Soul before birth and after death

Discussion about scientific issues as they relate to God and Christianity including archaeology, origins of life, the universe, intelligent design, evolution, etc.
Stone
Acquainted Member
Christian: Yes

Soul before birth and after death

Post by Stone »

I believe that Soul exits before birth and after death (or say, life before birth and after death). Some people can Out of Body (OBE) (I perhaps got out of my body one time and I maybe know when soul get into a body before being given out)

What do you think a bout it? Thanks for your opinions.
Katabole
Valued Member
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Gap Theory

Re: Soul before birth and after death

Post by Katabole »

Hi Stone.

Well, I am a ruin/reconstruction more popularly called gap creationist. Part of this OEC creation position does include the existence of the soul in the first heaven and earth age (eon of time). Due to Lucifer's rebellion in that age, (Rev 12:3-4) when he deceived a third of the souls God created, God ended that age, (2Pet 3:5-6); (Jer 4:23-26) and a new age began with heaven being separated from the earth. I would simplify it this way:

All souls were created by God.
All souls were with God.
All souls came from God.
And when these flesh bodies die, all souls return to God.

I am not sure about OBE because they are subjective in nature but I do think it points towards there being something other than pure naturalism.

Hope that helps.
There are two types of people in our world: those who believe in Christ and those who will.

If Christianity is a man-made religion, then why is its doctrine vehemently against all of man's desires?

Every one that is of the truth hears my voice. Jesus from John 18:37
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member
Creation Position: Day-Age

Post by RickD »

Just for reference, for those not familiar with the gap theory that Katabole is referring to, here's an article by Hugh Ross:http://www.tedmontgomery.com/bblovrvw/C ... heory.html
John 5:24
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

“A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves.”
-Edward R Murrow

St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony
KBCid
Creation Position: Undecided

Post by KBCid »

Katabole wrote:Well, I am a ruin/reconstruction more popularly called gap creationist.
The most major problem with the theory of a gap occuring is that one must be able to prove that a gap occured. The gap that is asserted to have occured was supposed to happen between Gen 1:1 and 1:2. The problem here is that in order for an action performed in verse 1 to be followed by a gap (in time) and then action in verse 2 requires the use of a waw consecutive at the beginning of verse 2 which is the only way that ancient hebrew shows temporal (time) movement or actions occuring in a sequential order in time. In fact, verse 2 begins with a waw disjunctive which prevents it from being considered an action occuring subsequent in time to verse 1. So no one can assert a gap in a temporal movement where one cannot show a temporal movement occuring to begin with.
It is as if some Christians sit there and wait for the smallest thing that they can dispute and then jump onto it...
The Bible says that we were each given an interpretation – this gift of interpretation is not there so we can run each other into the ground. It is there for our MUTUAL edification.
//www.allaboutgod.net/profiles/blogs/chri ... each-other
Stone
Acquainted Member

Post by Stone »

Katabole wrote:Hi Stone.

Well, I am a ruin/reconstruction more popularly called gap creationist. Part of this OEC creation position does include the existence of the soul in the first heaven and earth age (eon of time). Due to Lucifer's rebellion in that age, (Rev 12:3-4) when he deceived a third of the souls God created, God ended that age, (2Pet 3:5-6); (Jer 4:23-26) and a new age began with heaven being separated from the earth. I would simplify it this way:

All souls were created by God.
All souls were with God.
All souls came from God.
And when these flesh bodies die, all souls return to God.

Hope that helps.
And the souls enter other bodies (new born)? and return to God and enter. . . . .and return. . .is it right?
Stone
Acquainted Member

Post by Stone »

RickD wrote:Just for reference, for those not familiar with the gap theory that Katabole is referring to, here's an article by Hugh Ross:http://www.tedmontgomery.com/bblovrvw/C ... heory.html
Thanks