Afterlife nightmare-ish scenario that's troubling me

Are you a sincere seeker who has questions about Christianity, or a Christian with doubts about your faith? Post them here to receive a thoughtful response.
cubeus19
Established Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Day-Age

Afterlife nightmare-ish scenario that's troubling me

Post by cubeus19 »

Hello, for the past few weeks I've been having these somewhat foolish but very scary thoughts about a scenario that keeps popping up in my mind regarding God and our eternal state as followers.

I guess what got me thinking this way was due to the months of conspiracy theory research that I did along with my studying of biblical eschatology. I was only studying biblical eschatology, the book of Revelation, and later all that led me into looking into popular conspiracy theories.

And when I mean conspiracy theories I mean things like the Illuminati, freemasonry, and zionism. After I got into that and got very confused and got my head hurting over that mess my mind flashed back to a older thread that was on here quite a long time ago from a poster who isn't or wasn't a regular and I don't even think I have seen them since this.

But I remember that poster basically saying that after doing so much research into religions and into conspiracy theories he was convinced that the God of this universe is satan.

Now when that guy posted that and when I read it, it was long before I knew about or studied about the current popular conspiracy theory stuff. And when I read that I just wonder how bat poop crazy that guy must be to post something that strange and so unsupported by the evidence.

But after I studied about the Illuminati and how they have existed possibly as long as back in biblical times and how they could be tied to the ancient Isrealites (although I don't see enough almost next to no evidence supporting this) regardless of how bad the evidence for it is, it planted one of those "what if" emotional seeds of doubt in me.

And what seems to trickle into my mind many times late at night I think to myself, what if when me and all the followers of Christ enter heaven and meet God and everything seems fine until God pulls of his "mask" to reveal that he's the evil one and then tortures all of us either in hell or in a hell like state for eternity.

Now the reason why I'm telling you all about this is I just want to make sure that for certain to the best of what you all know that there is NO EVIDENCE FOR THIS NIGHTMARISH SCENARIO. But if by ANY chance you all know of any evidence for this or that others you know about do let's examine it and cross examine it to make sure what kind of merit it has if any.

Because this is very serious if there really is any evidence for it. I hope to GOD the GOD OF LOVE that I believe in, the Christian God from what is revealed in the Bible is indeed the true God and who is not one that would play tricks on us.

Aside from the atheist of naturalist worldview being true and every human being after death going to a dark eternal state of nonexistence this scenario is either every bit as bad and possibly a little worse.

But I just wanted to get this out there, and examine it and get it off my chest and never have to think about it or worry about it again. So if you all have any comments or any encouragement for me as far as dealing with this frightening thoughts please let me know. Thank you for your time.
neo-x
Ultimate Member

Re: Afterlife nightmare-ish scenario that's troubling me

Post by neo-x »

These things as you have read them are grossly exaggerated. It is not more better than Dan brown's da vinci code. Just because it looks like its there, does not mean it happened that same way. My best friend is a conspiracy believer, Illuminati and stuff because he is impressed by how great a conspiracy it would have been if it were true, does not mean it is. I have seen that so called evidence, youtube videos and all that, but I just don't buy it.
It would be a blessing if they missed the cairns and got lost on the way back. Or if
the Thing on the ice got them tonight.

I could only turn and stare in horror at the chief surgeon.
Death by starvation is a terrible thing, Goodsir, continued Stanley.
And with that we went below to the flame-flickering Darkness of the lower deck
and to a cold almost the equal of the Dante-esque Ninth Circle Arctic Night
without.

//johnadavid.wordpress.com
cubeus19
Established Member

Post by cubeus19 »

Yeah I know and even many if not most of them don't imply that God is really satan, again that was just something that was triggered in my mind based from learning about all these different conspiracy theories. I'm just seeing if one, any of those conspiracy theorists really DO believe that God may really be satan or that if they do what evidence if any is there that would suggest such. Bottom line, I just want to sleep better at night and not give into such a frightening notion.
neo-x
Ultimate Member

Post by neo-x »

God cant be Satan, because Satan is created. If satan is God than he had to be created. You see the problem?

if Satan is god than technically no good can manifest in the world, wait, good indeed manifests in the world. :esmile:
It would be a blessing if they missed the cairns and got lost on the way back. Or if

without.

cubeus19
Established Member

Post by cubeus19 »

Well I guess what mostly worries me to be more honest is the slight possibility that freemasons and the illuminati were around since the beginning of time and if they have been around since the beginning of time then therefore they are somehow tied to God whether or not God is a God of love or opposite of love. But again, after I throw my emotion and fear aside and look at it logically, I see little to no evidence for such. In fact I think the Illuminati (if they are even real) were established on May 1st. 1776.
Proinsias
Advanced Senior Member
Christian: No
Creation Position: I don't believe in creation

Post by Proinsias »

neo-x wrote:God cant be Satan, because Satan is created. If satan is God than he had to be created. You see the problem?
Running with certain Gnostic thought processes what your average Christian would term 'God' is in fact not God but Satan, it's a misappropriation. God is uncreated, or without a beginning or however you want to put - the being who's portrayed in the OT as the creator of the material world is roughly analogous with Satan. Make sense? I'm not pushing this line of thought, just trying to give some clarification. Jesus is seen as the incarnation/embodiment of the true God come to liberate us from the evil material world created by Yaweh.
neo-x wrote:if Satan is god than technically no good can manifest in the world, wait, good indeed manifests in the world. :esmile:
And if God created the world then no evil can manifest in it..........oh wait evil does manifest in the world. One side has the problem of evil, the other the problem of good, apples and oranges from where I'm standing.
neo-x
Ultimate Member

Post by neo-x »

neo-x wrote:
if Satan is god than technically no good can manifest in the world, wait, good indeed manifests in the world.

And if God created the world then no evil can manifest in it..........oh wait evil does manifest in the world. One side has the problem of evil, the other the problem of good, apples and oranges from where I'm standing.
I meant as in satan has no good in himself, therefore if he is God then he cant have any good in the world.

If God created the world then yes evil can manifest because it is simply disobedience of God. As God has no evil in him same as satan has no good in him.

without.

Proinsias
Advanced Senior Member
Christian: No
Creation Position: I don't believe in creation

Post by Proinsias »

neo-x wrote: I meant as in satan has no good in himself, therefore if he is God then he cant have any good in the world.

If God created the world then yes evil can manifest because it is simply disobedience of God. As God has no evil in him same as satan has no good in him.
I was presuming the OP was talking about gnostic ideas which don't deny a good God, just that the God portrayed in the OT is evil. We have good in this evil material world as we are the children of a good God trapped in a evil world which is the creation of an evil being, and one into which the good God sent his son, Jesus. It is the reason for the extreme asceticism of the some of the gnostics.

Seems a bit of a double standard to claim that in a world created by a good God we can have evil, but in a world created by an evil God can't have good.

In either case, discounting the many fringe interpretations of gnostcism & Christianity, stick with Jesus and you'll be all good for eternity.
Rob
Valued Member
Creation Position: Undecided

Post by Rob »

Proinsias wrote: In either case, discounting the many fringe interpretations of gnostcism & Christianity, stick with Jesus and you'll be all good for eternity.
Sound advice.