As promised... The End Times

Are you a sincere seeker who has questions about Christianity, or a Christian with doubts about your faith? Post them here to receive a thoughtful response.
ultimate777
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Undecided

As promised... The End Times

Post by ultimate777 »

I think The End Times may not come for thousands of years. I suspect one day, later would be better than sooner, hopefully after at least a dozen centuries, the present State of Israel will fall. Centuries later a new Jewish State, maybe not the very next one by any means, will emerge to help fufill prophecy.

Also, I have heard more times than I can count that Mathew, Mark, and Luke were written in the belief the The End Times were coming in the next 60 or 70 years or so, but John was not written in that belief.
Zionist
Established Member
Creation Position: Day-Age

Re: As promised... The End Times

Post by Zionist »

so what exactly is your question cuz i don't see it?
are you just telling us your view on end times or are you trying to ask a question in the form of a non-question? plz explain thnx.
Our rightousness is of filthy rags and in the eyes of God all have gone astray and nobody is justified under the Law. We are saved by the Grace of God through our faith in Him and in Him who he has sent Jesus Christ alone. There is no other way.
PaulSacramento
Board Moderator
Creation Position: Theistic Evolution

Post by PaulSacramento »

ultimate777 wrote:I think The End Times may not come for thousands of years. I suspect one day, later would be better than sooner, hopefully after at least a dozen centuries, the present State of Israel will fall. Centuries later a new Jewish State, maybe not the very next one by any means, will emerge to help fufill prophecy.

Also, I have heard more times than I can count that Mathew, Mark, and Luke were written in the belief the The End Times were coming in the next 60 or 70 years or so, but John was not written in that belief.
The end of time prophecised by Jesus in the synoptics had to do with the end of times for Jerusalem and the Temple, NOT the whole world.
Zionist
Established Member

Post by Zionist »

@paul
that is not necessarily true my friend and let me explain plz. i am in no way doubting that what Christ said was about the impending destruction of the temple but i also feel and as evidenced in what He says He was also talking about the End of the world as we know it. what do i mean? i always say that God has the ability of hitting one million birds with one stone. i feel and know that Christ was referencing multiple periods of time in his answers to His disciples. He was using a future scenario of which they were aware of but were confused on (the day of the Lord) to describe what would happen to them and use it to correlate the end times to a future generation by using events that would transpire in the disciples lifetime. Christ would paint a picture for a future generation of what they could expect to happen to them or in their generation based on what happened to the disciples but on a grander scale. Christ does describe the events leading to His second coming so it is obvious that Christ was speaking to two generations in two different periods of time using events that would happen to the disciples and events that would happen to a future generation to help paint a picture to both generations of events that would occur. in essence he was answering questions pertaining to two different periods of time in his answers. im sure the disciples didn't know the questions they asked pertained to different time periods. they probably felt all things would happen in their life time hence why they asked Christ what they did in the beginning of Acts. i really hope i explained that well enough lol
Our rightousness is of filthy rags and in the eyes of God all have gone astray and nobody is justified under the Law. We are saved by the Grace of God through our faith in Him and in Him who he has sent Jesus Christ alone. There is no other way.
ultimate777

Post by ultimate777 »

Zionist wrote:so what exactly is your question cuz i don't see it?
are you just telling us your view on end times or are you trying to ask a question in the form of a non-question? plz explain thnx.
I was making a statement. Replies on point appreciated pro or con.
ultimate777

Post by ultimate777 »

If all threads are to suppopsed to be in the form of a question I am sorry for violaing that ):
Zionist
Established Member

Post by Zionist »

ultimate777 wrote:
If all threads are to suppopsed to be in the form of a question I am sorry for violaing that ):
wasn't trying to be a jerk or anything just wasn't sure why you were posting your thoughts on the end times in the questions for christians section and thought that maybe you were trying to ask something but left something out without realizing it. sorry if it seemed to come off as rude i assure you it wasn't.
Gman
Old School

Post by Gman »

I'll give you a little hint... It starts with Israel and it ends with Israel.. The King of all nations... :P
The heart cannot rejoice in what the mind rejects as false - Galileo

We learn from history that we do not learn from history - Georg Friedrich Wilhelm Hegel

Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable, if anything is excellent or praiseworthy, think about such things. -Philippians 4:8
ultimate777

Post by ultimate777 »

Zionist wrote:
ultimate777 wrote:
wasn't trying to be a jerk or anything just wasn't sure why you were posting your thoughts on the end times in the questions for christians section and thought that maybe you were trying to ask something but left something out without realizing it. sorry if it seemed to come off as rude i assure you it wasn't.

No harm done. Did not think you were a jerk.
ultimate777

Post by ultimate777 »

Gman wrote:I'll give you a little hint... It starts with Israel and it ends with Israel.. The King of all nations... :P
And what does that mean?
ultimate777

Post by ultimate777 »

Zionist wrote:@paul
that is not necessarily true my friend and let me explain plz. i am in no way doubting that what Christ said was about the impending destruction of the temple but i also feel and as evidenced in what He says He was also talking about the End of the world as we know it. what do i mean? i always say that God has the ability of hitting one million birds with one stone. i feel and know that Christ was referencing multiple periods of time in his answers to His disciples. He was using a future scenario of which they were aware of but were confused on (the day of the Lord) to describe what would happen to them and use it to correlate the end times to a future generation by using events that would transpire in the disciples lifetime. Christ would paint a picture for a future generation of what they could expect to happen to them or in their generation based on what happened to the disciples but on a grander scale. Christ does describe the events leading to His second coming so it is obvious that Christ was speaking to two generations in two different periods of time using events that would happen to the disciples and events that would happen to a future generation to help paint a picture to both generations of events that would occur. in essence he was answering questions pertaining to two different periods of time in his answers. im sure the disciples didn't know the questions they asked pertained to different time periods. they probably felt all things would happen in their life time hence why they asked Christ what they did in the beginning of Acts. i really hope i explained that well enough lol

Except for maybe the first two or three sentences I have no idea what you are talking about.
PaulSacramento
Board Moderator
Creation Position: Theistic Evolution

Post by PaulSacramento »

Zionist wrote:@paul
I don't doubt that there was MORE to it than the fall of Jerusalem, since the fall of Jerusalem was used as an example of what DOES happen to all that do NOT take Christ as Saviour and follow His path.
The core prophecy was about Jerusalem and Israel, hence the mention of "this generation" BUT within it was a warning for all people and nations of what will happen if they don't follow the teachings and we are all witness to that fact that, YES, that is indeed the case.
IMO at least.