Real Intelligent Design proved

Discussion about scientific issues as they relate to God and Christianity including archaeology, origins of life, the universe, intelligent design, evolution, etc.
Proinsias
Advanced Senior Member
Christian: No
Sex: Male
Creation Position: I don't believe in creation

Re: Real Intelligent Design proved

Post by Proinsias »

I can't prove it but if you have a better theory which is empirically testable and repeatable I'm all ears.

I can't repeat the dawn of life on earth but we can observe the development of life as the mutual arising of the nervous system alongside the skeleton, muscles and cartilage - in cases where life can be categorised in such a fashion. I can observe it in my own body as I grow. If I arrived on this earth with my current physical appearance as I am now but with no control at all over my body which I slowly gained control of, or I arrived as a fully functioning nervous system around which bones and cartilage began to develop I may see some point in you asking if 1 or 2 came first, even have a good answer for you. As it is it seems like an arbitrary dichotomy which isn't really of much use to anyone. As I play the guitar, practice kung fu or explore how to sharpen steel on stone there is a mutual arising of physical development alongside neurological control.

The use of 1 develops 2, but 1 is not possible without 2. I would contend your question is a false dichotomy.

I'm not sure what your theory on the origins of life and humanity are but if you could explain them whilst answering your own question about whether 1 or 2 came first, without the imaginings of mutual arising, and only using empirical repeatable evidence without any imagination I'd be keen to hear.