I really love this song

Discussions amongst Christians about life issues, walking with Christ, and general Christian topics that don't fit under any other area.
Danieltwotwenty
Ultimate Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Theistic Evolution

I really love this song

Post by Danieltwotwenty »

We had a member of our church sing this song solo up front and it almost bought tears to my eye's, it's a bit old school but I think it has the most moving lyrics.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HCx6MEdeli4

Dan
1Tim1:15-17
Here is a trustworthy saying that deserves full acceptance: Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners of whom I am the worst. But for that very reason I was shown mercy so that in me, the worst of sinners, Christ Jesus might display his immense patience as an example for those who would believe in him and receive eternal life. Now to the King eternal, immortal, invisible, the only God, be honor and glory for ever and ever.Amen.
1over137
Technical Admin
Sex: Female
Creation Position: Undecided

Re: I really love this song

Post by 1over137 »

:) I love songs by Enya.
But examine everything carefully; hold fast to that which is good.
-- 1 Thessalonians 5:21

For I am confident of this very thing, that He who began a good work in you will perfect it until the day of Christ Jesus.
-- Philippians 1:6

#foreverinmyheart
1over137
Technical Admin

Post by 1over137 »

I really love this song: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xU-O1cEC ... re=related

My life goes on in endless song
above earth's lamentations,
I hear the real, though far-off hymn
that hails a new creation.

Through all the tumult and the strife
I hear it's music ringing,
It sounds an echo in my soul.
How can I keep from singing?

While though the tempest loudly roars,
I hear the truth, it liveth.
And though the darkness 'round me close,
songs in the night it giveth.

No storm can shake my inmost calm,
while to that rock I'm clinging.
Since love is lord of heaven and earth
how can I keep from singing?

When tyrants tremble in their fear
and hear their death knell ringing,
when friends rejoice both far and near

In prison cell and dungeon vile
our thoughts to them are winging,
when friends by shame are undefiled

For I am confident of this very thing, that He who began a good work in you will perfect it until the day of Christ Jesus.

#foreverinmyheart
Danieltwotwenty
Ultimate Member

Nice, she has a wonderfull voice.
Here is a trustworthy saying that deserves full acceptance: Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners of whom I am the worst. But for that very reason I was shown mercy so that in me, the worst of sinners, Christ Jesus might display his immense patience as an example for those who would believe in him and receive eternal life. Now to the King eternal, immortal, invisible, the only God, be honor and glory for ever and ever.Amen.
1over137
Technical Admin

Post by 1over137 »

Enya is by far my most favorite singer. The lyrics, the musics, I never have her enough. What is you favorite singer?

#foreverinmyheart
Danieltwotwenty
Ultimate Member

One of the guys at my church is an amazing singer and pianist , he is not famous so you will never hear him sing and unfortunately I can't describe his voice but I can say when he sings you know he means it and believes it because of the passion that comes out.

Dan
1over137
Technical Admin

Post by 1over137 »

Ask him if you can record him :mrgreen:

#foreverinmyheart
Danieltwotwenty
Ultimate Member

I will ask him if he has any you tube stuff.
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member
Creation Position: Day-Age

Post by RickD »

From one of my favorite "all time" bands. Yahweh & 40
John 5:24
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

“A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves.”
-Edward R Murrow

St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony
1over137
Technical Admin

Post by 1over137 »

Oh, U2 :D

#foreverinmyheart
Cjgager
Newbie Member

Post by Cjgager »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vbg7YoXiKn0
isn't this what everyone is asking of god? through all the posts of all the rooms in this website there seems to be this plea.
and i wonder sometimes if it ever really means anything other than a statement of our aloneness.
Callisto
Established Member

Post by Callisto »

Cjgager wrote:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vbg7YoXiKn0
isn't this what everyone is asking of god? through all the posts of all the rooms in this website there seems to be this plea.
and i wonder sometimes if it ever really means anything other than a statement of our aloneness.
You've got some things to sort out, for sure. Why would you think God doesn't stand by us? Hasn't He promised over and over again of what He has done, and what we will do for us in the future? What such hope is there in atheism? None at all! You needn't feel too despaired by feeling alone, it's natural for most, especially if you don't have faith, and even those who do often feel some forms of doubt. But it's not because God isn't there. God is always there. He loves you at your darkest. If you have questions or doubts, let the lovely people here help you, and don't take criticisms as offense. Sometimes we all need to be knocked off our pedestals before we can learn anything.

Erm... I'm off-topic.

So I really like lots of "harder" music, like post-hardcore. There are tons of awesome Christian bands out there, but I'd like to highlight this one for today since they are one of my favorites:

http://youtu.be/dP74OjrFRRo
http://youtu.be/7GyXvsEO-7Q
http://youtu.be/cOVXV0S0tg4

It's not Enya. :P And yes I do like Enya.
Reactionary

Post by Reactionary »

Callisto wrote:You've got some things to sort out, for sure. Why would you think God doesn't stand by us? Hasn't He promised over and over again of what He has done, and what we will do for us in the future? What such hope is there in atheism? None at all! You needn't feel too despaired by feeling alone, it's natural for most, especially if you don't have faith, and even those who do often feel some forms of doubt. But it's not because God isn't there. God is always there. He loves you at your darkest. If you have questions or doubts, let the lovely people here help you, and don't take criticisms as offense. Sometimes we all need to be knocked off our pedestals before we can learn anything.
Callisto, it's worthless to even spend time on responding to this user (Cjgager). She is an anti-Christian troll, trying to stir confusion by spreading around some relativist nonsense about how we shouldn't take any belief seriously because it leads to "wars", "heartache" or whatever...
It's nice to know that some people still take their beliefs seriously -and maybe, that's the problem.
...but she obviously doesn't apply that rule to her own beliefs:
Beliefs are hard to overcome - familial concepts being the main reason.
It IS difficult to give up beliefs.
But you know - I think it must happen and will with the Internet Age.
Nor does she show any respect to the people who disagree with her:
Creatism, creationism, oophs - i was too lazy to change it. Does it matter - since you got the drift? Maybe it was my take on cretinism, who knows
Enough said, in my opinion.
"Do not give dogs what is sacred; do not throw your pearls to pigs. If you do, they may trample them under their feet, and then turn and tear you to pieces." Matthew 7:6

"For his invisible attributes, namely, his eternal power and divine nature, have been clearly perceived, ever since the creation of the world, in the things that have been made. So they are without excuse." Romans 1:20

--Reactionary
Callisto
Established Member

Post by Callisto »

Reactionary wrote:
Callisto wrote:You've got some things to sort out, for sure. Why would you think God doesn't stand by us? Hasn't He promised over and over again of what He has done, and what we will do for us in the future? What such hope is there in atheism? None at all! You needn't feel too despaired by feeling alone, it's natural for most, especially if you don't have faith, and even those who do often feel some forms of doubt. But it's not because God isn't there. God is always there. He loves you at your darkest. If you have questions or doubts, let the lovely people here help you, and don't take criticisms as offense. Sometimes we all need to be knocked off our pedestals before we can learn anything.
Callisto, it's worthless to even spend time on responding to this user (Cjgager). She is an anti-Christian troll, trying to stir confusion by spreading around some relativist nonsense about how we shouldn't take any belief seriously because it leads to "wars", "heartache" or whatever...
It's nice to know that some people still take their beliefs seriously -and maybe, that's the problem.
...but she obviously doesn't apply that rule to her own beliefs:
Beliefs are hard to overcome - familial concepts being the main reason.
It IS difficult to give up beliefs.
But you know - I think it must happen and will with the Internet Age.
Nor does she show any respect to the people who disagree with her:
Creatism, creationism, oophs - i was too lazy to change it. Does it matter - since you got the drift? Maybe it was my take on cretinism, who knows
Enough said, in my opinion.
Guess I haven't been around much except lately. Then I guess if we ban her she ought not get angry since it's all relative, right? :lol:
Reactionary

Post by Reactionary »

Callisto wrote:Guess I haven't been around much except lately. Then I guess if we ban her she ought not get angry since it's all relative, right? :lol:
Close enough. She shouldn't get angry because banning her wouldn't be our fault. No free will, remember? A decision to ban her would be a consequence of genetics and environmental conditioning. :pound:
"Do not give dogs what is sacred; do not throw your pearls to pigs. If you do, they may trample them under their feet, and then turn and tear you to pieces." Matthew 7:6

"For his invisible attributes, namely, his eternal power and divine nature, have been clearly perceived, ever since the creation of the world, in the things that have been made. So they are without excuse." Romans 1:20

--Reactionary