Alien Life

Discussion about scientific issues as they relate to God and Christianity including archaeology, origins of life, the universe, intelligent design, evolution, etc.
BryanH
Valued Member
Christian: No
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Undecided

Re: Alien Life

Post by BryanH »

Pardon me for baseless speculation. As per arguing, "Like what?" I'm sure you can find the answers if you search. I'm pretty lazy...
I was just pointing out that there aren't that many ideas that haven't materialized in our present...
At this point, there is no reason to believe that extraterrestrial life is tampering with our Earth. We have no evidence for it, it's just a product of naturalistic evolutionary presuppositions.
Actually it's not exactly true. You should check online for the "giant men cemetery" discovered in Romania. Imagine men that could reach 12 feet in height and giant skeletons. Nobody has an explanation for their line of evolution.
Byblos
Old School
Christian: Yes

Post by Byblos »

BryanH wrote:
At this point, there is no reason to believe that extraterrestrial life is tampering with our Earth. We have no evidence for it, it's just a product of naturalistic evolutionary presuppositions.
Actually it's not exactly true. You should check online for the "giant men cemetery" discovered in Romania. Imagine men that could reach 12 feet in height and giant skeletons. Nobody has an explanation for their line of evolution.
What happened, genetic mutation cannot account for this? You're slacking off Bryan :D .
Let us proclaim the mystery of our faith: Christ has died, Christ is risen, Christ will come again.

Lord I am not worthy that you should enter under my roof, but only say the word and my soul shall be healed.
BryanH
Valued Member

Post by BryanH »

What happened, genetic mutation cannot answer this? You're slacking off Bryan
Not really...
Byblos
Old School

Post by Byblos »

BryanH wrote:
What happened, genetic mutation cannot answer this? You're slacking off Bryan
Not really...
Not really genetic mutation doesn't account for it or not really you're not slacking off? :pound:

Why would genetic mutation not account for it? We see it all the time with dwarfism and gigantism. Except in this case the mutation was most likely carried to several generations then died away.
Let us proclaim the mystery of our faith: Christ has died, Christ is risen, Christ will come again.

Lord I am not worthy that you should enter under my roof, but only say the word and my soul shall be healed.
BryanH
Valued Member

Post by BryanH »

Why would genetic mutation not account for it? We see it all the time with dwarfism and gigantism. Except in this case the mutation was most likely carried to several generations then died away.
I am speaking about present evidence. If you want to speculate and say that giant men could exist because of a mutation, well, yeah, of course.
Even nowadays we have the technology to alter our genetic material and IMPROVE it, but some "smart" people thought about moral dilemmas and such action is prohibited, not to mention that there are close 7 billions people on our planet and we don't have a solution for the rapid growth rate.

But again, if you want to speculate on genetic mutation, first you have to actually have proof that those giant people have an ancestor here on this planet. That's where you might have a problem.

I mean, with humans, we have a lot of ancestor links (there are missing links as well of course), but we can still trace back.
With the giant people trying to trace back might be a problem. Anyways, this is quite a recent discovery.

And in the history class I haven't learned anything about giant men in our past unless of course those were legends.

P.S.: If you are that curious, search Google for "giant men found in Bucegi mountains". We can talk after.
Byblos
Old School

Post by Byblos »

BryanH wrote:
I am speaking about present evidence. If you want to speculate and say that giant men could exist because of a mutation, well, yeah, of course.
Even nowadays we have the technology to alter our genetic material and IMPROVE it, but some "smart" people thought about moral dilemmas and such action is prohibited, not to mention that there are close 7 billions people on our planet and we don't have a solution for the rapid growth rate.

But again, if you want to speculate on genetic mutation, first you have to actually have proof that those giant people have an ancestor here on this planet. That's where you might have a problem.

I mean, with humans, we have a lot of ancestor links (there are missing links as well of course), but we can still trace back.
With the giant people trying to trace back might be a problem. Anyways, this is quite a recent discovery.

And in the history class I haven't learned anything about giant men in our past unless of course those were legends.

