Scientists apparently recreate primordial big bang

Discussion about scientific issues as they relate to God and Christianity including archaeology, origins of life, the universe, intelligent design, evolution, etc.
cubeus19
Established Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Day-Age

Scientists apparently recreate primordial big bang

Post by cubeus19 »

http://news.yahoo.com/primordial-soup-b ... 42484.html

Anyone know if this could have implications for God's existence????? This kinda makes me nervous.
Byblos
Old School

Re: Scientists apparently recreate primordial big bang

Post by Byblos »

cubeus19 wrote:http://news.yahoo.com/primordial-soup-b ... 42484.html

Anyone know if this could have implications for God's existence????? This kinda makes me nervous.
What reason could you possibly have for being nervous? So what if it's true? All it would mean is that science may have discovered how God did it. Fantastic for our ingenuity as a species but says absolutely nothing about the existence of God.
Let us proclaim the mystery of our faith: Christ has died, Christ is risen, Christ will come again.

Lord I am not worthy that you should enter under my roof, but only say the word and my soul shall be healed.
PaulSacramento
Board Moderator
Creation Position: Theistic Evolution

Post by PaulSacramento »

All that means is that the "primordial soup" that happened after the Big Bang can be re-created, ie: it was created and can be re-created now via modern technology.
Now, IF this primordial soup just happened to happen without any external influence, then, maybe, you can have the argument that God wasn't needed ( though since it was the BG that caused the soup to occur you would still have that issue).
That Man can now re-create was happened just shows that it took a CREATIVE process to do it.
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member
Creation Position: Day-Age

Post by RickD »

cubeus19 wrote:http://news.yahoo.com/primordial-soup-b ... 42484.html

I'd worry more about the Obama advertisements in the article. If he gets re-elected, that could have implications for our country's existence. Now, that makes me nervous. :pound:
John 5:24
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

“A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves.”
-Edward R Murrow

St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony
jlay
Ultimate Member
Creation Position: Young-Earth Creationist

Post by jlay »

I didn't hear anything?

Big bang?
-“The Bible treated allegorically becomes putty in the hands of the exegete.” John Walvoord

"I'm not saying scientists don't overstate their results. They do. And it's understandable, too...If you spend years working toward a certain goal and make no progress, of course you are going to spin your results in a positive light." Ivellious
Pierson5
Established Member
Christian: No
Creation Position: I don't believe in creation

Post by Pierson5 »

Byblos wrote: Fantastic for our ingenuity as a species but says absolutely nothing about the existence of God.
Live a good life. If there are gods and they are just, then they will not care how devout you have been, but will welcome you based on the virtues you have lived by. If there are gods, but unjust, then you should not want to worship them. If there are no gods, then you will be gone, but will have lived a noble life that will live on in the memories of your loved ones.
-Marcus Aurelius