
Creation Position: Day-Age

Re: NBC Show "Awake"

Post by bippy123 »

Ultimate, from the wikipedia preview I think this movie deals with the many worlds theory. This leads to the absurdity of infinite regression. If 2 different parallel worlds exist why not an infinity of them?
Hilberts hotel comes to mind here when I think about this .
ultimate777

Post by ultimate777 »

Bippy, I don't know what you mean by the wikipedia preview. I take it that it is something other the seeing the show. I wish you would at least watch the whole pilot on nbc.com. I imagine if a pagan came here and said he had no intention of reading the Bible because from wikipedia he got the impression it was a lame story about demons and wizards you and I would both be upset ;) I doubt that you would find that "This leads to the absurdity of infinite regression. If 2 different parallel worlds exist why not an infinity of them?" applies here but if you do I would like you to explain to me why you do, after you see the show.
bippy123
Prestigious Senior Member
Creation Position: Day-Age

Post by bippy123 »

ultimate777 wrote:Bippy, I don't know what you mean by the wikipedia preview. I take it that it is something other the seeing the show. I wish you would at least watch the whole pilot on nbc.com. I imagine if a pagan came here and said he had no intention of reading the Bible because from wikipedia he got the impression it was a lame story about demons and wizards you and I would both be upset ;) I doubt that you would find that "This leads to the absurdity of infinite regression. If 2 different parallel worlds exist why not an infinity of them?" applies here but if you do I would like you to explain to me why you do, after you see the show.
That is a good point Ultimate, I will check it out:)
Ivellious
Esteemed Senior Member
Christian: No
Creation Position: I don't believe in creation

Post by Ivellious »

I thought the show was about a guy who goes between his dream life and his real life but doesn't know which is which...
ultimate777

Post by ultimate777 »

Ivellious you are right. He would now have to take it on faith that one or the other is real. Presumably both seem real enough to be real. I have never felt, smelt, or tasted anything in a dream that was not actually in real life happening to me at the time. But maybe that is just me. AFAIAC he has enough evidence in each world to not dismiss it.