More people believe in aliens then God?

Discussions amongst Christians about life issues, walking with Christ, and general Christian topics that don't fit under any other area.
imoneru?
Familiar Member
Christian: No
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Undecided

Re: More people believe in aliens then God?

Post by imoneru? »

Gabrielman wrote:I often wonder if we love foot ball more than God. People paint themselves, get all excited, and even bow down to their teams coach. It was once said that foot ball in the largest secular religion on earth. People get pumped to see the games, and they spend oh so much on them, but for God, what will they do. They will fight over their teams, and even in some cases kill over them, but would they go so far for God? They seem to have more faith in foot ball than in God. Just my 2 cents though. Foot ball is seasonal, so they can't be that way year round..... can they?
No then they have to turn to Baseball or Basketball
Gabrielman
Advanced Senior Member
Christian: Yes

Post by Gabrielman »

imoneru? wrote:No then they have to turn to Baseball or Basketball
Sad but true.... God save us all.
Once I was trapped in a perpetual night, without even a star to light the sky. Now I stand in the glory of the Son, and not even a faint shadow of darkness remains.
jlay
Ultimate Member
Creation Position: Young-Earth Creationist

Post by jlay »

As a former football idolater I have some very strong views regarding this subject.
-“The Bible treated allegorically becomes putty in the hands of the exegete.” John Walvoord

"I'm not saying scientists don't overstate their results. They do. And it's understandable, too...If you spend years working toward a certain goal and make no progress, of course you are going to spin your results in a positive light." Ivellious
ageofknowledge
Esteemed Senior Member
Creation Position: Day-Age

Post by ageofknowledge »

I believe in aliens. We may have up to 20,000,000 or more of them wandering the country this very minute.
Byblos
Old School

Post by Byblos »

jlay wrote:As a former football idolater I have some very strong views regarding this subject.
Why y'all hatin' on my football for cryin' out loud :crying:. I'm feeling very depressed right about now.
Let us proclaim the mystery of our faith: Christ has died, Christ is risen, Christ will come again.

Lord I am not worthy that you should enter under my roof, but only say the word and my soul shall be healed.
jlay
Ultimate Member

Post by jlay »

Maybe that is conviction.
-“The Bible treated allegorically becomes putty in the hands of the exegete.” John Walvoord

"I'm not saying scientists don't overstate their results. They do. And it's understandable, too...If you spend years working toward a certain goal and make no progress, of course you are going to spin your results in a positive light." Ivellious
Byblos
Old School

Post by Byblos »

jlay wrote:Maybe that is conviction.
No doubt (conviction that I love football). I must confess (in more ways than one) sometimes I find myself wishing the priest would make his homily just a little shorter so I can make the Sunday pre-game show. But only if the topic is boring :lol:.
Let us proclaim the mystery of our faith: Christ has died, Christ is risen, Christ will come again.

Lord I am not worthy that you should enter under my roof, but only say the word and my soul shall be healed.
jlay
Ultimate Member

Post by jlay »

i still enjoy football. It is just great how God helped me to put in its proper place.

If we could the chruch as excited about the gospel as many who are excited about sports. Watch out.

Byblos
Old School

Post by Byblos »

jlay wrote:i still enjoy football. It is just great how God helped me to put in its proper place.

If we could the chruch as excited about the gospel as many who are excited about sports. Watch out.
Truer words were never typed. :clap:

Dudeacus97
Established Member
Creation Position: Theistic Evolution

Post by Dudeacus97 »

Then again, it's on Yahoo, so they probably researched it using a survey on Yahoo. Just look at Yahoo answers. Those places are crawling with atheists.
"Christianity has always embraced both reason and faith."
-Dinesh D'Souza

"Stop listening to John Lennon and start listening to John Lennox! What about a world without the atheists? A word with no Stalin, no Mao, no Pol Pot? A world with no Gulag, no Cultural Revolution, no Killing Fields? Wouldn't that be a world worth dreaming about?"
-John Lennox
Callisto
Established Member
Sex: Female
Creation Position: Theistic Evolution

Post by Callisto »

Dudeacus97 wrote:Then again, it's on Yahoo, so they probably researched it using a survey on Yahoo. Just look at Yahoo answers. Those places are crawling with atheists.
MSN (MSNBC) is even worse. Holy cow....