666 is God's number to all of us

General discussions about Christianity including salvation, heaven and hell, Christian history and so on.
TGGIL
Familiar Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Young-Earth Creationist

666 is God's number to all of us

Post by TGGIL »

Why does the number 666 have to be the Devil, Darkness, Evil and of Sin.
Let there be light, God's light to the meaning of this wise but simple explanation of the number. God confuses the wisest with common sense.
The meaning of 666 in my view:
The bible states that every one of us will be marked with this number in or on our foreheads. I take that as we are all marked with this number in our minds, not a physical number mark stamped on our head.
God has taken a mass of nothing and created this World and Universe in 6 days. (Bare with we here and use 6- 24 hour days for this simple reasoning)
He took darkness and gave it light. Than he marked a day and night with the Sun and the Moon. He created the waters and the Land, valleys and mountains, male and female of every species included Human Man and Woman. After all this creation in 6 days marked with 6 Sun shines and 6 moon shines, he rested on the seventh day.
That’s our Mark given to everyone born in this world. God is telling us that from the moment you breathe life he is going to mark us in our foreheads the numbers 666. We all have this mark. The moment we breathe life is also the moment we start to Die. Dust we are formed and dust we shall return.
Our mark in life is 666 to everyone. God created this world that is to be our Heaven to dwell on in 6 days. He tells us that we must work all our lives to make a living and he created the Sun to light the Day and the Moon to light the night. He marked one sun and one moon cycle as one Day. God give us 6 days to do what we must to make it in this world with God our Father, We his Children. Whether we complete our daily task in the day time or the night time, we must work, struggle, survive each day with God wanting to guide and direct our path if we place our faith in him. He rested on the seventh day to end his perfect creation and it was all good to him and he was pleased.
He wants us to rest as well by honoring him and giving thanks for all our fruits. One day of rest to honor God and enjoy the fruits of our labor and be pleased.
This is our mark, 666, the mark of Life and the Beast. The mark of life is upon us at the time of birth. God gives us 6 Days with 6 Suns and 6 Moons to do what we need to do to survive. The Beast of this 666 mark is the daily challenges we must face with the known sin of this world against us and still we need to overcome these daily struggles and it is a beast to fight. Heaven is here on earth, God created this world for us, but Sin is also here and we have to have God our Father guide us and ask God to keep Jesus Christ in our hearts for Jesus was the son child of God and we ask that too of God, to become the child and help us overcome the sin of this world and live in Gods Heaven to which is here on Earth. God promises a new heaven without the Sin and whether it’s this Earth we now know converted or some place with golden roads and pearl gates with singing Angels.
What I do know today and everyday after is I need to make this world my Heaven until I die. I need to live in the hand of God and only God will make my Life, Heaven or Hell.
Furstentum Liechtenstein
Ultimate Member
Sex: It's Complicated

Re: 666 is God's number to all of us

Post by Furstentum Liechtenstein »

If I live in a house with civic number 666, does this make me a bad person?

Help me, please. I don't know what to do.

FL
Hold everything lightly. If you don't, it will hurt when God pries your fingers loose as He takes it from you. -Corrie Ten Boom

+ + +

If they had a social gospel in the days of the prodigal son, somebody would have given him a bed and a sandwich and he never would have gone home.

+ + +
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member
Creation Position: Day-Age

Post by RickD »

Furstentum Liechtenstein wrote:If I live in a house with civic number 666, does this make me a bad person?

Help me, please. I don't know what to do.

FL
Don't panic, FL. It's not the end of the world. You think you have problems? I was flying in my Cessna, the other day. I was playing Sudoku, and lost track of where I was. I almost flew right off the edge of the earth! I haven't been that scared since last summer, when the black helicopters kept flying over my house. I stayed in my underground bunker for nearly a month.
John 5:24
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

“A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves.”
-Edward R Murrow

St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony
Furstentum Liechtenstein
Ultimate Member
Sex: It's Complicated

Post by Furstentum Liechtenstein »

RickD wrote:I was flying in my Cessna, the other day. I was playing Sudoku, and lost track of where I was.
I'm going flying today! In a friend's C182.
RickD wrote: I almost flew right off the edge of the earth!
You worried for nothing! The edge of the earth is very far away from Florida; actually, it is in Antarctica.
RickD wrote: haven't been that scared since last summer, when the black helicopters kept flying over my house. I stayed in my underground bunker for nearly a month.

Underground bunker? By law, Swiss homes must have nuclear shelters. I guess CIA operatives in Florida get special protection...

FL
Hold everything lightly. If you don't, it will hurt when God pries your fingers loose as He takes it from you. -Corrie Ten Boom

+ + +

If they had a social gospel in the days of the prodigal son, somebody would have given him a bed and a sandwich and he never would have gone home.

