Humpty Dumpty Science ?

Discussion about scientific issues as they relate to God and Christianity including archaeology, origins of life, the universe, intelligent design, evolution, etc.
twinc
Established Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Young-Earth Creationist

Humpty Dumpty Science ?

Post by twinc »

it seems that one of the greatest,if not the greatest, achievement of science was the dematerialisation of matter.Having knocked Humpty Dumpty off the wall,it seems it is now desperately trying to put it all togetrher again as dark matter or hidden matter etc whilst desperately trying not to accept Mind over Matter - twinc
bippy123
Prestigious Senior Member
Creation Position: Day-Age

Re: Humpty Dumpty Science ?

Post by bippy123 »

twinc wrote:it seems that one of the greatest,if not the greatest, achievement of science was the dematerialisation of matter.Having knocked Humpty Dumpty off the wall,it seems it is now desperately trying to put it all togetrher again as dark matter or hidden matter etc whilst desperately trying not to accept Mind over Matter - twinc
“The ultimate cause of atheism, Newton asserted, is ‘this notion of bodies having, as it were, a complete, absolute and independent reality in themselves.’”.
The 1925 discovery of quantum
mechanics solved the problem of the Uni-verse’s nature. Bright physicists were again
led to believe the unbelievable — this time,
that the Universe is mental. According to
Sir James Jeans: “the stream of knowledge
is heading towards a non-mechanical real-ity ; the Universe begins to look more like a
great thought than like a great machine.
Mind no longer appears to be an acciden-tal intruder into the realm of matter... we
ought rather hail it as the creator and gov-ernor of the realm of matter.” But physi-cists have not yet followed Galileo’s
example, and convinced everyone of the
wonders of quantum mechanics. As Sir
Arthur Eddington explained: “It is diffi-cult for the matter-of-fact physicist to
accept the view that the substratum of
everything is of mental character
http://henry.pha.jhu.edu/The.mental.universe.pdf

IF the universe behaves like a great thought, I wonder why alot of scientists have a hard time admitting the truth to themselves :shakehead: . What was it that was said in Genesis? IN the beginning was the word, and the word was with God and the word is God" What other being but God could have thought the world into existence.
:)
Byblos
Old School

Post by Byblos »

bippy123 wrote:
twinc wrote:it seems that one of the greatest,if not the greatest, achievement of science was the dematerialisation of matter.Having knocked Humpty Dumpty off the wall,it seems it is now desperately trying to put it all togetrher again as dark matter or hidden matter etc whilst desperately trying not to accept Mind over Matter - twinc
“The ultimate cause of atheism, Newton asserted, is ‘this notion of bodies having, as it were, a complete, absolute and independent reality in themselves.’”.
mechanics solved the problem of the Uni-verse’s nature. Bright physicists were again
is heading towards a non-mechanical real-ity ; the Universe begins to look more like a
Mind no longer appears to be an acciden-tal intruder into the realm of matter... we
ought rather hail it as the creator and gov-ernor of the realm of matter.” But physi-cists have not yet followed Galileo’s
Arthur Eddington explained: “It is diffi-cult for the matter-of-fact physicist to

IF the universe behaves like a great thought, I wonder why alot of scientists have a hard time admitting the truth to themselves :shakehead: . What was it that was said in Genesis? IN the beginning was the word, and the word was with God and the word is God" What other being but God could have thought the world into existence.
Lol, Bippy that wasn't Genesis, it's John 1:1 but we all know what you meant. :lol:
Let us proclaim the mystery of our faith: Christ has died, Christ is risen, Christ will come again.

Lord I am not worthy that you should enter under my roof, but only say the word and my soul shall be healed.
bippy123
Prestigious Senior Member
Creation Position: Day-Age

Post by bippy123 »

Opps your right Byblos, my bad. Another case of my typing fingers getting ahead of my brain hehe
twinc
Established Member
Creation Position: Young-Earth Creationist

Post by twinc »

bippy123 wrote:Opps your right Byblos, my bad. Another case of my typing fingers getting ahead of my brain hehe
not really - it is accepted that Genesis means "in the beginning" - no regrets,have no regrets - in Genesis [the beginning] was the word and the word said let there be light etc - twinc
1over137
Technical Admin
Sex: Female
Creation Position: Undecided

Post by 1over137 »

bippy123 wrote:

Please, refer to http://discussions.godandscience.org/vi ... 45#p119743
But examine everything carefully; hold fast to that which is good.
-- 1 Thessalonians 5:21

For I am confident of this very thing, that He who began a good work in you will perfect it until the day of Christ Jesus.
-- Philippians 1:6

#foreverinmyheart
1over137
Technical Admin
Sex: Female
Creation Position: Undecided

Post by 1over137 »

Hi twinc.

What do you mean by dematerialisation of matter?
But examine everything carefully; hold fast to that which is good.
-- 1 Thessalonians 5:21

For I am confident of this very thing, that He who began a good work in you will perfect it until the day of Christ Jesus.
-- Philippians 1:6

#foreverinmyheart