The Flat Earth Myth

Discussion about scientific issues as they relate to God and Christianity including archaeology, origins of life, the universe, intelligent design, evolution, etc.
secretfire6
Established Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Day-Age

Re: The Flat Earth Myth

Post by secretfire6 »

Furstentum Liechtenstein wrote:
secretfire6 wrote:haha you guys crack me up. I'll be in Texas in a few weeks. I'll report any flatness i see when i return 8)
What will you be doing in Texas? Is the Department of Corrections transfering you to a penitentiary there for your trial?

FL
Close! :) im going down there to stake out the joint and see if it would be a good place to move to. I'm looking in the San Antonio area for jobs, cost of living, commutes, etc.. I grew up in So cal desert valley so i should be ok with the climate. Maybe I'll meet a nice girl there too.

I better pack my twine, bubble level and plum bob too. Gotta go old school since i dont have a transit level handy.
bippy123
Prestigious Senior Member

Post by bippy123 »

Guys I feel my head getting kind of flat lately, does that count as evidence?
Opps that's because I lost my hair :mrgreen:
There goes that theory lol
twinc
Established Member
Creation Position: Young-Earth Creationist

Post by twinc »

inlovewiththe44 wrote:
Rob wrote:
TESTS DESIGNED BY ROUND EARTHERS!!!
It's a conspiracy!
I've been saying it's a conspiracy for a long time now. G.L.O.W. is a powerful organization backed by the CIA, and both have vested interests in the Round Earth Myth (REM, also a type of sleep.)

The earth is FLat
much a do be do about nothing - twinc
Danieltwotwenty
Ultimate Member
Creation Position: Theistic Evolution

Post by Danieltwotwenty »

twinc wrote:
inlovewiththe44 wrote:
Rob wrote:
TESTS DESIGNED BY ROUND EARTHERS!!!
It's a conspiracy!
I've been saying it's a conspiracy for a long time now. G.L.O.W. is a powerful organization backed by the CIA, and both have vested interests in the Round Earth Myth (REM, also a type of sleep.)

The earth is FLat
much a do be do about nothing - twinc
CIA? :shock:
1Tim1:15-17
Here is a trustworthy saying that deserves full acceptance: Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners of whom I am the worst. But for that very reason I was shown mercy so that in me, the worst of sinners, Christ Jesus might display his immense patience as an example for those who would believe in him and receive eternal life. Now to the King eternal, immortal, invisible, the only God, be honor and glory for ever and ever.Amen.
Furstentum Liechtenstein
Ultimate Member
Sex: It's Complicated

Post by Furstentum Liechtenstein »

Danieltwotwenty wrote:
CIA? :shock:
Are you asking a question or expressing concern?

FL
Hold everything lightly. If you don't, it will hurt when God pries your fingers loose as He takes it from you. -Corrie Ten Boom

+ + +

If they had a social gospel in the days of the prodigal son, somebody would have given him a bed and a sandwich and he never would have gone home.

+ + +
twinc
Established Member

Post by twinc »

a lot of do be do and not to do be do about nothing - twinc
Furstentum Liechtenstein
Ultimate Member
Sex: It's Complicated

Post by Furstentum Liechtenstein »

twinc wrote:a lot of do be do and not to do be do about nothing - twinc
FOOL!

www.theflatearthsociety.org

FL
Hold everything lightly. If you don't, it will hurt when God pries your fingers loose as He takes it from you. -Corrie Ten Boom

+ + +

If they had a social gospel in the days of the prodigal son, somebody would have given him a bed and a sandwich and he never would have gone home.

+ + +
secretfire6
Established Member

Post by secretfire6 »

FOOL!

http://www.theflatearthsociety.org

FL
I'm wondering if that's a satire site. most people in their forums dont believe in a flat earth or do so in obvious jest. I wonder how the flat earth model explains the phenomina of it being early morning in Florida, while being dark of night in California. y:-?
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

secretfire6 wrote:
FOOL!

http://www.theflatearthsociety.org

FL
I'm wondering if that's a satire site. most people in their forums dont believe in a flat earth or do so in obvious jest. I wonder how the flat earth model explains the phenomina of it being early morning in Florida, while being dark of night in California. y:-?
It's not a satire site. And, they have an answer for every question one could think of. It's actually quite bizarre.
John 5:24
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

“A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves.”
-Edward R Murrow

St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony
secretfire6
Established Member

Post by secretfire6 »

yeah im seeing that now and seeing that their answers fail miserably, the few that they have anyway. Mostly all i read is them answering with conspiracy, avoidance or "your just wrong about everything and I'm right". Sounds like someone else we know. Everything that I've read so far in support for their theory is scientifically and mathematically incorrect or would only work for hyper specific, theoretical times and places. for example they claim they have calculated the distance from earth to the sun at 3,000 miles, but their math only works if you are standing on the equatoe during the equinox. Any other day or any other location doesn't work...and yet they don't seem to care.

I'm just blown away that people really believe this and honestly can't see the reality they live in everyday. This makes the idea that people all over the world will follow one evil leader in the end times even more of a frightening reality.
goraikkonen
Newbie Member

Post by goraikkonen »

There are certain things science has been able to show us about our world that we didn't understand before because we couldn't. Science has been a great vehicle for us to better understand God's world, and is by no means proof that religion is wrong as many would suggest. So to answer your question, no. Don't believe untrue things religious leaders say about God's world that you know are fact.