Jesus is Jehovah !

Discussions about the Bible, and any issues raised by Scripture.
twinc
Established Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Young-Earth Creationist

Jesus is Jehovah !

Post by twinc »

not many Christians know or accept this - nor do they accept that as Christians we witness to this as the real witnesses of Jehovah viz Christians are Jehovah Witnesses - any comments - twinc
PaulSacramento
Board Moderator
Creation Position: Theistic Evolution

Re: Jesus is Jehovah !

Post by PaulSacramento »

twinc wrote:not many Christians know or accept this - nor do they accept that as Christians we witness to this as the real witnesses of Jehovah viz Christians are Jehovah Witnesses - any comments - twinc
JW's do NOT believe that Jesus is Jehovah, they believe that Jesus is an incarnation of the Archangel Michael.
PaulSacramento
Board Moderator

Post by PaulSacramento »

As per ACTS, we are to be witnesses to Christ.
The Jews were witnesses to "Jehovah", but Christians are to be witnesses to Christ:
ACTS 1:6-8
6 So when they had come together, they were asking Him, saying, “Lord, is it at this time You are restoring the kingdom to Israel?” 7 He said to them, “It is not for you to know times or epochs which the Father has fixed by His own authority; 8 but you will receive power when the Holy Spirit has come upon you; and you shall be My witnesses both in Jerusalem, and in all Judea and Samaria, and even to the remotest part of the earth.”
B. W.
Ultimate Member

Post by B. W. »

twinc wrote:not many Christians know or accept this - nor do they accept that as Christians we witness to this as the real witnesses of Jehovah viz Christians are Jehovah Witnesses - any comments - twinc
twinc, please read these Links...

http://carm.org/christianity/christian- ... ovah-jesus

http://www.str.org/site/News2?page=NewsArticle&id=5725

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jehovah
-
-
-
Science is man's invention - creation is God's
(by B. W. Melvin)

Old Polish Proverb:
Not my Circus....not my monkeys
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member
Creation Position: Day-Age

Post by RickD »

Twinc, if you are a Jehovah's Witness, you need to give up the heresy, and come home. ;)
John 5:24
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

“A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves.”
-Edward R Murrow

St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony
PaulSacramento
Board Moderator

Post by PaulSacramento »

RickD wrote:Twinc, if you are a Jehovah's Witness, you need to give up the heresy, and come home. ;)
Most JW's are not aware they walk a tight rope between implict and explicit ( like we all do to be honest) in regards to scripture.
They tend to write off what is implicti on the doctrines of others and yet except what is implicit in their own.
The identity of Jesus is a perfect example.
They write off the Trinity because it is NOT explicit in the bible YET they accept that Jesus is Michael because it is implicit in some passages they THEY interpret to mean that Jesus is Michael.
The very criticisims they have against the Trinity is what shows their doctrine of Jesus being Michael to be incorrect.
twinc
Established Member

Post by twinc »

PaulSacramento wrote:
JW's do NOT believe that Jesus is Jehovah, they believe that Jesus is an incarnation of the Archangel Michael.
exactly - so now you can tell them the next time they knock on your door - make them Christians as two for the price of one - btw perhaps you make care to know where you can prove this via even their very own Bible - twinc
PaulSacramento
Board Moderator

Post by PaulSacramento »

twinc wrote:
PaulSacramento wrote:
exactly - so now you can tell them the next time they knock on your door - make them Christians as two for the price of one - btw perhaps you make care to know where you can prove this via even their very own Bible - twinc
Their own bible has been translated base don their own interpretation of the bible.
The name Jehovah has been inserted into the NT where it was never mentioned.
Whole verses have been re-interpreted to suit their doctrines ( John 1, Romans 9, etc).
They are not students of the bible but students of the Watchtower material.
twinc
Established Member

Post by twinc »

RickD wrote:Twinc, if you are a Jehovah's Witness, you need to give up the heresy, and come home. ;)
if like the Jews and current Jehovah Witnesses you do not accept that Jesus is Jehovah then it is you who are a heretic in heresy - where you are presently at is not home so turn round repent and return home - twinc
twinc
Established Member

Post by twinc »

PaulSacramento wrote:
twinc wrote:
PaulSacramento wrote:
Their own bible has been translated base don their own interpretation of the bible.
Whole verses have been re-interpreted to suit their doctrines ( John 1, Romans 9, etc).
yes that is so but you can via their own material show and prove that this is so beyond denial - twinc
PaulSacramento
Board Moderator

Post by PaulSacramento »

twinc wrote:
if like the Jews and current Jehovah Witnesses you do not accept that Jesus is Jehovah then it is you who are a heretic in heresy - where you are presently at is not home so turn round repent and return home - twinc
There is an issue here though.
I've come to the conclusion that the "confusion" is WHo is Jehovah, not that Jesus is Jehovah.
I believe that God, the Father is Jehovah and that is what the original bible students were trying to understand.
That means that while Jesus is God by nature, he is NOT God the Father, hence he can't be Jehovah BUT is still God.
I think that somewhere the view that GOD is Jehovah "overcame" the view that God the Father goes by the name of Jehovah.
The issues with the term "Jehovah" not withstanding of course.
PaulSacramento
Board Moderator

Post by PaulSacramento »

twinc wrote:
PaulSacramento wrote:
twinc wrote:
PaulSacramento wrote:
yes that is so but you can via their own material show and prove that this is so beyond denial - twinc
I'm sorry, prove WHAT beyond denial?
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member
Creation Position: Day-Age

Post by RickD »

twinc wrote:
Twinc, I like you. You've got spunk! All I mean is that the watchtower, or jehovah's witness's "Jesus" is not the Jesus Christ of the bible.

Jehovah is a Hebrew name for God. The Hebrews didn't recognize Jesus, as being God.(with some exceptions). And, Jesus Christ is God. Do I still need to come home?
John 5:24
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

“A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves.”
-Edward R Murrow

St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony
PaulSacramento
Board Moderator

Post by PaulSacramento »

RickD wrote:
twinc wrote:
Twinc, I like you. You've got spunk! All I mean is that the watchtower, or jehovah's witness's "Jesus" is not the Jesus Christ of the bible.

Jehovah is a Hebrew name for God. The Hebrews didn't recognize Jesus, as being God.(with some exceptions). And, Jesus Christ is God. Do I still need to come home?
Actually, Jehovah is a bit of a "spelling mistake" as the most (possibly) correct spelling of YHWH would be Yahweh or Jahveh.
Jehovah cam about via the combination of the letters from the tetragramaton Y H W H and the letters of the hebrew word for lord "adonai" that was used by the Masorites in their texts.
The issue isn't the "Jeh" part because that is a transliteration that is used quite a bit ( Jesus, Jehosophat, etc), the issue is the "ovah" that has nothing to do with the understanding of "I am that I am" or " I will be what I will be" ( depending on the tense used).
If the Jeh is to be used then Jehveh or Jehweh would be more correct.
The watchtower admits that the use the term Jehovah because it is popular and recognizable ( in their literature " The name that will endure").
twinc
Established Member

Post by twinc »

would you then settle for Jesus is Yahweh - twinc