Kinds and Species ?

Discussion about scientific issues as they relate to God and Christianity including archaeology, origins of life, the universe, intelligent design, evolution, etc.
twinc
Established Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Young-Earth Creationist

Kinds and Species ?

Post by twinc »

would inter changeability of blood transfusion indicate close relationship - anyone know anything about animal and/or fish or bird or insect blood transfusions - twinc
KBCid
Creation Position: Undecided

Re: Kinds and Species ?

Post by KBCid »

I googled animal human blood transfusion..... http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blood_transfusion
It is as if some Christians sit there and wait for the smallest thing that they can dispute and then jump onto it...
The Bible says that we were each given an interpretation – this gift of interpretation is not there so we can run each other into the ground. It is there for our MUTUAL edification.
//www.allaboutgod.net/profiles/blogs/chri ... each-other
sandy_mcd
Esteemed Senior Member

Post by sandy_mcd »

twinc wrote:would inter changeability of blood transfusion indicate close relationship - anyone know anything about animal and/or fish or bird or insect blood transfusions - twinc
That is an interesting question I could not find much on. I suspect in general there should be a rough relationship. But even all humans can't safely exchange blood. I couldn't find any successful inter-species transfers. And most insects don't have our kind of blood - there is no closed circulatory system and no oxygen carrying molecule.
PaulSacramento
Board Moderator
Creation Position: Theistic Evolution

Post by PaulSacramento »

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blood_type_%28non-human%29

Animals and bacteria have cell surface antigens referred to as a blood type. Antigens from the human ABO blood group system are also found in apes such as chimpanzees, bonobos and gorillas. Other animal blood sometimes agglutinates (to varying levels of intensity) with human blood group reagents, but the structure of the blood group antigens in animals is not always identical to those typically found in humans. The classification of most animal blood groups therefore uses different blood typing systems to those used for classification of human blood...