Alien Life

Discussion about scientific issues as they relate to God and Christianity including archaeology, origins of life, the universe, intelligent design, evolution, etc.
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Day-Age

Re: Alien Life

Post by RickD »

Is it possible that Dracula killed the giants? y:-?

Romanian giants, Nessie, and a flat earth. I think I found the title for my new book. ;)
John 5:24
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

“A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves.”
-Edward R Murrow

St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony
Dudeacus97
Established Member
Creation Position: Theistic Evolution

Post by Dudeacus97 »

I think I remember something on the History Channel about the Pope declaring that the discovery of alien life would not threaten the Christian faith. Then again, the same show insisted that the Pope is secretly hiding some Vatican alien tech (maybe it's in his hat), so I can't be sure on that quote.
PaulSacramento
Board Moderator

Post by PaulSacramento »

If Alien life was proven to exist, all that would mean is that God created the universe to produce various types of life, just as he did Earth.
The theological issue is that God made Humans in His Image BUT that is only an issue IF we believe that God made ONLY humans in His image and we KNOW that to NOT be the case.
Long Before humans came around there was already another race of beings in God's image - The Angels of Heaven.
PaulSacramento
Board Moderator

Post by PaulSacramento »

Babylon 5 anyone?
:eugeek:
Byblos
Old School

Post by Byblos »

RickD wrote:Is it possible that Dracula killed the giants? y:-?

Romanian giants, Nessie, and a flat earth. I think I found the title for my new book. ;)
A new book? I think you just founded a new religion. y[-o<
Let us proclaim the mystery of our faith: Christ has died, Christ is risen, Christ will come again.

Lord I am not worthy that you should enter under my roof, but only say the word and my soul shall be healed.