Satan?

Are you a sincere seeker who has questions about Christianity, or a Christian with doubts about your faith? Post them here to receive a thoughtful response.
Tina
Established Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Female
Creation Position: Undecided

Satan?

Post by Tina »

I stumbled upon a video on YouTube and a person made a comment on it. They said that they love Jesus Christ and that they love Satan. :? And that they believe in a reconciliation. They said that hell was made up and that roman Catholics didn't believe in it.
I'm thinking this is absolutely ridiculous. I hate Satan.
Thoughts?
"Love others as I have loved you." -Jesus Christ
Canuckster1127
Old School
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Theistic Evolution

Re: Satan?

Post by Canuckster1127 »

Anyone can put a video up on Youtube. Obviously this person is factually mistaken on at least several fronts. The Bible speaks of no such reconciliation between God and Satan, presumably because Satan is in rebellion and desires none. The Catholic Church clearly teaches a belief in Hell. The earliest creeds, Nicene and Apostolic give clear indication of that.

In terms of our attitude toward Satan, he is described as our enemy and one who roams the earth looking for those he can devour. However, even at the angelic realm it speaks of a battle between Michael the arch-angel and Lucifer and in the end, even Michael says, "The Lord rebuke you." Satan has been dealt with at the cross. Jesus is the one who fights those Battles for us. So, maybe it's just me reacting to the word "hate" but I leave Him to God and seek to guard my heart and mind as I can against his wiles.
Dogmatism is the comfortable intellectual framework of self-righteousness. Self-righteousness is more decadent than the worst sexual sin. ~ Dan Allender
Tina
Established Member
Sex: Female
Creation Position: Undecided

Post by Tina »

Canuckster1127 wrote:Anyone can put a video up on Youtube. Obviously this person is factually mistaken on at least several fronts. The Bible speaks of no such reconciliation between God and Satan, presumably because Satan is in rebellion and desires none. The Catholic Church clearly teaches a belief in Hell. The earliest creeds, Nicene and Apostolic give clear indication of that.

In terms of our attitude toward Satan, he is described as our enemy and one who roams the earth looking for those he can devour. However, even at the angelic realm it speaks of a battle between Michael the arch-angel and Lucifer and in the end, even Michael says, "The Lord rebuke you." Satan has been dealt with at the cross. Jesus is the one who fights those Battles for us. So, maybe it's just me reacting to the word "hate" but I leave Him to God and seek to guard my heart and mind as I can against his wiles.
Well said
"Love others as I have loved you." -Jesus Christ
PaulSacramento
Board Moderator
Creation Position: Theistic Evolution

Post by PaulSacramento »

To hate Satan..well, we are to hate (ie" dislike) those that are against God and Christ, those against love, compassion and forgiveness.
So yes, we are to hate Satan as he is our adversary and opposer ( hence the "name" Satan).
Satan has only the power that WE give him and as James said, "resist the devil and he will flee".
IMO I do NOT believe that Satan is God's adversary, he is OURS and while Christ and His Angels wil fight the FINAL battle for Us, it is up to US to fight in the meantime.
CallMeDave
Valued Member
Creation Position: Young-Earth Creationist

Post by CallMeDave »

Tina wrote:I stumbled upon a video on YouTube and a person made a comment on it. They said that they love Jesus Christ and that they love Satan. :? And that they believe in a reconciliation. They said that hell was made up and that roman Catholics didn't believe in it.
I'm thinking this is absolutely ridiculous. I hate Satan.
Thoughts?

You have to be careful these days because there is so much apostasy teachings. The RCC does believe in a literal Hell as do Protestants. In fact if there is no literal Hell, then Jesus was a very big Liar and Deciever plus there would be no ultimate justice for anything a person does in this life . Further, you cant love both Jesus who is God, and Satan at the same time...that is like saying you love good and evil or, that you love a rectangular circle. Always make the Bible your truth source and you will never deviate from the truth because it is the supernatural inspired words of God revealed thru very holy men and women of God . 2 Tim. 3:15-17 . Regards.
"I never asserted such an absurd proposition, that something could arise without a Cause" -- staunch atheist Philosopher David Hume.

"What this world now needs is Christian love or compassion" -- staunch atheist Bertrand Russell.
mandelduke
Recognized Member
Creation Position: Young-Earth Creationist

Post by mandelduke »

PaulSacramento wrote:To hate Satan..well, we are to hate (ie" dislike) those that are against God and Christ, those against love, compassion and forgiveness.
So yes, we are to hate Satan as he is our adversary and opposer ( hence the "name" Satan).
Satan has only the power that WE give him and as James said, "resist the devil and he will flee".
IMO I do NOT believe that Satan is God's adversary, he is OURS and while Christ and His Angels wil fight the FINAL battle for Us, it is up to US to fight in the meantime.
Well put! :amen: