Science is based on?

Discussion about scientific issues as they relate to God and Christianity including archaeology, origins of life, the universe, intelligent design, evolution, etc.
TRussert
Newbie Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Theistic Evolution

Re: Science is based on?

Post by TRussert »

Sorry if this takes this in a new direction, but in the final analysis, science is based on ego, ignorance, vanity, and self righteousness; the "need" to disprove God and His creation.
The only reason science has any validity is because God has allowed it. It's the means by which rejection of God shows merit through free will. If we were not able to choose, there would be no science. JMHO.
Cheers!
KBCid
Christian: Yes
Creation Position: Undecided

Post by KBCid »

TRussert wrote:Sorry if this takes this in a new direction, but in the final analysis, science is based on ego, ignorance, vanity, and self righteousness; the "need" to disprove God and His creation. The only reason science has any validity is because God has allowed it. It's the means by which rejection of God shows merit through free will. If we were not able to choose, there would be no science. JMHO.
Cheers!

I'm sorry but science isn't all those things. Newton and I both know that a scientific method of observation will allow us to better understand our creator. It is those with a different belief system who fail to use science properly that make it appear bad.
It is as if some Christians sit there and wait for the smallest thing that they can dispute and then jump onto it...
The Bible says that we were each given an interpretation – this gift of interpretation is not there so we can run each other into the ground. It is there for our MUTUAL edification.
//www.allaboutgod.net/profiles/blogs/chri ... each-other
Ivellious
Esteemed Senior Member
Christian: No
Creation Position: I don't believe in creation

Post by Ivellious »

Sorry if this takes this in a new direction, but in the final analysis, science is based on ego, ignorance, vanity, and self righteousness; the "need" to disprove God and His creation.
The only reason science has any validity is because God has allowed it. It's the means by which rejection of God shows merit through free will. If we were not able to choose, there would be no science. JMHO.
Cheers!
Is this some kind of internet trolling? Because otherwise this is an awfully unintelligent, uninformed, and inflammatory comment that shows that you don't have a great grasp of reality. Beliefs like this would have us go back to the dark ages or earlier...And if this is what you truly believe, you ought to get off the electronic device you used to post this and reject modern medicine, both direct byproducts of, well, science!

You may want to re-evaluate your stance on this.
garb1919
Newbie Member
Christian: No

Post by garb1919 »

KBCid wrote:
TRussert wrote:Sorry if this takes this in a new direction, but in the final analysis, science is based on ego, ignorance, vanity, and self righteousness; the "need" to disprove God and His creation. The only reason science has any validity is because God has allowed it. It's the means by which rejection of God shows merit through free will. If we were not able to choose, there would be no science. JMHO.
Cheers!

I'm sorry but science isn't all those things. Newton and I both know that a scientific method of observation will allow us to better understand our creator. It is those with a different belief system who fail to use science properly that make it appear bad.
The sentence was also so meaningful for me, science is the endeavour for learning the reality, and the reality was created by GOD, we are allowed to advance in science as GOD allows. The washing machine or gravity would not be able to be invented much earlier because we were not allowed for those by GOD.