Mitt Romney is a bad egg

Discussions about politics and goings on around the world. (Please keep discussions civil!)
Gman
Old School
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Day-Age

Mitt Romney is a bad egg

Post by Gman »

Do not vote for this guy...
The heart cannot rejoice in what the mind rejects as false - Galileo

We learn from history that we do not learn from history - Georg Friedrich Wilhelm Hegel

Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable, if anything is excellent or praiseworthy, think about such things. -Philippians 4:8
Ivellious
Esteemed Senior Member
Christian: No
Creation Position: I don't believe in creation

Re: Mitt Romney is a bad egg

Post by Ivellious »

Not that I totally disagree with you, but care to elaborate...? I've heard lots and lots of support for him lately from the Christian side of things, so I'm interested to hear what criticism you have for him.
Jillxz
Newbie Member
Sex: Female
Creation Position: Undecided

Post by Jillxz »

Romney is a Mormon and Mormon's are not Christian. But he is a moral , law abidibg citizen who up holds the Constitution and all that we believe. Obam claims to be a Christian and is tearing this Country apart .
I will vote for whom I think is the better man, Mitt Romney.
Gman
Old School

Post by Gman »

I don't have faith in either Romney nor Obama. And I have my reasons... I'm not as easily fooled.

We learn from history that we do not learn from history - Georg Friedrich Wilhelm Hegel

Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable, if anything is excellent or praiseworthy, think about such things. -Philippians 4:8
Danieltwotwenty
Ultimate Member
Creation Position: Theistic Evolution

Post by Danieltwotwenty »

1Tim1:15-17
Here is a trustworthy saying that deserves full acceptance: Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners of whom I am the worst. But for that very reason I was shown mercy so that in me, the worst of sinners, Christ Jesus might display his immense patience as an example for those who would believe in him and receive eternal life. Now to the King eternal, immortal, invisible, the only God, be honor and glory for ever and ever.Amen.
Stygian
Established Member

Post by Stygian »

Rob
Valued Member
Creation Position: Undecided

Post by Rob »

^ LOL!

Would you prefer to be lied to, then stolen from? Or stolen from, then lied to?
Furstentum Liechtenstein
Ultimate Member
Sex: It's Complicated
Creation Position: Young-Earth Creationist

Post by Furstentum Liechtenstein »

Gman wrote:Do not vote for this guy...
Gman! I know that you get Israel Today. What do you make of Israelis liking Romney over Obama? Now, Obama is no friend of Israel so even a polytheist like Romney who thinks he's descended from an Israelite tribe has to be better than your current President.

Why don't you Americans vote? Don't give me that baloney about no candidate being good enough; haven't you guys ever heard of strategic voting? Vote for the guy whose principles best line up with biblical values. y#-o Or is the real reason you don't vote is that you'd rather have the time off? Be honest. y:^o

FL
Hold everything lightly. If you don't, it will hurt when God pries your fingers loose as He takes it from you. -Corrie Ten Boom

+ + +

If they had a social gospel in the days of the prodigal son, somebody would have given him a bed and a sandwich and he never would have gone home.

+ + +
Gman
Old School

Post by Gman »

Furstentum Liechtenstein wrote:Gman! I know that you get Israel Today. What do you make of Israelis liking Romney over Obama? Now, Obama is no friend of Israel so even a polytheist like Romney who thinks he's descended from an Israelite tribe has to be better than your current President.
Yes... The Obama administration has the worst policies on Israel I have ever seen. The thing about Romney however is that he is a flip flopper. He says that he is for Israel but then he says that he is for a two state solution. Well anyone with enough brains knows that a two state solution is suicide for Israel. You don't have to be a rocket scientist to figure that out with the Arab extremists agenda to destroy Israel piece by piece.

So that is what scares me about Romney.. He says one thing, but then does another under enough pressure. Even under the abortion issue.
Furstentum Liechtenstein wrote:Why don't you Americans vote? Don't give me that baloney about no candidate being good enough; haven't you guys ever heard of strategic voting? Vote for the guy whose principles best line up with biblical values. y#-o Or is the real reason you don't vote is that you'd rather have the time off? Be honest. y:^o

FL
I know... But this is tricky stuff.. I'm not saying not to vote. I'm saying to vote wisely or independent.. I'm just not sure that Romney is one of them. Plus, as for morals, I can't vote for someone that exults the mormon church which is equivalent to the KKK in my book.

hopefulskeptic
Newbie Member
Creation Position: Theistic Evolution

Post by hopefulskeptic »

If for no ther reason look at it this way, the next president will probably be able to appoint two supreme court justices. If obama is re-elected roe v wade will likely never be overturned. If Romney wins he will appoint conservative judges who would likely overturn it. If not for the the economy, the debt, or for Isreal, consider voting for him because of this.
Furstentum Liechtenstein
Ultimate Member
Sex: It's Complicated
Creation Position: Young-Earth Creationist

Post by Furstentum Liechtenstein »

Thank you both for your answers. It sounds like you have a choice between Tweedle Dum & Tweedle Dee for President...

FL 8-}2
Hold everything lightly. If you don't, it will hurt when God pries your fingers loose as He takes it from you. -Corrie Ten Boom

+ + +

If they had a social gospel in the days of the prodigal son, somebody would have given him a bed and a sandwich and he never would have gone home.

+ + +