Another thought/question

Are you a sincere seeker who has questions about Christianity, or a Christian with doubts about your faith? Post them here to receive a thoughtful response.
amyjo5995
Acquainted Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Female
Creation Position: Day-Age

Another thought/question

Post by amyjo5995 »

I've been reading more about the whole Chik-fil-a "scandal" and it has me thinking more and more. y:-? This thought popped into my head. You have all of these people, gay and straight alike, that support gays and homosexuals that use the excuse that God doesn't make mistakes and He made me like this, so it can't be a sin! So, it got me thinking, just like God used Judas to fulfill scripture, Judas had to betray Jesus in order for it to be fulfilled, and God created Judas. Judas wasn't a mistake, because he had a "job" to do. Do you think that God has created gays this way, in order for the world to become like it has, to make this "rift", because it says in scripture, that Christians will be persecuted. And, it sure seems that we are being persecuted more and more! It seems that everyone else in the world- gays, blacks, mormons, muslims, etc- can express their views and beliefs and we are all supposed to fall in line, but a Christian expresses their views and beliefs and they are ganged up on and called haters and bigots. I know we aren't being persecuted to the point like they were in Biblical times, but if this keeps up, it might happen again. Any thoughts? y:-?
Ivellious
Esteemed Senior Member
Christian: No
Sex: Male
Creation Position: I don't believe in creation

Re: Another thought/question

Post by Ivellious »

The only thing I'm concerned about is how you could include "blacks" in as if they are some sort of group that Christian are against.

Also, I've never heard any gay person say that they are gay because God screwed up with them. They say that God created them that way intentionally, or that they were specifically designed to be the way they are. There's a big difference between someone being a mistake by God and someone being made by God to be different.

And finally, while I've said it here before and got shot down, I'll say it again. I think the whole "anti-Christian bias" thing is totally overblown, at least in America. I think lots of Christians interpret an increasingly secular society as "anti-Christian" when, in my opinion, we have simply started moving away from being "anti-everything-that-isn't-Christian." I mean, seriously, if Christian want to know what bias really is, they should look at Muslims, Hispanic people, and in many parts of the country gay people. Those are the ones who actually have something to complain about in this country.
amyjo5995
Acquainted Member
Sex: Female

Post by amyjo5995 »

I wasn't meaning blacks as in a group that Christians are against. I meant as a group that, along with the other groups, have the right to state their beliefs and views and no one says any thing against them, but a Christian or a Christian organization says something to speak up about their beliefs and they are called haters and bigots.

And, I'm not saying a gay person has ever said God screwed up with them, I'm saying that you hear the excuse, when the "other side" says that homosexuality is a sin, they say "God made me the way I am, and so it can't be a sin".

But, this country is catering more and more to every one that cries foul. Politicians, businesses, people in general seem to be tip-toeing around, afraid they are going to hurt someones feelings if they don't agree 100% with some of these groups. Makes me wonder how many people think or believe one way, but are afraid to stand up for what they believe or feel to be right and instead fall in with what groups are pushing to be the "Norm".
B. W.
Ultimate Member

Post by B. W. »

First the Chic Fil A is a controversy and not a scandal. No employment discriminations laws have been broken by Chic Fil A.

There is no scandal, only one man’s words being called into question, whose own right to free speech is being squashed and that is the real scandal here.

The owner and Moderators here on this forum all believe that Marriage is defined between one man and one woman – does that also make us criminals worthy of crucifixion/death in the public square? Who is really attacking whom? We forbid no homosexual coming on this forum.

It is God who defines the behavior of homosexuals as sin, so therefore, please wait till you see God on Judgment day to discuss rights with him as at that time all points of view will be answered as God explains why homosexuality is a sin fairly and without controversy: so take this matter to him when you see him, which you will one day see him face to face.
-
-
-
Science is man's invention - creation is God's
(by B. W. Melvin)

Old Polish Proverb:
Not my Circus....not my monkeys
Ivellious
Esteemed Senior Member
Christian: No
Creation Position: I don't believe in creation

Post by Ivellious »

I would agree that the chik-fil-a thing has been blown out of proportion. As you say, as long as they don't start asking for your sexual orientation on applications or at the cash register, there really isn't too much to get angry over. It can be problematic when you apply your own personal/political views to your company, as the owner found out in this case. But I feel like it will blow over quickly enough, and I highly doubt there will be any significant financial woes on the part of the company.
Furstentum Liechtenstein
Ultimate Member
Sex: It's Complicated
Creation Position: Young-Earth Creationist

Post by Furstentum Liechtenstein »

Being stuck here in Canada where Chick-Fil-A doesn't exist, may I ask what kind of chicken do they serve? Is is like KFC?

FL
Hold everything lightly. If you don't, it will hurt when God pries your fingers loose as He takes it from you. -Corrie Ten Boom

+ + +

If they had a social gospel in the days of the prodigal son, somebody would have given him a bed and a sandwich and he never would have gone home.

+ + +
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

Furstentum Liechtenstein wrote:Being stuck here in Canada where Chick-Fil-A doesn't exist, may I ask what kind of chicken do they serve? Is is like KFC?

FL
Here, FL:menu

IMO, they have the best fast food chicken sandwich around here. y=P~
And, the best customer service in the industry. ;)
John 5:24
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

“A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves.”
-Edward R Murrow

St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony
Furstentum Liechtenstein
Ultimate Member

RickD wrote:IMO, they have the best fast food chicken sandwich around here.
Thanks! I used the store locator on the site you provided a link to and found that I will be able to visit the Chick-fil-A restauraunt at 210 Andover St., Peabody, Maine in two weeks or so as I'll be passing through on my way to gay Provincetown :roses:

FL
Hold everything lightly. If you don't, it will hurt when God pries your fingers loose as He takes it from you. -Corrie Ten Boom

+ + +

If they had a social gospel in the days of the prodigal son, somebody would have given him a bed and a sandwich and he never would have gone home.

+ + +
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

Furstentum Liechtenstein wrote:
RickD wrote:IMO, they have the best fast food chicken sandwich around here.
Thanks! I used the store locator on the site you provided a link to and found that I will be able to visit the Chick-fil-A restauraunt at 210 Andover St., Peabody, Maine in two weeks or so as I'll be passing through on my way to gay Provincetown :roses:

FL
FL, I think you mean Peabody, Massachusetts. And, I think you'll really enjoy Provincetown. Your sense of humor will really go over well there. You might not want to do your usual "cross dressing" there, because they might get the wrong idea about you. y:-?
John 5:24
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

“A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves.”
-Edward R Murrow

St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony
Furstentum Liechtenstein
Ultimate Member

RickD wrote: FL, I think you mean Peabody, Massachusetts. And, I think you'll really enjoy Provincetown. Your sense of humor will really go over well there. You might not want to do your usual "cross dressing" there, because they might get the wrong idea about you. y:-?
You're right again! I assumed that the MA in the restaurant's address meant Maine!

I find your comments about Provincetown very queer. If you attempting humor, be advised that it is quite limp wristed.

FL

+ + +

+ + +