Homosexual marriage as of now

Discussion for Christian perspectives on ethical issues such as abortion, euthanasia, sexuality, and so forth.
ochotseat

Post by ochotseat »

bizzt wrote: There is opposition but Alberta is the Only Province that does not recognize nor gives Marriage Certificates. I hope Canada is not trying to emulate the Netherlands! I wish they would Emulate the Australians and have a little backbone against these types of Marriages!
Or you can emulate the most conservative Western country (hint: we're your neighbors to the south). :wink:
bizzt
Prestigious Senior Member
Christian: No

Post by bizzt »

ochotseat wrote:
bizzt wrote: There is opposition but Alberta is the Only Province that does not recognize nor gives Marriage Certificates. I hope Canada is not trying to emulate the Netherlands! I wish they would Emulate the Australians and have a little backbone against these types of Marriages!
Or you can emulate the most conservative Western country (hint: we're your neighbors to the south). :wink:
True but you do not have any Legislation for this and soon will probably be in the same predicament as Canada. Australia has already approved Legislation for it and it was passed by the Government to affirm that Marriage is between Man and Woman!
Prodigal Son

Post by Prodigal Son »

something with more rights than a civil union. i don't think living together is enough.
New Creation
2 Corinthians 5:7
ochotseat

Post by ochotseat »

bizzt wrote: True but you do not have any Legislation for this and soon will probably be in the same predicament as Canada. Australia has already approved Legislation for it and it was passed by the Government to affirm that Marriage is between Man and Woman!
But Australia may allow civil unions. In fact, some of their politicians are arguing for it.

In the U.S., several states have already defined marriage as between a man and a woman. More are on their way, including President Bush's constitutional amendment to define marriage as being between a man and a woman only.

Australia doesn't even have the death penalty anymore. :)
ochotseat

Post by ochotseat »

Prodigal Son wrote:something with more rights than a civil union. i don't think living together is enough.
And you call yourself a conservative?
Prodigal Son

Post by Prodigal Son »

i've never called myself conservative. you must have me confused with someone else.
New Creation
ochotseat

Post by ochotseat »

Prodigal Son wrote:i've never called myself conservative. you must have me confused with someone else.
Oh that explains it.

Some crimes waive your right for a second chance in society as they should.

I don't see how you don't cringe at the thought of homosexuals getting married.
bizzt

Post by bizzt »

Prodigal Son wrote:i've never called myself conservative. you must have me confused with someone else.
Maybe Colors :wink: :lol:
bizzt

Post by bizzt »

There are so many Homosexual Threads :?
Here is a Website for that Australia Government thing making Marriage between Man and Woman to the Exclusion of all others.

http://www.cdp.org.au/fed/xbcomm/040822.asp
Prodigal Son

Post by Prodigal Son »

bizzt,

colors didn't call himself conservative either :D .
New Creation
Prodigal Son

Post by Prodigal Son »

ochotseat:
some crimes waive your right for a second chance in society as they should.

have we been talking aobut crime all this time? i thought this conversation was on homosexuality.
i don't see how you don't cringe at the thought of homosexuals getting married.
i'm so glad i don't. i can't wait for the day when they can.
New Creation
bizzt

Post by bizzt »

Prodigal Son wrote:
i'm so glad i don't. i can't wait for the day when they can.
Prodigal where in the Bible does it say that God allowed Homosexuals to Marry? Why should a Marriage (God Ordained) be given to Homosexuals?
Prodigal Son

Post by Prodigal Son »

bizzt,

i don't think it says it anywhere...but, i never said it did. i think they should be allowed some type of legal union, similar to marriage (not marriage). but, if they are allowed to marry, i will probably rejoice along with them. God will take care of me if i'm wrong.
New Creation
ochotseat

Post by ochotseat »

Prodigal Son wrote: have we been talking aobut crime all this time? i thought this conversation was on homosexuality..
You said everyone deserves a second chance. I'm telling you that not everyone does. How'd you get out of the big house for battery anyway?
bizzt wrote:
Prodigal Son wrote: i'm so glad i don't. i can't wait for the day when they can.
Prodigal where in the Bible does it say that God allowed Homosexuals to Marry? Why should a Marriage (God Ordained) be given to Homosexuals?
Because he's a liberal.
Prodigal Son

Post by Prodigal Son »

ochotseat,

you know what, dude. you need to stop labeling people. one day, you're going to get your a** kicked for that.

and, yes, EVERYONE deserves a second chance.

and this is really going to piss you off...i've never served any time for any of the horrible things i've done...not one day ever. i've never gotten caught. i've thought about turning myself in, but people like you change my mind. i never had a chance in h*ll to be a good person. never. Jesus has given me that second chance and i'm taking it. but you don't need to keep reminding me of what i used to be, i think about it everyday.
New Creation