+ + +
Tina
Established Member
Sex: Female
Creation Position: Undecided

Post by Tina »

TGGIL wrote:Why does the number 666 have to be the Devil, Darkness, Evil and of Sin.
Let there be light, God's light to the meaning of this wise but simple explanation of the number. God confuses the wisest with common sense.
The meaning of 666 in my view:
The bible states that every one of us will be marked with this number in or on our foreheads. I take that as we are all marked with this number in our minds, not a physical number mark stamped on our head.
God has taken a mass of nothing and created this World and Universe in 6 days. (Bare with we here and use 6- 24 hour days for this simple reasoning)
He took darkness and gave it light. Than he marked a day and night with the Sun and the Moon. He created the waters and the Land, valleys and mountains, male and female of every species included Human Man and Woman. After all this creation in 6 days marked with 6 Sun shines and 6 moon shines, he rested on the seventh day.
That’s our Mark given to everyone born in this world. God is telling us that from the moment you breathe life he is going to mark us in our foreheads the numbers 666. We all have this mark. The moment we breathe life is also the moment we start to Die. Dust we are formed and dust we shall return.
Our mark in life is 666 to everyone. God created this world that is to be our Heaven to dwell on in 6 days. He tells us that we must work all our lives to make a living and he created the Sun to light the Day and the Moon to light the night. He marked one sun and one moon cycle as one Day. God give us 6 days to do what we must to make it in this world with God our Father, We his Children. Whether we complete our daily task in the day time or the night time, we must work, struggle, survive each day with God wanting to guide and direct our path if we place our faith in him. He rested on the seventh day to end his perfect creation and it was all good to him and he was pleased.
He wants us to rest as well by honoring him and giving thanks for all our fruits. One day of rest to honor God and enjoy the fruits of our labor and be pleased.
This is our mark, 666, the mark of Life and the Beast. The mark of life is upon us at the time of birth. God gives us 6 Days with 6 Suns and 6 Moons to do what we need to do to survive. The Beast of this 666 mark is the daily challenges we must face with the known sin of this world against us and still we need to overcome these daily struggles and it is a beast to fight. Heaven is here on earth, God created this world for us, but Sin is also here and we have to have God our Father guide us and ask God to keep Jesus Christ in our hearts for Jesus was the son child of God and we ask that too of God, to become the child and help us overcome the sin of this world and live in Gods Heaven to which is here on Earth. God promises a new heaven without the Sin and whether it’s this Earth we now know converted or some place with golden roads and pearl gates with singing Angels.
What I do know today and everyday after is I need to make this world my Heaven until I die. I need to live in the hand of God and only God will make my Life, Heaven or Hell.
Don't you think if we were marked with this at birth, the Bible would say so? And if Heaven is here on Earth, where do we go after we die? And where in the Bible does it ever talk about that number in a GOOD way?
"Love others as I have loved you." -Jesus Christ
TGGIL
Familiar Member

Post by TGGIL »

The Bible as I see it only gives us enough to have these kind of discussions. In Genesis (alpha) talks of the number 6 (days) having marked those days with the Sun to light the day and the moon to light the night. That's why I reason with simple understanding that 666 is God's number for all of us. The bible hasn't given us answers to every question we have but only enough to dwell on and have different opinions.That's all we have to live by. The earth was created for you and I (Man and woman) to dwell on. We are promised a Heaven and since we haven't seen this Heaven and only read about it, all we have is this earth to live on until that better place comes. We should not worry so much where we will go when we die, that is too much to think about. Worry instead that you take care of yourself in God's hands using those 6 days he created for you on this perfect earth, than when the end of this world comes, you will be taken to that place called Heaven or simply this same earth may return to that Garden of Eden transformed into something beyond our imagination. We can only have faith of a better place promised called heaven. My reason for this discussion was to enlighten the few that God did not create evil but does counter all darkness with Light for the light will always overcome the dark. In the book of revelation (omega), some (not I) think of this book as our end of life yet to come and the devil to roam the earth destroying life. I look at the bible as a whole life teaching book to be used in your present day (6 days of life). Please have rest on the seventh with your family, friends and give God his deserved recognition. You have to face each day with enough sin around you from disease, murder, and simple temptations that can and will take you away from God like a thief in the night. Use the book of revelations for God's explanation not ONLY what is yet to come, but also what is and what already has happened. In the beginning God created everything in 6 days and told man and woman to look up in the sky and see that 6 times the sun will shine in the daytime and 6 times the moon will light the nighttime. Now go forth and live abundantly and multiple the earth for I am your Father and anything you ask of your father I shall give to you. When the seventh sun and seventh moon shall shine, rest your body as I have rested and know that all is perfect and well.
My children this is all you have 6 days with 6 suns and 6 moons to roam about this earth so do well and keep me in your hearts at all times. From dust I have made you and dust you shall return. This my friend is for you and I. Don't worry about the Mark of the beast (the temptations you will encounter in your 6 days). Don't worry about the future of this Earth or Universe, think of today and if you wake up tomorrow, look up and smile. 666 is God's number to all of us, we need no other number or worry where we will die or when we will die or how we will die, and not to worry where heaven is when we die, take care of yourself daily with god in your heart, he will take care of the rest.
Last edited by TGGIL on Sun Apr 15, 2012 10:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
Tina
Established Member
Sex: Female
Creation Position: Undecided

