Did Nazareth Exist?

Are you a sincere seeker who has questions about Christianity, or a Christian with doubts about your faith? Post them here to receive a thoughtful response.
eric246
Familiar Member
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Day-Age

Did Nazareth Exist?

Post by eric246 »

I just saw this video from James Randi which is a few years old, talking about the lack of evidence for Nazareth actually existing. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WSzQC1zKesU

I was wondering if there is any evidence that goes against that, since in many other videos of Randi, I've seen him as a logical thinker. Of course, every human has their bias, whether religious or not. Just wanted to know if there is actually evidence out there disproving what he talks about, or at least questioning it.
snorider
Established Member
Christian: No

Re: Did Nazareth Exist?

Post by snorider »

Last edited by snorider on Sat Oct 13, 2012 5:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
B. W.
Ultimate Member

Post by B. W. »

eric246 wrote:I just saw this video from James Randi which is a few years old, talking about the lack of evidence for Nazareth actually existing. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WSzQC1zKesU

I was wondering if there is any evidence that goes against that, since in many other videos of Randi, I've seen him as a logical thinker. Of course, every human has their bias, whether religious or not. Just wanted to know if there is actually evidence out there disproving what he talks about, or at least questioning it.
Yes it did, Guess you can have faith in Utube or something from Israel on this subject...

http://www.nazareth-israel.com/nazarteh-history
-
-
-
Science is man's invention - creation is God's
(by B. W. Melvin)

Old Polish Proverb:
Not my Circus....not my monkeys
eric246
Familiar Member

Post by eric246 »

Thanks for responding. I'm not trying to deny its existence, but I was watching videos of Randi on other topics where he made logical conclusions from science. Obviously everyone has bias, and he can be bias against religion, but I just want truth.
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

eric246 wrote:Thanks for responding. I'm not trying to deny its existence, but I was watching videos of Randi on other topics where he made logical conclusions from science. Obviously everyone has bias, and he can be bias against religion, but I just want truth.

You can't handle the truth

Sorry, it just popped into my head. :mrgreen:
John 5:24
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

“A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves.”
-Edward R Murrow

St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony
1stjohn0666
Valued Member

Post by 1stjohn0666 »

All cities have not been found in the bible. The location of the original Nazareth is among the list. We do have biblical records which would point me to say there is a record of Nazareth. We have found Sodom recently and guess what, it is not on fire "eternal fire" LOL
PaulSacramento
Board Moderator
Creation Position: Theistic Evolution

Post by PaulSacramento »

eric246 wrote:Thanks for responding. I'm not trying to deny its existence, but I was watching videos of Randi on other topics where he made logical conclusions from science. Obviously everyone has bias, and he can be bias against religion, but I just want truth.
If you want to know about history, go to a historian, not a scientist.
And expert in ONE field does NOT = expert in any other field.
If more people ( see: so-called experts) understood historicity better, lots of this silliness wouldn't exist.