P.S.: If you are that curious, search Google for "giant men found in Bucegi mountains". We can talk after.
I will dig a little deeper but a cursory read of a couple of sites is nothing more than speculation at best. First the skeletons were nowhere near 12 feet, they were 8 feet at best (2.4 meters). Second, I didn't see any peer-reviewed DNA analysis done on these skeletons to ascertain whether or not they had ancestors. Sounds to me like yet another folklore but I promise I will look further into it. It would help if you know of any research done.

sandy_mcd
Esteemed Senior Member

Post by sandy_mcd »

Byblos wrote:First the skeletons were nowhere near 12 feet, they were 8 feet at best (2.4 meters). Second, I didn't see any peer-reviewed DNA analysis done on these skeletons to ascertain whether or not they had ancestors.
Have you found any scientific sites that show the big skeletons even exist?
Pierson5
Established Member
Creation Position: I don't believe in creation

Post by Pierson5 »

sandy_mcd wrote:
Byblos wrote:First the skeletons were nowhere near 12 feet, they were 8 feet at best (2.4 meters). Second, I didn't see any peer-reviewed DNA analysis done on these skeletons to ascertain whether or not they had ancestors.
I'm curious about this as well. I could only find maybe 1 or 2 articles on some UFO conspiracy site, but that's it. If this was truly a remarkable find, I would expect to see a little more information about it.
Live a good life. If there are gods and they are just, then they will not care how devout you have been, but will welcome you based on the virtues you have lived by. If there are gods, but unjust, then you should not want to worship them. If there are no gods, then you will be gone, but will have lived a noble life that will live on in the memories of your loved ones.
-Marcus Aurelius
Byblos
Old School

Post by Byblos »

sandy_mcd wrote:
Nope.

sandy_mcd
Esteemed Senior Member

Post by sandy_mcd »

Byblos wrote:
sandy_mcd wrote:
Nope.
If even a cursory Google turns up nothing from a credible source, i see no point in wasting any more time on it. Given how much the smallest scientific discoveries are hyped these days, it would take a pretty impressive conspiracy to suppress dissemination of such amazing finds.
BryanH
Valued Member

Post by BryanH »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Z0IotGDzs8

This is presented by one of the channels in Romania.
Sorry guys that you don't know Romanian.
Byblos
Old School

Post by Byblos »

sandy_mcd wrote:
Byblos wrote:
sandy_mcd wrote:
Nope.
If even a cursory Google turns up nothing from a credible source, i see no point in wasting any more time on it. Given how much the smallest scientific discoveries are hyped these days, it would take a pretty impressive conspiracy to suppress dissemination of such amazing finds.
Hey Sandy, I agree :D :wave: .
BryanH wrote:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Z0IotGDzs8

This is presented by one of the channels in Romania.
Sorry guys that you don't know Romanian.
Is this supposed to be some kind of proof or is it a tourism infomercial?

BryanH
Valued Member

Post by BryanH »

Byblos, I am Romanian and I assure you that what you see there is no joke or a tourism infomercial.
Byblos
Old School

Post by Byblos »

BryanH wrote:
Byblos, I am Romanian and I assure you that what you see there is no joke or a tourism infomercial.
Then perhaps you can translate it for us.

BryanH
Valued Member

Post by BryanH »

Then perhaps you can translate it for us.
They speak about the giants uncovered in the Bucegi Mountains and also about a cemetery where there were about 30 such skeletons and as you see in the youtube clip, those skeletons aren't 2.4m tall, but rather double in size.

There is a weird part of this story for which I can't actually offer proof is the fact that inside the Bucegi Mountains a chamber was found where advanced technology was in place (and when I say advanced, I mean above our current level of technology) and also 3 tunnels: one leading to Iraq, one to Tibet and one with ramifications towards the inner of our planet. Unfortunately there is no proof at the moment for such claims because the Secret Services and the Army got involved in this and there was no official press release. But many tv channels and journalists have urged the Romanian government to offer access to such information. No progress has been made, but the area in the Bucegi mountains I am talking about is under constant guard and off limits if you know what I mean.