All the creatures of the sea; Global flood.

Discussion about scientific issues as they relate to God and Christianity including archaeology, origins of life, the universe, intelligent design, evolution, etc.
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Day-Age

Re: All the creatures of the sea; Global flood.

Post by RickD »

Danieltwotwenty wrote:Fine I will do it tonight seeing I have a bye for basketball, I will keep you posted.

If any Y.E.C's have a rebuttal please feel free to post.

Dan
There's basketball in Australia? I thought it was called "netball". :mrgreen:
John 5:24
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

“A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves.”
-Edward R Murrow

St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony
Danieltwotwenty
Ultimate Member
Creation Position: Theistic Evolution

Post by Danieltwotwenty »

RickD wrote:
Danieltwotwenty wrote:Fine I will do it tonight seeing I have a bye for basketball, I will keep you posted.

Dan
Maybe you like to wear skirts but not me. ;)
1Tim1:15-17
Here is a trustworthy saying that deserves full acceptance: Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners of whom I am the worst. But for that very reason I was shown mercy so that in me, the worst of sinners, Christ Jesus might display his immense patience as an example for those who would believe in him and receive eternal life. Now to the King eternal, immortal, invisible, the only God, be honor and glory for ever and ever.Amen.
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

Danieltwotwenty wrote:
RickD wrote:

Dan
I'm Scottish. They're kilts, not skirts.
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

-Edward R Murrow

Danieltwotwenty
Ultimate Member

RickD wrote:
Danieltwotwenty wrote:
RickD wrote:

Dan
I'm Scottish. They're kilts, not skirts.
Don't forget your sporin laddy.
Here is a trustworthy saying that deserves full acceptance: Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners of whom I am the worst. But for that very reason I was shown mercy so that in me, the worst of sinners, Christ Jesus might display his immense patience as an example for those who would believe in him and receive eternal life. Now to the King eternal, immortal, invisible, the only God, be honor and glory for ever and ever.Amen.
Danieltwotwenty
Ultimate Member

Ok so I went to AIG website and could not locate an email address to pose my question, it seem they have not aptly named their site because they do not have an answer to my question and they have no means other than snail mail to pose it.

Unless someone else has a contact email for them.

Dan
Calum
Familiar Member

Post by Calum »

Dan
I think the YEC view on that issue is that only nephesh (soulish) animals were killed in the Flood, so insects, amphibians, and fish - which aren't nephesh - survived.
"But now ask the beasts, and let them teach you; And the birds of the heavens, and let them tell you. "Or speak to the earth, and let it teach you; And let the fish of the sea declare to you.(--Job 12)
(Psalms 111:4, Romans 1:20, Psalms 19:1-4, Psalms 97:6)
Danieltwotwenty
Ultimate Member

Calum wrote:

Dan
I think the YEC view on that issue is that only nephesh (soulish) animals were killed in the Flood, so insects, amphibians, and fish - which aren't nephesh - survived.

What about dolphins & wales etc.... they have a high intelligence.

In the case of dolphins they think it is greater than dogs, surely theses creatures would be soulish creatures.

Anway the text says anything that had the breath of life, not all sea creatures breathe the way we do but they still breathe.

*EDIT* If God only planned to kill only soulish creatures how many creatures at the time were soulish, did the ark need to be so big (according to Y.E.C. cubit interpretation) as I could not imagine there being many soulish creatures. Was a small bird soulish and if it was why couldn't an octopuss be soulish, as they seems to be more intelligent that a small bird like a dove?

Dan
Last edited by Danieltwotwenty on Fri May 25, 2012 4:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

Danieltwotwenty wrote:
Calum wrote:

Dan

What about dolphins & wales etc.... they have a high intelligence.

In the case of dolphins they think it is greater than dogs, surely theses creatures would be soulish creatures.

Anway the text says anything that had the breath of life, not all sea creatures breathe the way we do but they still breathe.

Dan
Dan, Wales is a country. I don't think it would have survived a global flood. :pound:

-Edward R Murrow