Please Introduce Yourself Here

Whether you are new or just lurking, take a moment to introduce yourself or discuss something general.
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Day-Age

Re: Please Introduce Yourself Here

Post by RickD »

sky wrote:hey RickD, so you are the Holy Spirit eh? :)
But seriously, when I registered I agreed to
follow the rules of behaviour. Not trusting us?

sky :)
We're only being a little cautious, because you're Canadian. ;)
John 5:24
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

“A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves.”
-Edward R Murrow

St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony
Murray
Esteemed Senior Member
Creation Position: Undecided

Post by Murray »

Hello, my name is Ryan Murray. I'm back from my extended vacation from the forum! Hozah!
in nomine patri et fili spiritu sancte
Danieltwotwenty
Ultimate Member
Creation Position: Theistic Evolution

Post by Danieltwotwenty »

Murray wrote:Hello, my name is Ryan Murray. I'm back from my extended vacation from the forum! Hozah!

Welcome back Murray, God has blessed you with a renewed vigor.

Dan
1Tim1:15-17
Here is a trustworthy saying that deserves full acceptance: Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners of whom I am the worst. But for that very reason I was shown mercy so that in me, the worst of sinners, Christ Jesus might display his immense patience as an example for those who would believe in him and receive eternal life. Now to the King eternal, immortal, invisible, the only God, be honor and glory for ever and ever.Amen.
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

Murray wrote:Hello, my name is Ryan Murray. I'm back from my extended vacation from the forum! Hozah!
Is that a picture of you, in your avatar? :mrgreen: Welcome back, Ryan Murray!
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

-Edward R Murrow

snorider
Established Member
Christian: No

Hello

Post by snorider »

Greetings,

My name is Jordan,

I am new to the boards, I would like to Introduce myself now that I know that my posts are being approved.

I grew up in a typical mid-western family, I was a confirmed Catholic.

I have been engaged in a conversation for some time with a member from this site.
Hence, via recommendation I found myself here.

I am currently non-religious, but I am open minded.

Thanks,
Jordan
Byblos
Old School

Re: Hello

Post by Byblos »

Hi Jordan, I've moved your post here where it is more appropriate for introductions.

Welcome to the site. :wave:
Let us proclaim the mystery of our faith: Christ has died, Christ is risen, Christ will come again.

Lord I am not worthy that you should enter under my roof, but only say the word and my soul shall be healed.
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

Welcome Jordan. :D

-Edward R Murrow

Tholossi
Newbie Member

Post by Tholossi »

Hi, I'm Tholossi. I'm a 17-year old boy from Norway studying music(bass guitar and upright bass). I've been an Christian all my life, and have gone to christian schools the last four years. I feel one of the thing God has blessed me with most is an enormous amount of evidence for his existence. I consider myself a critical thinker and a good debater and the reason I'm here is to become a better debater so I hopefully can -if not convert people to the faith, at least make as many as possible get an interest in God and help them in their search for Jesus.
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

Welcome to the board Tholossi.

Can I ask how it's possible that you've been a Christian all of your life? Did you accept Christ in your mom's womb? :lol:

-Edward R Murrow

Murray
Esteemed Senior Member
Creation Position: Undecided

Post by Murray »

Ich bin Schnappi, das kleine Krokodil
Komm aus Ägypten,das liegt direkt am Nil
Zuerst lag ich in einem Ei
dann schni-,schna-,schnappte ich mich frei

Schni Schna Schnappi
Schnappi Schnappi Schnapp
Schni Schna Schnappi
Schnappi Schnappi Schnapp
in nomine patri et fili spiritu sancte
Tholossi
Newbie Member

Post by Tholossi »

RickD wrote:Welcome to the board Tholossi.

Can I ask how it's possible that you've been a Christian all of your life? Did you accept Christ in your mom's womb? :lol:
Both of my parents are christian, and they told me about christianity and alike since before I can remember. I never made a conscious choice that I can remember about becoming a christian, I've just "always believed" :P
B. W.
Ultimate Member

Post by B. W. »

Tholossi wrote:
RickD wrote:Welcome to the board Tholossi.

Both of my parents are christian, and they told me about christianity and alike since before I can remember. I never made a conscious choice that I can remember about becoming a christian, I've just "always believed" :P
Welcome to the board...
Science is man's invention - creation is God's
(by B. W. Melvin)

Old Polish Proverb:
Not my Circus....not my monkeys
jdjprimer19
Newbie Member

Post by jdjprimer19 »

Hello folks. I am a current Christian who has struggled with doubts and skepticism. I've recently been turned on to Apologetics and hope to progress onwards with my faith.
opus649
Familiar Member
Creation Position: Theistic Evolution

Post by opus649 »

Hi, I'm Mike, and it's taken me 37 years to reach a point where I no longer have any strong convictions about anything. So yeah, that's fun.

I grew up with zero religious teaching, believed I was "saved" at 17 by "giving my life to Christ", and then followed this path:

"Born again" Christian -> Agnostic -> Atheist -> Agnostic -> Deist -> Confused

I want to believe in God. For whatever reason, though, I have a natural inclination to require reasonable arguments for me to believe anything. As such, I tend to find answers provided by science to be much easier to accept than most apologetics. I'm willing to accept that my position might be flawed... but I look at anyone who thinks they "know" the "truth" with a lot of skepticism. There's a reason that there is no single "Christian" view of God and Jesus -- there is simply too much left up to interpretation. And anyone who insists that their interpretation is the one "true" interpretation is, in my humble opinion, not to be trusted.

Proverbs 16:18

I apologize for my introduction not being particularly pithy... but reading this should definitely give you a good idea of what I'm like. y>:D<
Kurieuo
Honored Member
Creation Position: Progressive Creationist

Post by Kurieuo »

Welcome all newcomers.
opus649 wrote:Hi, I'm Mike, and it's taken me 37 years to reach a point where I no longer have any strong convictions about anything. So yeah, that's fun.

I grew up with zero religious teaching, believed I was "saved" at 17 by "giving my life to Christ", and then followed this path:

"Born again" Christian -> Agnostic -> Atheist -> Agnostic -> Deist -> Confused

I want to believe in God. For whatever reason, though, I have a natural inclination to require reasonable arguments for me to believe anything. As such, I tend to find answers provided by science to be much easier to accept than most apologetics. I'm willing to accept that my position might be flawed... but I look at anyone who thinks they "know" the "truth" with a lot of skepticism. There's a reason that there is no single "Christian" view of God and Jesus -- there is simply too much left up to interpretation. And anyone who insists that their interpretation is the one "true" interpretation is, in my humble opinion, not to be trusted.

Proverbs 16:18

I apologize for my introduction not being particularly pithy... but reading this should definitely give you a good idea of what I'm like. y>:D<
Be interested personally to know what turned you back to Deism and why you stop short of Theism?