PLEASE I NEED HELP!!

Whether you are new or just lurking, take a moment to introduce yourself or discuss something general.
TL
Newbie Member

PLEASE I NEED HELP!!

Post by TL »

PLEASE HELP ME, I NEED YOUR HELP!

I have been sprinkle baptized and it has been proven that the only right method of getting baptized is being fully immersed in water. And because baptizing is required for salvation, this is really important for me. I am going to be baptized again. This is my decision. However I have a question, please help me!

I have my confirmation to the Lutheran Church tomorrow. Is it OK to do the confirmation and then, AFTER the confirmation, get baptized properly? Or should I give up and not go to the confirmation? Should I join another church instead? This is an extremely hard question. I just have to ask you and pray. Please help me!
Felgar
Esteemed Senior Member
Christian: No

Re: PLEASE I NEED HELP!!

Post by Felgar »

TL wrote:PLEASE HELP ME, I NEED YOUR HELP!

I have been sprinkle baptized and it has been proven that the only right method of getting baptized is being fully immersed in water. And because baptizing is required for salvation, this is really important for me. I am going to be baptized again. This is my decision. However I have a question, please help me!

I have my confirmation to the Lutheran Church tomorrow. Is it OK to do the confirmation and then, AFTER the confirmation, get baptized properly? Or should I give up and not go to the confirmation? Should I join another church instead? This is an extremely hard question. I just have to ask you and pray. Please help me!
Well I disagree that being baptized is a requirement to be saved. It does say believe and be baptized, but the belief is fundamental to your receiving God's Grace, whereas the baptism is only a an important step in terms of your fellowship in the church and growth as a Christian. John 3:16, remember?

I think you should read through this thread on baptism....
http://discussions.godandscience.org/vi ... 78&start=0

But regarding your question, I don't think it really matters. Do whatever you feel comfortable with. Maybe someone else can chime in...
ochotseat

Re: PLEASE I NEED HELP!!

Post by ochotseat »

TL wrote: I have been sprinkle baptized and it has been proven that the only right method of getting baptized is being fully immersed in water.
Sprinkle baptisms are acceptable if you're Catholic, so it's a matter of choice.
j316
Established Member

Post by j316 »

Tl: I was sprinkle baptized as a child{methodist} confirmed at 13 {episcopal] received the Holy Spirit at 40 as an apparent result of the Lord's will, got immersed at 55 {Calvary church] and to tell you the truth I think the only ones that really mattered were the last two.

Accept what is done to you in the Lord's name graciously, but it is what you do in response that is important.
j316
Established Member

Post by j316 »

By the way, I totally agree with Felgar