End of Days Question

Are you a sincere seeker who has questions about Christianity, or a Christian with doubts about your faith? Post them here to receive a thoughtful response.
jlay
Ultimate Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Young-Earth Creationist

Re: End of Days Question

Post by jlay »

Heck, if you are in Oxford just go meet with Lennox in person, or go see a lecture.
-“The Bible treated allegorically becomes putty in the hands of the exegete.” John Walvoord

"I'm not saying scientists don't overstate their results. They do. And it's understandable, too...If you spend years working toward a certain goal and make no progress, of course you are going to spin your results in a positive light." Ivellious
Seraph
Christian: No
Creation Position: Theistic Evolution

Post by Seraph »

BryanH wrote:
First you would have to provide evidence that the account of the End of Days really does just refer to Earth, the 3rd planet from the sun
First of all you have to prove that the people who wrote about the end of days actually spoke to God and that of course implies proving that a God exists (something that I don't doubt entirely) and that such a God actually talked to people.

It's easy to say that God told me this and that. The hard part is proving that they are legit.
This thread isn't about that though, it is about whether space travel would nullify the possibility of the end of days. Whether the book is true or not doesn't effect what I said.
I am committed to belief in God, as the most morally demanding, psychologically enriching, intellectually satisfying and imaginatively fruitful hypothesis about the ultimate nature of reality known to me - Keith Ward
Callisto
Established Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Female
Creation Position: Theistic Evolution

Post by Callisto »

Seraph wrote:
BryanH wrote:
First you would have to provide evidence that the account of the End of Days really does just refer to Earth, the 3rd planet from the sun
First of all you have to prove that the people who wrote about the end of days actually spoke to God and that of course implies proving that a God exists (something that I don't doubt entirely) and that such a God actually talked to people.

It's easy to say that God told me this and that. The hard part is proving that they are legit.
This thread isn't about that though, it is about whether space travel would nullify the possibility of the end of days. Whether the book is true or not doesn't effect what I said.
Space travel wouldn't stop the End of Days. It's something that will affect our solar system entirely, and the Universe. There'll be no escape. I also doubt we will go anywhere but will instead stay on Earth. We have too many problems and silly quarrels with each other right now and can't even stop killing each other. Going to Mars would take massive amounts of money and resources, and I don't know if we are near that technology yet. We can send robots there, but humans? No, not yet. Maybe never if we continue on our destructive paths.
BryanH
Valued Member
Christian: No
Creation Position: Undecided

Post by BryanH »

Space travel wouldn't stop the End of Days. It's something that will affect our solar system entirely, and the Universe. There'll be no escape. I also doubt we will go anywhere but will instead stay on Earth. We have too many problems and silly quarrels with each other right now and can't even stop killing each other. Going to Mars would take massive amounts of money and resources, and I don't know if we are near that technology yet. We can send robots there, but humans? No, not yet. Maybe never if we continue on our destructive paths.
As I said before, there is no actual proof that relates to the end of days as being an universal event. It's just an interpretation.
Going to Mars would take massive amounts of money and resources, and I don't know if we are near that technology yet. We can send robots there, but humans?
Actually there is already a project in motion to send people to Mars and start a colony there. First send some ships with the supplies and then send the people. The time they have anticipated is that by 2023 the first humans will have landed on Mars. The bad news is that they can't come back:))