Forsaken and Forgotten ?

Discussions about the Bible, and any issues raised by Scripture.
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Day-Age

Re: Forsaken and Forgotten ?

Post by RickD »

twinc wrote:I try to be as exact as possible,so who said anything about Jesus' step father - twinc
Twinc, as I'm not really familiar with too many dead Catholic saints, I assumed when you were talking about St. Joseph, you meant the Joseph who was the husband of Mary, the Mother of Jesus. That would make that Joseph, Jesus' step dad, or perhaps, foster dad would be a better term?
John 5:24
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

“A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves.”
-Edward R Murrow

St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony
twinc
Established Member
Creation Position: Young-Earth Creationist

Post by twinc »

is there only one St.Joseph - I mentioned latter day guardian and protector of the Holy Family and early Christians - twinc
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

twinc wrote:is there only one St.Joseph - I mentioned latter day guardian and protector of the Holy Family and early Christians - twinc
Are you going to answer my question?
How did St. Joseph give us Christ and Christianity?
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

-Edward R Murrow

twinc
Established Member

Post by twinc »

this is a Christian website and this a Bible/Scripture forum with me as a Catholic explaining scriptures - so here he lies buried forsaken and forgotten - he who sacrificied his all by incurring the full fury of the Sanhedrin in defending his saviour and ours at his trial,quickly tried a second time in his absence and crucified - on his return this noble nobilis decurio went boldly to Pilate and demanded the crucified body for burial against the rule that a crucified body warranted burning as not fit for burial - burial in the family tomb -this latter day guardian and protector of the Holy Family and early Christians was family and related to Mary and Jesus - from this guarded tomb[via St.Joseph] rose Christ and Christianity - consider now the full wrath of the Sanhedrin against Joseph and the early Christians - so Joseph and some early Christians sought and found refuge and sanctuary in his beloved England - here he lies forsaken and forgotten in his beloved England - why beloved is another enchanting story for a later date and topic - twinc
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

Twinc, this is what we are talking about, when we ask you to just come out with what you're trying to say. Instead of beating around the bush. You are talking about Joseph of Arimathea, not Joseph Mary's husband.
For those of us who aren't familiar with Catholic saints, Jesus' step dad, is the first "St.Joseph" that comes up in a google search.
So, let me get this right, Joseph of Aramithea brought us Christ and Christianity?

-Edward R Murrow

twinc
Established Member

Post by twinc »

RickD wrote:Twinc, this is what we are talking about, when we ask you to just come out with what you're trying to say. Instead of beating around the bush. You are talking about Joseph of Arimathea, not Joseph Mary's husband.
For those of us who aren't familiar with Catholic saints, Jesus' step dad, is the first "St.Joseph" that comes up in a google search.
So, let me get this right, Joseph of Aramithea brought us Christ and Christianity?
now stop nit picking and trying to fault and jealous because he did not grace America/Ireland with his presence but found refuge and sanctuary in his beloved England - twinc
neo-x
Ultimate Member

Post by neo-x »

now stop nit picking and trying to fault and jealous because he did not grace America/Ireland with his presence but found refuge and sanctuary in his beloved England - twinc
:pound: :pound: :pound: :pound: :pound: :pound: :pound: :pound: :pound: :pound: :pound: :pound: :pound: :pound: :pound: :pound: :pound: :pound:
It would be a blessing if they missed the cairns and got lost on the way back. Or if
the Thing on the ice got them tonight.

I could only turn and stare in horror at the chief surgeon.
Death by starvation is a terrible thing, Goodsir, continued Stanley.
And with that we went below to the flame-flickering Darkness of the lower deck
and to a cold almost the equal of the Dante-esque Ninth Circle Arctic Night
without.

//johnadavid.wordpress.com
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

Twinc, you're a real hoot!! If I ever reach your age, I can only hope to have half as much spunk, as you have.
I already told you St. Patrick is my dead saint of choice. Who else offers green beer?

-Edward R Murrow

RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

from this guarded tomb[via St.Joseph] rose Christ and Christianity - consider now the full wrath of the Sanhedrin against Joseph and the early Christians - so Joseph and some early Christians sought and found refuge and sanctuary in his beloved England - here he lies forsaken and forgotten in his beloved England - why beloved is another enchanting story for a later date and topic - twinc
First, twinc, I'm not diminishing Joseph of Arimathea in any way by saying that God didn't need Joseph, to raise Christ from the dead. Saying JofA is responsible for bringing us Christ and Christianity is a huge leap from what scripture says.

-Edward R Murrow

PaulSacramento
Board Moderator
Creation Position: Theistic Evolution

Post by PaulSacramento »

No MAN decides who is a saint, a Holy One.
That is for Christ to decide.
Most certainly there were probably many saints, Paul adresses his letters to "the saints".
Still, I am not Paul ( not that Paul anyways) nor have I been blessed by the HS with sight to KNOW who are the saints as decreed by Christ.
I am sure that Joe of Aremthia was a very cool dude and he did petition Pilot for the body and did place it in a grave that belonged to his family.
Of course Joe, Husband of Mary, took on to himself the burden of a pregnant wife ( Both could have been stoned) and raised and protected Jesus till the day he died, that must count for something too.
Long before Joe of Aramethia came along, there was Joe of bethlehem.
Just saying...
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

Yes, but Paul, according to twinc, Joe of Bethlehem never visited England, as J of A did. That makes him special.

-Edward R Murrow

twinc
Established Member

Post by twinc »

RickD wrote:
from this guarded tomb[via St.Joseph] rose Christ and Christianity - consider now the full wrath of the Sanhedrin against Joseph and the early Christians - so Joseph and some early Christians sought and found refuge and sanctuary in his beloved England - here he lies forsaken and forgotten in his beloved England - why beloved is another enchanting story for a later date and topic - twinc
First, twinc, I'm not diminishing Joseph of Arimathea in any way by saying that God didn't need Joseph, to raise Christ from the dead. Saying JofA is responsible for bringing us Christ and Christianity is a huge leap from what scripture says.
thank you RickD - so lets see what scripture says about this huge leap viz "if Christ had not risen by being burnt and not buried our faith would have been in vain" - it is necessary not just to read scriptures but sometimes to read deep - twinc
twinc
Established Member

Post by twinc »

RickD wrote:Yes, but Paul, according to twinc, Joe of Bethlehem never visited England, as J of A did. That makes him special.
he might have done,had he lived.along with Mary and Lazarus and the other Christians that Joseph brought over with him out of reach of the long arm of the Jewish/Roman police - twinc
PaulSacramento
Board Moderator
Creation Position: Theistic Evolution

Post by PaulSacramento »

twinc wrote:
RickD wrote:Yes, but Paul, according to twinc, Joe of Bethlehem never visited England, as J of A did. That makes him special.
he might have done,had he lived.along with Mary and Lazarus and the other Christians that Joseph brought over with him out of reach of the long arm of the Jewish/Roman police - twinc
Why didn't any of the early Church fathers mention this?
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

PaulSacramento wrote:
twinc wrote:
Why didn't any of the early Church fathers mention this?
Because they were all Irish? :pound: :pound:

-Edward R Murrow