Beyond the Cosmos review

Discussion about scientific issues as they relate to God and Christianity including archaeology, origins of life, the universe, intelligent design, evolution, etc.
joelhamme
Newbie Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Framework

Beyond the Cosmos review

Post by joelhamme »

Hi all,

I am not a scientist, but a Biblical scholar and Ancient Near Eastern Linguist, therefore have some problems evaluating Hugh Ross' work. Do any of you know some review of his book Beyond the Cosmos that is not written by a Dawkins devotee, or someone that basically gushes over Hugh Ross? I have read some of the book, some of it I think is good, some of it I cannot judge due to lack of background knowledge, and some I think is problematic. I need a review from a scientist.
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Day-Age

Re: Beyond the Cosmos review

Post by RickD »

Joelhamme, if you want a positive review, here's a brief review by this sites owner, Rich Deem:http://www.godandscience.org/doctrine/b ... osmos.html

If you're looking for a negative review about anything Hugh Ross wrote, go to AnswersinGenesis.org, and search for Hugh Ross. He's one of their favorite whipping boys.

Just do a google search for "Beyond the Cosmos review", and you'll get a lot of hits. Just make sure you read the book yourself, Because some reviewers tend to review other people's reviews, not the book itself.
I'd give you a review myself, but I didn't read that particular book. And anyways, I'm not a scientist, and you'd probably think I was one of those Hugh Ross "gushers". :lol:
Or, you could always try the reviews at Amazon.
John 5:24
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

“A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves.”
-Edward R Murrow

St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony