Homosexual marriage as of now

Discussion for Christian perspectives on ethical issues such as abortion, euthanasia, sexuality, and so forth.
ochotseat

Post by ochotseat »

Prodigal Son wrote:
ochotseat,

you know what, dude. you need to stop labeling people. one day, you're going to get your a** kicked for that. .
Depends if the person I'm talking to has issues to start.
Prodigal Son wrote: and, yes, EVERYONE deserves a second chance.
A lot of people would disagree with that.
Prodigal Son wrote:
and this is really going to piss you off...i've never served any time for any of the horrible things i've done...not one day ever.

That is disturbing, because it's a sign that our justice system needs more improvements than we think.
Prodigal Son wrote: i've never gotten caught. i've thought about turning myself in, but people like you change my mind.

If you were truly repentant, shouldn't you have turned yourself in for supposedly maiming someone? A murderer turned himself in after seeing The Passion.
Prodigal Son wrote: i never had a chance in h*ll to be a good person. never.
That's an excuse. Every criminal has a chance to be good before he or she breaks the law.
Prodigal Son wrote: Jesus has given me that second chance and i'm taking it. but you don't need to keep reminding me of what i used to be, i think about it everyday.
Or maybe not.

You still haven't replied to bzzt's rebuttal.
bizzt
Prestigious Senior Member
Christian: No

Post by bizzt »

Prodigal Son wrote:bizzt,

i don't think it says it anywhere...but, i never said it did. i think they should be allowed some type of legal union, similar to marriage (not marriage). but, if they are allowed to marry, i will probably rejoice along with them. God will take care of me if i'm wrong.
Prodigal what I am Trying to get here my Friend is that Homosexuality is a Sin and Is wrong. I would not want to rejoice with Sin. I am sure you would have to agree with that! Your life is a Testimony to that and I am sure you do not rejoice over the Sins you have Committed in your life. Instead you rejoice over what Jesus has done with your life.

In Christ
bizzt

Post by bizzt »

ochotseat wrote: You said everyone deserves a second chance. I'm telling you that not everyone does.
Everyone does not deserve a second chance by Gods law if we SIN we should Die. HOWEVER that is why Jesus came and that is why God Forgives. It is written that you should forgive your Brother not only 7 times but 7x77 times.

In Christ
bizzt

Post by bizzt »

OC,

Leave Prodigal Alone. He has suffered through More Torment then you probably ever have. Do you constantly look to down at people instead of uplifting? I find someone who believes in Christ like you say you do would be so rude to a fellow Brother in Christ!

Luk 6:37 Judge not, and ye shall not be judged: condemn not, and ye shall not be condemned: forgive, and ye shall be forgiven:
Prodigal Son

Post by Prodigal Son »

ochotseat:
depends if the person i'm talking to has issues to start.
whatever, dude. you think you don't have issues?! everyone has issues. you're so self-righteous it's pathetic.
a lot of people would disagree wtih that.
let them disagree. i couldn't care less.
if you were truly repentant...a murderer turned himself in after seeing the Passion.
i did turn myself in. i turned myself in to God. He is the only one i have to answer to. not you. not anyone else.
that's an excuse. every criminal has a chance to be good before he or she breaks the law.
there you go generalizing again. everyone is different. you know nothing about me. you know nothing about people. you know even less about God.
or maybe not.
whatever.
New Creation
2 Corinthians 5:7
Felgar
Esteemed Senior Member

Post by Felgar »

Bizzt is right on all counts. Let's let this one cool off for a while. :)
ochotseat

Post by ochotseat »

Prodigal Son wrote: whatever, dude. you think you don't have issues?! everyone has issues. you're so self-righteous it's pathetic..
The average person has enough issues to break the law? Let's hope not.
Prodigal Son wrote: i did turn myself in. i turned myself in to God. He is the only one i have to answer to. not you. not anyone else...
So we should've turned a blind eye to Stalin, Hitler, or Mao if they had become Christians? Should we not punish Bin Laden or the B2K killer if they repent to Christ? That's ridiculous.

The justice system must mean nothing to you. :o
Prodigal Son wrote: there you go generalizing again. everyone is different. you know nothing about me. you know nothing about people.

And everyone seals his or her own fate.
Prodigal Son wrote: you know even less about God.

Guess that's why some of us Christians who supposedly know less about God have never broken the law unlike some people, right? :roll:
bizzt wrote: Everyone does not deserve a second chance by Gods law if we SIN we should Die. HOWEVER that is why Jesus came and that is why God Forgives. It is written that you should forgive your Brother not only 7 times but 7x77 times.

In Christ.

Of course the Lord will forgive everyone for what they do.

Should our government? Not always. We have a judicial system. We must punish people accordingly.

PS claims to have changed through God's mercy. Do you seriously think God would approve him snubbing our laws that way?
kateliz
Advanced Senior Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Female
Creation Position: Young-Earth Creationist

Post by kateliz »

Ochotseat shame on you!!! You are being as hateful and pompous as the Sadducees and Pharisees were with Jesus! And no I'm not calling PS God, but he has God, and you better leave him to His Father, as your own Father would advise you to! Each either stands or falls to his master alone! You're beef with him needs to be exterminated and if you feel any true concern over him as a good Christian you would instead of your self-righteous anger bring it to God in prayer out of love for him! I tell you this, your anger towards him is no better than if he killed whomever you say he battered! (I'm not sure on your reference to that, sorry if I missed it in the testimonies thread.) You have murder in your heart and so need to take your plank out of your eye before you might be able to begin to see clearly and so help your Brother with whatever specks he may have in his! Leave him alone!
Felgar
Esteemed Senior Member

Post by Felgar »

kateliz wrote:Ochotseat shame on you!!! You are being as hateful and pompous as the Sadducees and Pharisees were with Jesus! And no I'm not calling PS God, but he has God, and you better leave him to His Father, as your own Father would advise you to! Each either stands or falls to his master alone! You're beef with him needs to be exterminated and if you feel any true concern over him as a good Christian you would instead of your self-righteous anger bring it to God in prayer out of love for him! I tell you this, your anger towards him is no better than if he killed whomever you say he battered! (I'm not sure on your reference to that, sorry if I missed it in the testimonies thread.) You have murder in your heart and so need to take your plank out of your eye before you might be able to begin to see clearly and so help your Brother with whatever specks he may have in his! Leave him alone!
While I do agree that as Christians we have the right and responsibility to call people on what they've done, or what they're doing, it should be done with the ultimate purpose of helping them grow in the Lord. And so I agree with you Kateliz, that Ochotseat's posts have not represented Christianity or the loving and merciful naure of God properly.

As much as we know how we're to live, we must be sure to actually live it. That is, to embody the fruits of the spirit so that we might be positive representatives of our faith to the rest of the world.

If anyone would like to discuss this further, please PM me.