God - Who, What, Where, When, Why

Discussion about scientific issues as they relate to God and Christianity including archaeology, origins of life, the universe, intelligent design, evolution, etc.
Stone
Acquainted Member
Christian: Yes

Re: God - Who, What, Where, When, Why

Post by Stone »

jlay wrote:Stone,

What is "The nature" ?

You must be using some new definiation of nature. Because, 'nature' is the universe.

KBCid wrote:However,..... to me, God is everything I am looking for.
So are you saying this is the approach that we should apply to Stone's posts?
The nature, I mean, the nature of cosmos, before the universe was created
KBCid
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Undecided

Post by KBCid »

Stone wrote:In my opinion and experience: 3. Where is God? - God is in the whole universe
I have heard this said by an awful lot by Christians but really is God all in all? I would submit that according to scripture God is not in everything;

1Co 15:28 And when all things shall be subdued unto him, then shall the Son also himself be subject unto him that put all things under him, that God may be all in all.

If he were all in all then there would be no need for the verse right?

Joh 15:26 But when the Comforter is come, whom I will send unto you from the Father, even the Spirit of truth, which proceedeth from the Father, he shall testify of me...

Again if God were all in all then of what need would there be for a holy spirit to be sent.

Lastly I would say it simply like this God is holy there is no evil in him but evil does exist in this universe so how could God be all in all since he cannot have a part in evil? satan comes to mind here.
It is as if some Christians sit there and wait for the smallest thing that they can dispute and then jump onto it...
The Bible says that we were each given an interpretation – this gift of interpretation is not there so we can run each other into the ground. It is there for our MUTUAL edification.
//www.allaboutgod.net/profiles/blogs/chri ... each-other
jlay
Ultimate Member
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Young-Earth Creationist

Post by jlay »

:econfused:
-“The Bible treated allegorically becomes putty in the hands of the exegete.” John Walvoord

"I'm not saying scientists don't overstate their results. They do. And it's understandable, too...If you spend years working toward a certain goal and make no progress, of course you are going to spin your results in a positive light." Ivellious