Serving God via the Internet

Are you a sincere seeker who has questions about Christianity, or a Christian with doubts about your faith? Post them here to receive a thoughtful response.
Seraph
Christian: No
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Theistic Evolution

Serving God via the Internet

Post by Seraph »

When one thinks of serving God, they probably tend to think of going out there, getting our hands dirty, and getting real with people face to face. But do you think people can also do God's work through the internet? Such as, could God be using us when we post on this very website? :)
I am committed to belief in God, as the most morally demanding, psychologically enriching, intellectually satisfying and imaginatively fruitful hypothesis about the ultimate nature of reality known to me - Keith Ward
Furstentum Liechtenstein
Ultimate Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: It's Complicated
Creation Position: Young-Earth Creationist

Re: Serving God via the Internet

Post by Furstentum Liechtenstein »

Seraph wrote: could God be using us when we post on this very website?
Why not? There are seekers/pagans/atheists who come here looking for...something. God alone knows which ones will end up genuine Christians later on. Every post may be used by Him.

FL
Hold everything lightly. If you don't, it will hurt when God pries your fingers loose as He takes it from you. -Corrie Ten Boom

+ + +

If they had a social gospel in the days of the prodigal son, somebody would have given him a bed and a sandwich and he never would have gone home.

+ + +
1over137
Technical Admin
Sex: Female
Creation Position: Undecided

Post by 1over137 »

Seraph wrote:When one thinks of serving God, they probably tend to think of going out there, getting our hands dirty, and getting real with people face to face. But do you think people can also do God's work through the internet?
Yes, I do. I myself try to start similar forum as this one but in Slovak. So far, there is only small number of posts written by me. What I learn here may then appear on my forum.
But examine everything carefully; hold fast to that which is good.
-- 1 Thessalonians 5:21

For I am confident of this very thing, that He who began a good work in you will perfect it until the day of Christ Jesus.
-- Philippians 1:6

#foreverinmyheart
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member
Creation Position: Day-Age

Post by RickD »

Seraph wrote:When one thinks of serving God, they probably tend to think of going out there, getting our hands dirty, and getting real with people face to face. But do you think people can also do God's work through the internet? Such as, could God be using us when we post on this very website? :)
God uses each of us, in whatever circumstance he puts us. Including the internet. Actually, what's a better way for the gospel to reach the ends of the earth, than the internet?
John 5:24
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

“A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves.”
-Edward R Murrow

St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony
PaulSacramento
Board Moderator
Creation Position: Theistic Evolution

Post by PaulSacramento »

If the internet can be used to go against God, as it so often is, then it can be used to preach for God.
Echoside
Valued Member
Creation Position: Undecided

Post by Echoside »

Seraph wrote: Such as, could God be using us when we post on this very website? :)
I can attest to this, I found this forum and resources linked by it very useful.
mandelduke
Recognized Member
Creation Position: Young-Earth Creationist

Post by mandelduke »

I think the internet will reach more people then television.