Post by Tina »

TGGIL wrote:The Bible as I see it only gives us enough to have these kind of discussions. In Genesis (alpha) talks of the number 6 (days) having marked those days with the Sun to light the day and the moon to light the night. That's why I reason with simple understanding that 666 is God's number for all of us. The bible hasn't given us answers to every question we have but only enough to dwell on and have different opinions.That's all we have to live by. The earth was created for you and I (Man and woman) to dwell on. We are promised a Heaven and since we haven't seen this Heaven and only read about it, all we have is this earth to live on until that better place comes. We should not worry so much where we will go when we die, that is too much to think about. Worry instead that you take care of yourself in God's hands using those 6 days he created for you on this perfect earth, than when the end of this world comes, you will be taken to that place called Heaven or simply this same earth may return to that Garden of Eden transformed into something beyond our imagination. We can only have faith of a better place promised called heaven. My reason for this discussion was to enlighten the few that God did not create evil but does counter all darkness with Light for the light will always overcome the dark. In the book of revelation (omega), some (not I) think of this book as our end of life yet to come and the devil to roam the earth destroying life. I look at the bible as a whole life teaching book to be used in your present day (6 days of life). Please have rest on the seventh with your family, friends and give God his deserved recognition. You have to face each day with enough sin around you from disease, murder, and simple temptations that can and will take you away from God like a thief in the night. Use the book of revelations for God's explanation not ONLY what is yet to come, but also what is and what already has happened. In the beginning God created everything in 6 days and told man and woman to look up in the sky and see that 6 times the sun will shine in the daytime and 6 times the moon will light the nighttime. Now go forth and live abundantly and multiple the earth for I am your Father and anything you ask of your father I shall give to you. When the seventh sun and seventh moon shall shine, rest your body as I have rested and know that all is prefect and well.
My children this is all you have 6 days with 6 suns and 6 moons to roam about this earth so do well and keep me in your hearts at all times. From dust I have made you and dust you shall return. This my friend is for you and I. Don't worry about the Mark of the beast (the temptations you will encounter in your 6 days). Don't worry about the future of this Earth or Universe, think of today and if you wake up tomorrow, look up and smile. 666 is God's number to all of us, we need no other number or worry where we will die or when we will die or how we will die, and not to worry where heaven is when we die, take care of yourself daily with god in your heart, he will take care of the rest.
The number 7 is used way more obviously than the number six.
"Love others as I have loved you." -Jesus Christ
TGGIL
Familiar Member

Post by TGGIL »

Hello Tina,
I'm not into numbers to bring me any closer to God. Seven being a day of our week start or end, makes no difference. Seven times seventy to forgive. Forty days and nights. What does this all mean? If I studied more I may come up with answers. Will I get closer to God? Maybe I will, because I get a clearer understanding of my daily life existence. Will it bond my position in Heaven even greater because I understand what all these numbers mean? I don't know if I can get any closer to heaven or God by studying numbers or science. What do we know we have? 7 days a week to be with God. Thank you. TGGIL
Philip
Site Owner

Post by Philip »

In his book, "The Case for the Real Jesus," Lee Strobel interviewed Daniel B. Wallace, PhD, a professor at Dallas Theological Seminary and one of the world's leading scholars in ancient Greek and textual criticism, about Revelation 13:18's reference to the Mark of the Beast as being "666." Wallace stated that one New Testament manuscript from the fifth century states that the number is actually "616." Further, he stated that in the early 2000s, at Oxford, they found and even earlier version of Revelation 13 (actually, THE earliest of chapter 13) than that one - this one from the third century - and it also states that the Mark of the Beast is "616." And Wallace examined that oldest manuscript himself, and under a microscope, to be sure.

Perhaps "616" doesn't seem quite as symmetrically theatrical, and that a whole lot of convicts and tough guys with tacky skin art had the wrong number tattooed. But these very old NT manuscripts are especially intriguing, and it's easy to see how "666" could be the result of a simple, one-digit-wrong copyist error. Hmmm? Could be.(?)
Philip
Site Owner

Post by Philip »

Has anyone else seen references to the number "616" found in Revelation 13? I find it fascinating that the two oldest versions of Revelation 13 record this number - as opposed to the traditional "666."
TGGIL
Familiar Member

Post by TGGIL »

Think of it this way: God promises you will never face more than you can handle in a day. That's 1 day.
He's giving us 6 days to make a living under God.
God rested a Day and so should we. God liked what he created "You and I" and so should we.
Where is the beast and how are we all marked?
That beast is our Free Will choice to Sin against God. The beast within. Not some imaginary Creature. You will destroy yourself without God.
We are all marked with this Beast in our Forehead (Our Mind) and our Hands (Our deeds).
6 days to create (Live) your life, 1 day to rest with God, 6 days to face and confront the beast.
God has your back and will be there everyday if you let him control your life. Where's the Beast? Not in your life! Amen!