If the 2012 presidential race is between Obama and Romney...

Discussions about politics and goings on around the world. (Please keep discussions civil!)
Philip
Site Owner
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Day-Age

Re: If the 2012 presidential race is between Obama and Romne

Post by Philip »

FYI, I've has less trouble with mosquitos here, than when I lived in Massachusetts.
That's because in TAXachusetts, there's a more relentless pest (politicians)taking a bit out of you. I'm up there a lot, as my wife's family is all across the Northeast.
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

Philip wrote:
FYI, I've has less trouble with mosquitos here, than when I lived in Massachusetts.
That's because in TAXachusetts, there's a more relentless pest (politicians)taking a bit out of you. I'm up there a lot, as my wife's family is all across the Northeast.
Silly me. I thought Massachusetts mosquitos was a plague from God, to punish all the "bleeding heart liberals". y#-o
John 5:24
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

“A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves.”
-Edward R Murrow

St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony
Furstentum Liechtenstein
Ultimate Member
Sex: It's Complicated
Creation Position: Young-Earth Creationist

Post by Furstentum Liechtenstein »

RickD wrote: FL, how can you not lovermont, if you live near Montreal? Ive been there once. It's a barren wasteland. y>:D<
Uh... I'm no real fan of Montreal. I think it is dirty, overrated and full of...aliens. Toronto is even worse.

FL
Hold everything lightly. If you don't, it will hurt when God pries your fingers loose as He takes it from you. -Corrie Ten Boom

+ + +

If they had a social gospel in the days of the prodigal son, somebody would have given him a bed and a sandwich and he never would have gone home.

+ + +
Philip
Site Owner

Post by Philip »

Was in Toronto one summer (late 1980s), hoping to escape the furnace of the Southern summer. Flew up and hit a freak heat wave - hit 100 degrees in Toronto. Those Canadians thought they were dying - actually, I think a few actually WERE. A 100-degree day is just another walk in the park around my neck of the woods. Of course, a lot of people in the far north don't have air conditioning - guess they'd just rather tough out the odd hot day. But on such days, they will sit around inside a house at temperatures that us Southerners wouldn't even think of tolerating. Down here, it might be blazing hot outside, but it's always a chill 72 inside in most houses. I can't sleep in a hot house!

But, getting back to Toronto - for a big city, I thought it looked exceptionally clean.
Gman
Old School

Post by Gman »

I can't effectively support Romney... As I've stated before, I would throw caution to the wind here. This dude is not your normal Mormon. This is a HIGH PRIEST temple Mormon. These types require and desire worship, evolve to a godhead and are given planets under their administration to rule over in their heavenly realms.

Please take the time to study Mormonism and other faiths before blindly subjecting yourselves under them.

Want to know more about Mormonism? Then read the Book of Mormon. Want to know more about Islam? They buy and read a copy of the Koran. Educate yourselves.... PLEASE. :egeek:
The heart cannot rejoice in what the mind rejects as false - Galileo

We learn from history that we do not learn from history - Georg Friedrich Wilhelm Hegel

Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable, if anything is excellent or praiseworthy, think about such things. -Philippians 4:8
Philip
Site Owner

Post by Philip »

Gman, please elaborate: "This is a HIGH PRIEST temple Mormon"
B. W.
Ultimate Member

Post by B. W. »

The USA cannot survive as a people or a nation with four more years of Obama - so what can you do?

Not vote at all, which is a vote for Obama or hide in a cave and watch the country destroyed?

Or vote to perseve the Union despite the person running against Obama and hold that party accountable with the 2 admendment pointed directly at them all.
-
-
-
Science is man's invention - creation is God's
(by B. W. Melvin)

Old Polish Proverb:
Not my Circus....not my monkeys
Jac3510
Ultimate Member
Creation Position: Young-Earth Creationist

Post by Jac3510 »

B. W. wrote:The USA cannot survive as a people or a nation with four more years of Obama - so what can you do?

Not vote at all, which is a vote for Obama or hide in a cave and watch the country destroyed?

Or vote to perseve the Union despite the person running against Obama and hold that party accountable with the 2 admendment pointed directly at them all.
-
-
-
You can vote for Virgil Goode.
Proinsias wrote:I don't think you are hearing me. Preference for ice cream is a moral issue
And that, brothers and sisters, is the kind of foolishness you get people who insist on denying biblical theism. A good illustration of any as the length people will go to avoid acknowledging basic truths.