Disgusting

Discussions amongst Christians about life issues, walking with Christ, and general Christian topics that don't fit under any other area.
Furstentum Liechtenstein
Ultimate Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: It's Complicated
Creation Position: Young-Earth Creationist

Re: Disgusting

Post by Furstentum Liechtenstein »

Rob wrote:
Furstentum Liechtenstein wrote:Don't worry, nothing will come of this. Christians will just yawn.

Imagine if Muhammad was being insulted? I can hear the rocks flying, the glass shattering; I can smell the buildings burning, I can sense the panic as you barricade your home against the rioters...for such is the way of the world.

FL
How prophetic!
Well, I'm no prophet. Insult Muhammad and Muslims go crazy, that's just a given. Here is a heads up:

A French satirical magazine, Charlie Hebdo has just been released and it contains cartoons of Muhammad. Therefore, expect riots and mayhem.

FL

PS: already, Charlie Hebdo's website is down. I can't access it...
Hold everything lightly. If you don't, it will hurt when God pries your fingers loose as He takes it from you. -Corrie Ten Boom

+ + +

If they had a social gospel in the days of the prodigal son, somebody would have given him a bed and a sandwich and he never would have gone home.

+ + +
Murray
Esteemed Senior Member
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Undecided

Post by Murray »

Wow muslims killing people because there imams told them somebody insulted them, how unpredictable. You must have the god given gift of precognition FL.
in nomine patri et fili spiritu sancte
Proinsias
Advanced Senior Member
Christian: No
Creation Position: I don't believe in creation

Post by Proinsias »

Speaking to a close friend recently. His theory is that Christianity went through a period of responding to criticism rather violently, much the same as Islam is doing at the moment. Give Islam a few hundred more years to mature and your average Muslim may be as accepting and liberal as Furstentum Liechtenstein.

At 1500 years old Christianity was killing those who didn't agree, at 1500 years old Islam is doing the same.
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member
Creation Position: Day-Age

Post by RickD »

Speaking to a close friend recently. His theory is that Christianity went through a period of responding to criticism rather violently, much the same as Islam is doing at the moment. Give Islam a few hundred more years to mature and your average Muslim may be as accepting and liberal as Furstentum Liechtenstein.
:pound: :pound:
John 5:24
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

“A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves.”
-Edward R Murrow

St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony
Furstentum Liechtenstein
Ultimate Member

Proinsias wrote:Speaking to a close friend recently. His theory is that Christianity went through a period of responding to criticism rather violently, much the same as Islam is doing at the moment. Give Islam a few hundred more years to mature and your average Muslim may be as accepting and liberal as Furstentum Liechtenstein.

At 1500 years old Christianity was killing those who didn't agree, at 1500 years old Islam is doing the same.
Your friend is wrong...very wrong! In the year 500CE, not too many Christians were running amok! Advise your friend to think before he opines.

Anyway, France has closed a few of its embassies & consulates in Muslim countries and has stationed security personnel at others. Thankfully, Muslims are still foaming at the mouth about the American film Innocence of Muslims, so the reaction to Charlie Hebdo's cartoons is not as bad as anticipated.

Even so, it is just a time bomb that will go off eventually.

FL
Hold everything lightly. If you don't, it will hurt when God pries your fingers loose as He takes it from you. -Corrie Ten Boom

+ + +

If they had a social gospel in the days of the prodigal son, somebody would have given him a bed and a sandwich and he never would have gone home.

+ + +
Ivellious
Esteemed Senior Member
Christian: No
Creation Position: I don't believe in creation

Post by Ivellious »

500 CE, FL? Christianity would have been, what, 500 years old at that time? Christianity was 1500 years old in the mid-1500s, not the year 500.
Furstentum Liechtenstein
Ultimate Member

Ivellious wrote:500 CE, FL? Christianity would have been, what, 500 years old at that time? Christianity was 1500 years old in the mid-1500s, not the year 500.
Oh, yes! you're right! Well...I'll have to give the same answer for 1500CE: Christians were not running amok in 1500 either. You may want to check http://www.thereligionofpeace.com for the number of people murdered by Islam over the years. If that's not enough proof for you - atheists* never have enough proof when it hurts their cause - just try wearing a T-shirt with a caricature of Muhammed. You can find one at www.cafepress.com ...and send me the address of the funeral home where your body will be resting. I'll send flowers!

FL

*yes, you're not an atheist, I know! but from a biblical perspective, you are in the same boat.

+ + +

+ + +