I'm worried about a friend!!!!

Discussions amongst Christians about life issues, walking with Christ, and general Christian topics that don't fit under any other area.
Dallas
Established Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Undecided

I'm worried about a friend!!!!

Post by Dallas »

I've been talking to someone lately, and they've been going through a hard time. So, through all of this I'm trying to be a light of Christ. Trying to get her to give it up to God. That's not the problem. At the end of the school day, she busted up in tears, and I wanted to talk to her right then and there, and I didn't. I feel so guilty not talking to her. Now, I'm afraid she might Kill herself. I just got home to find out everything was deleted off her Facebook. I'm worried about her so much. What can I do? I don't have her number or anything. I'm so anxious typing this at the moment it's about to break me into tears. I'm asking God for guidance, I just pray it comes quick. Let His will be done though.
Vigilate super me Dominus

Down the road i'll hit many bumps, but as long as you're driving Lord, i'll be fine.
BavarianWheels
Prestigious Senior Member
Creation Position: Day-Age

Re: I'm worried about a friend!!!!

Post by BavarianWheels »

Dallas wrote:I've been talking to someone lately, and they've been going through a hard time. So, through all of this I'm trying to be a light of Christ. Trying to get her to give it up to God. That's not the problem. At the end of the school day, she busted up in tears, and I wanted to talk to her right then and there, and I didn't. I feel so guilty not talking to her. Now, I'm afraid she might Kill herself. I just got home to find out everything was deleted off her Facebook. I'm worried about her so much. What can I do? I don't have her number or anything. I'm so anxious typing this at the moment it's about to break me into tears. I'm asking God for guidance, I just pray it comes quick. Let His will be done though.
His will, will be done. Prayer may be your only hope at this point if you can't otherwise communicate with your friend. Take comfort in God knowing and working for the good...
Dallas
Established Member

Post by Dallas »

I might be exaggerating a little too much. I just don't want her to be upset anymore. We were going to start reading the Gospels tomorrow, but I don't know now. I plan to set her down tomorrow and talk to her. I'm praying she'll be there tomorrow, Lord Willing.

Down the road i'll hit many bumps, but as long as you're driving Lord, i'll be fine.
Dallas
Established Member

Post by Dallas »

Turns out my worst case scenario didn't come true. I need to work on my "What ifs?" Well, I guess this thread can be locked now, but I don't know. Uh... Thank you?

Reactionary
Creation Position: Day-Age

Post by Reactionary »

Dallas wrote:I just don't want her to be upset anymore.
Female, huh? So, she's not the one you used to like not long ago? 8) Well done then, Dallas, you're making progress... if you know what I mean. y:D
"Do not give dogs what is sacred; do not throw your pearls to pigs. If you do, they may trample them under their feet, and then turn and tear you to pieces." Matthew 7:6

"For his invisible attributes, namely, his eternal power and divine nature, have been clearly perceived, ever since the creation of the world, in the things that have been made. So they are without excuse." Romans 1:20

--Reactionary
Dallas
Established Member

Post by Dallas »

Reactionary wrote:
Dallas wrote:I just don't want her to be upset anymore.
Female, huh? So, she's not the one you used to like not long ago? 8) Well done then, Dallas, you're making progress... if you know what I mean. y:D
Just a friend :). I over emphasied my fear though. Sorry about that.

CallMeDave
Valued Member
Creation Position: Young-Earth Creationist

Post by CallMeDave »

Dallas wrote:I've been talking to someone lately, and they've been going through a hard time. So, through all of this I'm trying to be a light of Christ. Trying to get her to give it up to God. That's not the problem. At the end of the school day, she busted up in tears, and I wanted to talk to her right then and there, and I didn't. I feel so guilty not talking to her. Now, I'm afraid she might Kill herself. I just got home to find out everything was deleted off her Facebook. I'm worried about her so much. What can I do? I don't have her number or anything. I'm so anxious typing this at the moment it's about to break me into tears. I'm asking God for guidance, I just pray it comes quick. Let His will be done though.

All you can do is be a friend to this gal. Keep close to her and be there in case she wants to open up and talk about her pain with you. Move in the power of God and not your own . Let the Holy Spirit guide you on what to say..no need to try and force a conversation . No need to feel wrongful guilt over this either. Thats Satans ploy to get you to keep away from her by making you feel inadequate . Plan of spending time in her company so you can be available in case she is ready to talk it out. God will bless you for being a friend in concern.
"I never asserted such an absurd proposition, that something could arise without a Cause" -- staunch atheist Philosopher David Hume.

"What this world now needs is Christian love or compassion" -- staunch atheist Bertrand Russell.
PaulSacramento
Board Moderator
Creation Position: Theistic Evolution

Post by PaulSacramento »

"God's will be done"..."God willing"...
Maybe God's will is for YOU to do something, eh?
Maybe the fact that you feel YOU need to do something is what "God is willing".
If I had a buck for every time I have heard a "God's will" as an excuse for doing nothing...