Forsaken and Forgotten ?

Discussions about the Bible, and any issues raised by Scripture.
twinc
Established Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Young-Earth Creationist

Forsaken and Forgotten ?

Post by twinc »

here he lies buried,one of Christianity's greatest saints and major player in early Christianity viz Resurrection etc =no Christianity possible without him - here he lies buried without a single church,school,road or monument in his memory - forgotten even on his feast day - few could claim "that which we have seen and heard and handled declare we unto you" - he should by rights be England's patron saint being the first to carry England's red cross flag and staked a claim to England for Christianity and Christ - his name is Joseph who was the latter day guardian of the Holy Family and early Christians - so remember next year his feast day is 17th March - any comments - twinc
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member
Creation Position: Day-Age

Re: Forsaken and Forgotten ?

Post by RickD »

twinc wrote:here he lies buried,one of Christianity's greatest saints and major player in early Christianity viz Resurrection etc =no Christianity possible without him - here he lies buried without a single church,school,road or monument in his memory - forgotten even on his feast day - few could claim "that which we have seen and heard and handled declare we unto you" - he should by rights be England's patron saint being the first to carry England's red cross flag and staked a claim to England for Christianity and Christ - his name is Joseph who was the latter day guardian of the Holy Family and early Christians - so remember next year his feast day is 17th March - any comments - twinc
I thought March 17th was St. Patrick's Day????
John 5:24
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

“A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves.”
-Edward R Murrow

St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony
twinc
Established Member

Post by twinc »

RickD wrote:
twinc wrote:here he lies buried,one of Christianity's greatest saints and major player in early Christianity viz Resurrection etc =no Christianity possible without him - here he lies buried without a single church,school,road or monument in his memory - forgotten even on his feast day - few could claim "that which we have seen and heard and handled declare we unto you" - he should by rights be England's patron saint being the first to carry England's red cross flag and staked a claim to England for Christianity and Christ - his name is Joseph who was the latter day guardian of the Holy Family and early Christians - so remember next year his feast day is 17th March - any comments - twinc
should be only in EIRE - this is perhaps why St.Joseph is forsaken and forgotten - be that as it may why oh why nothing to the memory of St.Joseph - a crying shame and scandal - twinc
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

twinc wrote:
RickD wrote:
should be only in EIRE - this is perhaps why St.Joseph is forsaken and forgotten - be that as it may why oh why nothing to the memory of St.Joseph - a crying shame and scandal - twinc
If I'm picking dead saints to worship, I pick St. Patrick. He gives me corned beef and cabbage, and green beer. What does your saint Joseph give you to eat and drink, if you worship him?
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

-Edward R Murrow

PaulSacramento
Board Moderator
Creation Position: Theistic Evolution

Post by PaulSacramento »

ROTFLMAO !!
twinc
Established Member

Post by twinc »

Chinese I presume - twinc
twinc
Established Member

Post by twinc »

RickD wrote:
twinc wrote:
RickD wrote:
If I'm picking dead saints to worship, I pick St. Patrick. He gives me corned beef and cabbage, and green beer. What does your saint Joseph give you to eat and drink, if you worship him?

no one worships a church,school,road or monument etc - stay awhile and discover that St.Joseph gave us Christ and Christianity as the bread of life to eat so that we may never die - twinc
PaulSacramento
Board Moderator
Creation Position: Theistic Evolution

Post by PaulSacramento »

By Joseph, do you mean Mary's husband and Jesus' "step dad"?
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

no one worships a church,school,road or monument etc - stay awhile and discover that St.Joseph gave us Christ and Christianity as the bread of life to eat so that we may never die - twinc
But still, if St. Joseph = Chinese food, Chinese food gives me the squirts. Corned beef, cabbage, and green beer ftw! Erin Go Bragh!!!

-Edward R Murrow

twinc
Established Member

Post by twinc »

RickD wrote:
But still, if St. Joseph = Chinese food, Chinese food gives me the squirts. Corned beef, cabbage, and green beer ftw! Erin Go Bragh!!!
no ROTFLMAO = MAO Chinese than English - dont forget the bread of life and come home soon - twinc
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

ROTFLMAO=rolling on the floor laughing my abs off
Erin go Braugh! Twinc, come home to Ireland soon

-Edward R Murrow

twinc
Established Member

Post by twinc »

no racism - come home = home to Christianity and sanity - twinc
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

twinc wrote:no racism - come home = home to Christianity and sanity - twinc
Twinc, no racism involved. My ancestors were white English, Scottish, German, and Swedish. Same racial group as the Irish.

FYI, I'm already home with God, safe and secure in Christ.

And, as far as being home in sanity, well, I'm afraid sanity in me, left home quite a while ago. 8-}2

*****edit. There may actually be some Irish blood in me as well, because sometimes I think I inherited my height from leprechauns.

-Edward R Murrow

RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

stay awhile and discover that St.Joseph gave us Christ and Christianity as the bread of life to eat so that we may never die - twinc
Twinc, all kidding aside, How did Jesus' step father give us "Christ and Christianity as the bread of life"?

-Edward R Murrow

twinc
Established Member

Post by twinc »

I try to be as exact as possible,so who said anything about Jesus' step father - twinc