The Flat Earth Myth

Discussion about scientific issues as they relate to God and Christianity including archaeology, origins of life, the universe, intelligent design, evolution, etc.
inlovewiththe44
Recognized Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Female
Creation Position: Undecided

Re: The Flat Earth Myth

Post by inlovewiththe44 »

Rob wrote:
TESTS DESIGNED BY ROUND EARTHERS!!!
It's a conspiracy!
Furstentum Liechtenstein
Ultimate Member
Sex: It's Complicated
Creation Position: Young-Earth Creationist

Post by Furstentum Liechtenstein »

inlovewiththe44 wrote:
Rob wrote:
TESTS DESIGNED BY ROUND EARTHERS!!!
It's a conspiracy!
I've been saying it's a conspiracy for a long time now. G.L.O.W. is a powerful organization backed by the CIA, and both have vested interests in the Round Earth Myth (REM, also a type of sleep.)

The earth is FLat
Hold everything lightly. If you don't, it will hurt when God pries your fingers loose as He takes it from you. -Corrie Ten Boom

+ + +

If they had a social gospel in the days of the prodigal son, somebody would have given him a bed and a sandwich and he never would have gone home.

+ + +
PaulSacramento
Board Moderator
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Theistic Evolution

Post by PaulSacramento »

:shock: Blame the aliens....
Furstentum Liechtenstein
Ultimate Member

PaulSacramento wrote::shock: Blame the aliens....
I saw a picture of you that RickD posted. You need to comb your hair.

And congratulations on your 1000th post! I hope you'll enjoy the benefits of being an Esteemed Senior Member.

FL
Hold everything lightly. If you don't, it will hurt when God pries your fingers loose as He takes it from you. -Corrie Ten Boom

+ + +

If they had a social gospel in the days of the prodigal son, somebody would have given him a bed and a sandwich and he never would have gone home.

+ + +
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member
Creation Position: Day-Age

Post by RickD »

Furstentum Liechtenstein wrote:
PaulSacramento wrote::shock: Blame the aliens....
I saw a picture of you that RickD posted. You need to comb your hair.

And congratulations on your 1000th post! I hope you'll enjoy the benefits of being an Esteemed Senior Member.

FL
Benefits? What benefits? Nobody told me about any benefits. :evil:
John 5:24
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

“A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves.”
-Edward R Murrow

St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony
Furstentum Liechtenstein
Ultimate Member

RickD wrote: Benefits? What benefits? Nobody told me about any benefits. :evil:
So...am I to understand that you didn't receive the free trip to Israel with El Al? Or the two weeks at the resort at Ein Gedi? Or the personal guided tour of Masada? And the guided tour of Yad Vashem? Or the 2 week stay at the Jerusalem Marriott? The guided tour of the Dome of the Rock?

Shucks...I guess Moderators are excluded from these benefits.

FL :lol:

+ + +

+ + +
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

RickD wrote: Benefits? What benefits? Nobody told me about any benefits. :evil:
So...am I to understand that you didn't receive the free trip to Israel with El Al? Or the two weeks at the resort at Ein Gedi? Or the personal guided tour of Masada? And the guided tour of Yad Vashem? Or the 2 week stay at the Jerusalem Marriott? The guided tour of the Dome of the Rock?

Shucks...I guess Moderators are excluded from these benefits.

FL :lol:
FL, now that you mention it, I did receive two round trip tickets. But they said, Jacksonville to Palestine. y#-o
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

-Edward R Murrow

secretfire6
Established Member

Post by secretfire6 »

I sure hope i never meet a genuine flat earther...that would drive me nuts that they wouldnt believe something that they can go out and prove to themselves, right in front of their face. I'm flabergasted by some of the things people will believe.
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

secretfire6 wrote:I sure hope i never meet a genuine flat earther...that would drive me nuts that they wouldnt believe something that they can go out and prove to themselves, right in front of their face. I'm flabergasted by some of the things people will believe.
What do you mean, secretfire? When I walk out my door, the earth is flat. y[-(

-Edward R Murrow

KBCid
Creation Position: Undecided

Post by KBCid »

RickD wrote:When I walk out my door, the earth is flat. y[-(
Well now Rick everyone knows that the earth is not absolutely flat... anymore... because it is relaxing a bit where it rides on the back of the top turtle and we all know that turtle backs are a bit hemispherical right? ;) the flat earth is evolving....
It is as if some Christians sit there and wait for the smallest thing that they can dispute and then jump onto it...
The Bible says that we were each given an interpretation – this gift of interpretation is not there so we can run each other into the ground. It is there for our MUTUAL edification.
//www.allaboutgod.net/profiles/blogs/chri ... each-other
Furstentum Liechtenstein
Ultimate Member

RickD wrote: FL, now that you mention it, I did receive two round trip tickets. But they said, Jacksonville to Palestine.
You'd better hope that's Palestine, Texas.

FL

+ + +

+ + +
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

RickD wrote: FL, now that you mention it, I did receive two round trip tickets. But they said, Jacksonville to Palestine.
You'd better hope that's Palestine, Texas.

FL
It was Saudi Airlines. They don't recognize Israel, as a nation. Sorry for the confusion. Still says Jerusalem though. y#-o

-Edward R Murrow

Philip
Site Owner

Post by Philip »

Well, there are a whole lot of flat earthers down in Florida! And I can see why: when you describe the top of your state's highest "mountain" as having a "summit" of 345 feet :lol: - well, yeah, I can see why they believe in a flat earth. :)
secretfire6
Established Member

Post by secretfire6 »

haha you guys crack me up. I'll be in Texas in a few weeks. I'll report any flatness i see when i return 8)
Furstentum Liechtenstein
Ultimate Member

secretfire6 wrote:haha you guys crack me up. I'll be in Texas in a few weeks. I'll report any flatness i see when i return 8)
What will you be doing in Texas? Is the Department of Corrections transfering you to a penitentiary there for your trial?

FL

+ + +

+ + +