President 2012

Discussions about politics and goings on around the world. (Please keep discussions civil!)
Gman
Old School
Christian: Yes
Sex: Male
Creation Position: Day-Age

Re: President 2012

Post by Gman »

While I don't support everything the Constitution Party believes in, I believe Virgil Goode is the correct choice for America.
The heart cannot rejoice in what the mind rejects as false - Galileo

We learn from history that we do not learn from history - Georg Friedrich Wilhelm Hegel

Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable, if anything is excellent or praiseworthy, think about such things. -Philippians 4:8
Stygian
Established Member

Post by Stygian »

I haven't actually heard a lot from Virgil Goode, really. However, his stance on the War on Drugs is far from constitutional, which is funny considering his party membership. http://www.ontheissues.org/2012/Virgil_Goode_Drugs.htm
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

It's interesting about Gary Johnson. The one issue I completely disagree with him on principle, abortion, in practicality, if he implemented what he wants, abortions would be significantly less, IMO. Johnson is pro -choice, and has a horrible, illogical argument for that stance. But, he wants to overturn Roe v Wade, because he believes it should be up to the states, not the federal govt. And, while governor of New Mexico, he signed a ban on late term abortions. So while he is pro-choice, he is actually more pro-life than Romney and Obama in all practicality.
John 5:24
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

“A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves.”
-Edward R Murrow

St. Richard the Sarcastic--The Patron Saint of Irony
Canuckster1127
Old School
Creation Position: Theistic Evolution

Post by Canuckster1127 »

http://www.isidewith.com/results/188005827

Barack Obama - 80%
Jill Stein - 76%
Gary Johnson - 67%
Mitt Romney - 43%
Dogmatism is the comfortable intellectual framework of self-righteousness. Self-righteousness is more decadent than the worst sexual sin. ~ Dan Allender
jlay
Ultimate Member
Creation Position: Young-Earth Creationist

Post by jlay »

It is sad that 99% of Americans don't even know who Virgil Goode is, or any other candidate for that matter.

Anyway, I will once again be casting my presidential vote for the Constitution Party. This makes my 3rd election. The majority of voters will waste their vote picking one of these two. Sad.
-“The Bible treated allegorically becomes putty in the hands of the exegete.” John Walvoord

"I'm not saying scientists don't overstate their results. They do. And it's understandable, too...If you spend years working toward a certain goal and make no progress, of course you are going to spin your results in a positive light." Ivellious
Canuckster1127
Old School
Creation Position: Theistic Evolution

Post by Canuckster1127 »

I know who Virgil Goode is and the Constitutional Party too. I watched the 3rd party debate. I was impressed with Rocky Anderson in that debate as well as Gary Johnson as far as delivery and presence went.
Dogmatism is the comfortable intellectual framework of self-righteousness. Self-righteousness is more decadent than the worst sexual sin. ~ Dan Allender
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

jlay wrote:It is sad that 99% of Americans don't even know who Virgil Goode is, or any other candidate for that matter.

Anyway, I will once again be casting my presidential vote for the Constitution Party. This makes my 3rd election. The majority of voters will waste their vote picking one of these two. Sad.
jlay, it is sad and a little disturbing, IMO. We are basically forced to choose between 2 candidates that have any chance of winning. Why don't these other candidates at least get a chance to debate the two major candidates on a national scale? Something is wrong with this system.
One one hand, if everyone voted for the candidate that he/she feels has the best plan, then we wouldn't be forced in all practicality, to vote for one of two candidates.

On the other hand, how can we vote for a candidate that we don't even know is running?
24 “Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life.

-Edward R Murrow

RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

Canuckster1127 wrote:http://www.isidewith.com/results/188005827

Barack Obama - 80%
Jill Stein - 76%
Gary Johnson - 67%
Mitt Romney - 43%
Holy Crap Bart! You're a hippie! :pound: :pound: :pound: :pound:

-Edward R Murrow

jlay
Ultimate Member

Post by jlay »

I could have told you that about Bart without any survey.
-“The Bible treated allegorically becomes putty in the hands of the exegete.” John Walvoord

"I'm not saying scientists don't overstate their results. They do. And it's understandable, too...If you spend years working toward a certain goal and make no progress, of course you are going to spin your results in a positive light." Ivellious
Furstentum Liechtenstein
Ultimate Member
Sex: It's Complicated

Post by Furstentum Liechtenstein »

I saw a documentary on the US election yesterday and got to see a ballot that was 18 pages long. y:O2

18 PAGES?!

No wonder so few Americans vote!

I hereby forgive all Americans who sin by not voting.

y**== FL y**==
Hold everything lightly. If you don't, it will hurt when God pries your fingers loose as He takes it from you. -Corrie Ten Boom

+ + +

If they had a social gospel in the days of the prodigal son, somebody would have given him a bed and a sandwich and he never would have gone home.

+ + +
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

Furstentum Liechtenstein wrote:I saw a documentary on the US election yesterday and got to see a ballot that was 18 pages long. y:O2

18 PAGES?!

No wonder so few Americans vote!

I hereby forgive all Americans who sin by not voting.

y**== FL y**==
They're not all 18 pages. Mine was 4 pages. Most of which was explaining the amendments to the FL constitution. It took me probably 4 minutes to actually fill out the ballot.

-Edward R Murrow

Furstentum Liechtenstein
Ultimate Member
Sex: It's Complicated

Post by Furstentum Liechtenstein »

RickD wrote:They're not all 18 pages. Mine was 4 pages. Most of which was explaining the amendments to the FL constitution. It took me probably 4 minutes to actually fill out the ballot.
Well...it takes me all of 3 seconds to vote here. If it took me 4 minutes, I might stay home. You must be really committed. (I mean ''committed'' as in ''morally bound'' not as in ''asylum'' ...ahem.)

FL :mrgreen:
Hold everything lightly. If you don't, it will hurt when God pries your fingers loose as He takes it from you. -Corrie Ten Boom

+ + +

If they had a social gospel in the days of the prodigal son, somebody would have given him a bed and a sandwich and he never would have gone home.

+ + +
Stygian
Established Member

Post by Stygian »

RickD wrote:They're not all 18 pages. Mine was 4 pages.
There is also the mail-in voting thing. Only the front and back of a folding page page.
Byblos
Old School

Post by Byblos »

Furstentum Liechtenstein wrote:
RickD wrote:They're not all 18 pages. Mine was 4 pages. Most of which was explaining the amendments to the FL constitution. It took me probably 4 minutes to actually fill out the ballot.
Well...it takes me all of 3 seconds to vote here. If it took me 4 minutes, I might stay home. You must be really committed. (I mean ''committed'' as in ''morally bound'' not as in ''asylum'' ...ahem.)

FL :mrgreen:
You can't possibly vote in an American presidential election and finish in 3 seconds, unless of course one goes down one column without regard to what they're doing (which I suspect many do).

Ballot in NY is a single page but includes multiple elections:

1. President / VP
2. State Supreme Court judges (3 of them)
3. Municipal Court judges
4. State senate
5. State Congress

I may have forgotten 1 or 2 and sometimes it also includes a referendum or 2. I had already picked all the candidates prior to voting and it still took me several minutes to fill in the correct bubbles, check for accuracy, go to the scanning machine to scan it and make sure it was accepted.
Let us proclaim the mystery of our faith: Christ has died, Christ is risen, Christ will come again.

Lord I am not worthy that you should enter under my roof, but only say the word and my soul shall be healed.
RickD
Make me a Sammich Member

Post by RickD »

What are the chances that Romney wins the popular vote, and President Obama wins the election by electoral votes?

-Edward R Murrow