Christians and the Media

Are you a sincere seeker who has questions about Christianity, or a Christian with doubts about your faith? Post them here to receive a thoughtful response.
Tpatt17
Acquainted Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Young-Earth Creationist

Christians and the Media

Post by Tpatt17 »

The media is all about reporting stories to sell, and the topic of Christanity is one of the big ones. It seems new finds, or theories are constantly trying to disprove Christanity. Stories by archeologists or Scientists who let in more biase than fact, seem to be big for skeptics. It is important to evaluate to see how much biase is in the story, whether or not there are any facts, or just theories. Easter is the favorite time of year for these stories, since there is always something new that will "shake" a Christians faith. For new Christians some of these headlines may seem impressive, since they are by people, who have PhDs, or high ranking positions in their fields, but the only thing that matters is whether or not the facts back the story. Researching yourself is also important, may helpful Apologetic websites are online, and "Evidence for God and Science" has many articles that are very helpful. It is important to research everything about your faith, so that none of these media headlines, books or shows can distort Christanity. So far none of these stories have in anyway disproven Christanity, these are one view of the evidence and the view of maybe one person, or a group or people. People have been trying to disprove Christanity since Jesus' time, and no argument has been able to, or will be able to.
Danieltwotwenty
Ultimate Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Theistic Evolution

Re: Christians and the Media

Post by Danieltwotwenty »

:amen:
1Tim1:15-17
Here is a trustworthy saying that deserves full acceptance: Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners of whom I am the worst. But for that very reason I was shown mercy so that in me, the worst of sinners, Christ Jesus might display his immense patience as an example for those who would believe in him and receive eternal life. Now to the King eternal, immortal, invisible, the only God, be honor and glory for ever and ever.Amen.